300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlcatrazT2 View Post
    Everyone, I'm in need of urgent advice. I just got a letter in the mail saying I'm 'Ineligible' when I was told I PASSED on the Oral Board interview date. I don't know what to do. Can anyone please provide me with some guidance. I'm hoping this was a mistake. If they really went back on their words then I don't know what else to say...

If its not some sort of error, then it was something in your BI. I don't see a Agent at a OB telling you that you passed the OB when you failed it. They are not shy people. Not one bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlcatrazT2 View Post
      Everyone, I'm in need of urgent advice. I just got a letter in the mail saying I'm 'Ineligible' when I was told I PASSED on the Oral Board interview date. I don't know what to do. Can anyone please provide me with some guidance. I'm hoping this was a mistake. If they really went back on their words then I don't know what else to say...
      Maybe it wasn't your OB, check your CASS....If there's nothing there, give them a call or send them an e-mail
      BPA:
      Written Test: Passed (97%)
      Reactivated Feb 09
      Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
      Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
      Medical Exam: Completed
      Drug Test: Completed
      Fitness: Completed
      Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
      Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
      Written Test: Passed (80% )
      Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
      Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
        Maybe it wasn't your OB, check your CASS....If there's nothing there, give them a call or send them an e-mail
        Everything shows up as pending although I know for a fact that they have received all the proper paperwork for my BI. I have a tracking # etc.

Also, it states that a clinic has been scheduled for me to attend and do my fitness test but I was never contacted regarding that.

A lot of discrepancies in my opinion.
        Last edited by AlcatrazT2; 01-21-2009, 01:23 AM.
        United States Border Patrol
        08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

• Well, I was contacted today and was told that it was a clerical error. I passed the Oral Board like I was told on the day of the interview.
          United States Border Patrol
          08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

Comment

• There you go

Congrats man! I think the OB is the hardest part, maybe that's cause that's what I failed, but I found the fitness very easy and I'm not an exercise junkie.
            BPA:
            Written Test: Passed (97%)
            Reactivated Feb 09
            Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
            Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
            Medical Exam: Completed
            Drug Test: Completed
            Fitness: Completed
            Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
            Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
            Written Test: Passed (80% )
            Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
            Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• Whew.. to you Alcatraz. Good to hear that it was just an error. SO I just applied to BP and I heard that the process is actually taking up to 3-4 months to get hire on compared to 6-12 months like it was before. Is that true?

Curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by sd_girl03 View Post
                I heard that the process is actually taking up to 3-4 months to get hire on compared to 6-12 months like it was before. Is that true?
                It is not true or false. It is possible. Since every application is unique, the timeline varies. I would plan on 4-6 months.
                BPA Status
                TSU: 04/24/09
                EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
                Resigned: 10/28/09
                Reapplied: 07/29/11
                NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
                TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
                PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
                Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
                Applied: 06/24/11
                Written: 07/21/11
                NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

• Northern Border announcement opening up on Jan 26th. Good luck everyone applying! I sure will be!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringe View Post
                    Northern Border announcement opening up on Jan 26th. Good luck everyone applying! I sure will be!
                    Good luck to those that receive the Nothern Border. It is way too cold up there for me. I am looking forward to the Southern Border.
                    BPA Status
                    TSU: 04/24/09
                    EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
                    Resigned: 10/28/09
                    Reapplied: 07/29/11
                    NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
                    TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
                    PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
                    Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
                    Applied: 06/24/11
                    Written: 07/21/11
                    NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

• I have said this before, but I just thought that I would mention it again. If you want to get the most out of the job, do not try to go to the northern border as your first duty station.

I think a lot of other PAs will agree with me on this...

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPat View Post
                        I have said this before, but I just thought that I would mention it again. If you want to get the most out of the job, do not try to go to the northern border as your first duty station.

I think a lot of other PAs will agree with me on this...
                        That's a pretty interesting statement. Can you list details, to assist me in making the correct Geo preference?

Comment

• I whole heartedly agree. If you want to be a PA, you need to go south! This job takes several years to learn at a busy southwest border station. You will not learn it at a NB station that catches less in a year than others do in a single shift.

Comment

• What is the typical day like in the northern border? I've been reading up on HonorFirst, but it's very difficult to find any information on the NB. I'm sure it's cause of the reason listed above.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringe View Post
                              That's a pretty interesting statement. Can you list details, to assist me in making the correct Geo preference?
                              For your geographic preference simply pick the area in which you would most like to live. There is work to be found at pretty much any station on the SW border. The reason I advise against going north is that there really isn't a whole lot of work to do there. They don't make a lot of apprehensions at those stations. You are not going to learn the job up there, and spending 9 or 10 months on the SW border is not sufficient to teach you the job either. Besides, BP work is fun, sometimes you get crappy assignments, but generally it is like a big game of adult hide-and-seek. If you go up north you will miss out on all of the fun that is part of the job.

I may be biased, and I have never worked up north. However, teh numbers don't lie. Like Madchicken says, many SW border stations arrest more in a shift then some northern stations do in a year. If you want to experience what the job is about my advice is to start out on the SW border, do at least 5 years there, and if you still want to go north either put in for a transfer (if they even have them available) or try to promote to the northern border as a supervisor.

That is just my .02.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPat View Post
                                For your geographic preference simply pick the area in which you would most like to live. There is work to be found at pretty much any station on the SW border. The reason I advise against going north is that there really isn't a whole lot of work to do there. They don't make a lot of apprehensions at those stations. You are not going to learn the job up there, and spending 9 or 10 months on the SW border is not sufficient to teach you the job either. Besides, BP work is fun, sometimes you get crappy assignments, but generally it is like a big game of adult hide-and-seek. If you go up north you will miss out on all of the fun that is part of the job.

I may be biased, and I have never worked up north. However, teh numbers don't lie. Like Madchicken says, many SW border stations arrest more in a shift then some northern stations do in a year. If you want to experience what the job is about my advice is to start out on the SW border, do at least 5 years there, and if you still want to go north either put in for a transfer (if they even have them available) or try to promote to the northern border as a supervisor.

That is just my .02.
                                Ya know, that isn't really a bad idea. How long does it usually take a Patrol Agent to make supervisor. How competitive is it?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5225 users online. 369 members and 4856 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X