• Show
Clear All

• Got a call for poly schedule.

Comment

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      What region are you in?

• I did my EQUIP and medical all back in AUG and have heard nothing i heard they are backed up now anyone knows how long the wait is for something like the structured interview?

Comment

• I’m in ATL area. /misquote
      Last edited by HSIApplicant; 01-12-2021, 02:06 PM. Reason: Mis quote

Comment

• Good afternoon, everyone. I have a quick question, I applied to Border Patrol in October but failed due to lack of studying never the less I applied again last week and got notified “Your application is considered complete as you have already completed the required Entrance Exam assessments” is it taking my previous scores or something or is it being adjusted due to applying this time around with a degree? Thank you

Comment

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          You might have to wait until the next posting. I think they do a new one every month or two.

• Knocked out my SI yesterday in Atlanta (I’m 20-9 VRA for BPA and CBPO). Friday I scheduled my Polygraph for next Monday the 1st. Will definitely be an anxiety week since I also have my USSS Polygraph on Wednesday the 3rd lol.

Comment

• For timeline reasons: had Poly today- was given the verbal nod I passed. Left way quicker than I expected.

Comment

• big_bob_69
            big_bob_69 commented
            Editing a comment
            SI a month and a half ago and no communication about scheduling a poly.

Guess it doesn't matter since FLETC is getting shut down again...

• Poly scheduled this morning. Glad to hear it’s business casual.

Comment

• darkhorse6
            darkhorse6 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m at my hotel getting ready to do my pre-security interview and structured interviews this morning. I just decided to wear a suit. I’m not even sure what constitutes “business casual” at this point.

• big_bob_69
            big_bob_69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good call. I wore a suit to the interviews too.

I wore one to a poly recently and it SUCKED. I’ll probably still wear a sports coat, but that’s much better than a full wool suit lol

• darkhorse6
            darkhorse6 commented
            Editing a comment
            Passed everything. I’m gonna go more casual for the poly. No wool suit for that.

• big_bob_69
            big_bob_69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats! I had about a two month wait from SI to my poly date. Others waited about a month.

• Official poly pass- literally next business day re-cert for EQIP. So fast.

Comment

• big_bob_69
            big_bob_69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats! Hope to join you in the winners circle soon haha.

• Submitted my medical follow up in early January and have not heard anything since. Is this normal ?

Comment

• Is the average timeline from application to EOD still around a year?

Comment

• big_bob_69
              big_bob_69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, but EODs are still kind of delayed at the moment. If you applied now, you probably wouldn't have that problem by the time you got hired.

• Originally posted by BigZ152 View Post
            Good afternoon, everyone. I have a quick question, I applied to Border Patrol in October but failed due to lack of studying never the less I applied again last week and got notified “Your application is considered complete as you have already completed the required Entrance Exam assessments” is it taking my previous scores or something or is it being adjusted due to applying this time around with a degree? Thank you
            Is because you have to wait six months to retake the exam from the time you failed, so what you will need to do is look for the email when they told you that you did not pass the test and from that date calculate the six months. So my guess is you will be able to take it either in March or April again, it depends from the day they notify you.

Comment

• I applied for the BPA VRA gl9 20-9 everything is done but the poly I'm in dallas tx anybody hearing anything on scheduling the poly from. Texas?

Comment

• Just got an email scheduling me for pre security and structured interview after not hearing anything for almost 9 months.

Tbh I kind of forgot I was a candidate lol.
                Last edited by Saluki89; 04-04-2021, 06:08 AM.

Comment

• Waiting for a PT test, drug test, and BG to clear. I understand this is more of a budget question, but is GL-9 in San Diego doable for single guy no kids?

I'd be grateful for any offer but I'd prefer an area with waves, things to do etc..

Comment

• Eliteforce
                    Eliteforce commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It is doable, but it is definitely not worth it in my opinion. Unless you don't mind a roommate, I would recommend looking at places to live in Temecula/Murrieta which is in the Inland Empire (IE). If you still want to be in SD County, check out Chula Vista or El Cajon.

• Exbpa340
                    Exbpa340 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It’s been many years since I wore green but I used to make that trek from Temecula/Murrieta down to the line. My drive (Murrieta to BRF) was 79 miles one way and I wouldn’t recommend it for a single guy. I made the sacrifice because I had a family and wanted a nice house and schools for the kids. My commute was about 1.5 hours in the morning and over 2 hours in the evening and this was nearly 20 years ago. I can’t imagine it being better now.
                    Last edited by Exbpa340; 04-07-2021, 01:38 AM.

• SHU
                    SHU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    By yourself, no unless you want to live in a bad parts of town, which are still very expensive. Think roommates, lots of them.

• Originally posted by HSIApplicant View Post
                  Waiting for a PT test, drug test, and BG to clear. I understand this is more of a budget question, but is GL-9 in San Diego doable for single guy no kids?

I'd be grateful for any offer but I'd prefer an area with waves, things to do etc..
                  Keep in mind as soon as you hit the field after the academy into FTO, you start getting +25% pay after a few pay periods.
                  Then, six months after the academy, you are a GS-11 + 25%.

Doesn't really answer the question about is it doable, but it gets a lot better pay-wise real quick.
                  UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                  "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3434 users online. 201 members and 3233 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X