BPA VRA 20-10
    Applied: 07/16/2020
    Online Assessment: 07/16/2020 (PASSED)
    PSI Written Test: Scheduled for 07/18/2020

Comment

• Page
      Page commented
      Editing a comment
      Trying again .... You mean you are re-applying for BPA? Or you mean your post didn't go through and you are re-trying your post? lol I'm confused!

• fsi1212
      fsi1212 commented
      Editing a comment
      Page I am re-applying. My bad.

• Page
      Page commented
      Editing a comment
      It's cool! I wish you well in the application process then! I just wasn't sure which one it was, didn't want to wish you luck if it was that you were trying to re-post...lol!

• TX_1911
      TX_1911 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice good luck I passed the on-site test waiting to go through the process

• Got the conditional offer this morning. Does anyone know if going forward with this process will interfere with the Secret Service 1811 process (I’m thinking about the BI)? Or would it help since they’re both DHS? I’ve read both online, so I’m not sure which is true.
    Last edited by big_bob_69; 07-20-2020, 09:20 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Iamkre8
      Iamkre8 commented
      Editing a comment
      It won't.....

• Page
      Page commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL - we started a thread on this a little while ago, we all still have no idea aside from it really depends! I guess you will be the experiment for this one -- proceed and let us know how it turns out!

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I went ahead and accepted. It's been nothing but silence from USSS for nearly 5 months now after passing the SAEE. Even the FBI is moving faster than the USSS now, which is disappointing. The speedy hiring process was one of the big draws of the USSS.

Now I just need to tell my wife...lol.

• I'm working on getting back into the national guard and then applying to BPA and CBPO afterwards. I want to move to AZ Phoenix or Tuscan area. My questions are. How are the stations in AZ? How is the commute to the duty station let's say from Tuscan or Phoenix? Is the AZ region in dire need of bodies? How is the pay compared to cost of living?

Comment

• Got my tentative offer today for BP, what is the time line for interviews, background etc.? And what is the order? Also starting as a GL-7 anyone know what the pay grade is? I’ve looked online but couldn’t find a clear answer.

Comment

• Is this what you could'nt find?

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...ement-officer/

Also there is way more up to date hiring info as well as general Border Patrol information on this forum:

https://forums.delphiforums.com/borderpatrol
        Last edited by DiverB72; 07-20-2020, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamkre8 View Post
          I'm working on getting back into the national guard and then applying to BPA and CBPO afterwards. I want to move to AZ Phoenix or Tuscan area. My questions are. How are the stations in AZ? How is the commute to the duty station let's say from Tuscan or Phoenix? Is the AZ region in dire need of bodies? How is the pay compared to cost of living?
          Casa grande station is a 30-40 minute commute from the south Phoenix area. Ajo station agents have a 1.5 hour commute from the west Phoenix area to work every day. Tucson station agents can live in any part of Tucson with a short commute. Three points agents have a30-40 minute commute from the west and north side of town. Nogales agents drive about an hour to get to work from the south Tucson are. Most Naco and Douglas Agent live in the Sierra vista area. Tucson sector is usually adding agents year round.

Comment

• Iamkre8
            Iamkre8 commented
            Editing a comment
            Does casa grande have a lot of openings?

• Iamkre8
            Iamkre8 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for the reply and information!

• Originally posted by fsi1212 View Post
          Trying this again.

BPA VRA 20-10
          PSI Written Test: 07/18/2020 (AWAITING RESULTS)

Comment

• big_bob_69
            big_bob_69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Took exactly a week to get the test results. This was a few weeks ago so I assume it'd be a similar timeline.

• fsi1212
            fsi1212 commented
            Editing a comment
            big_bob_69 I haven't heard anything yet. Probably this week I would assume.

• Is Casa Grande, AZ considered a good station to work?

Comment

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            One or the most desirable stations in AZ, for the station's location and where you can live with nearly no commute.

• SHU
            SHU commented
            Editing a comment
            Very much so but most PAs don't live in Casa Grand. Its kind of a dump. PAs usually live in the southern suburbs of Phoenix with Chandler AZ being the most popular. It is a very nice area to live.
            Last edited by SHU; 07-30-2020, 01:41 PM.

• Bidstar
            Bidstar commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for the responses guys, I was looking into the locations that usajobs is giving at the moment and Casa Grande pick up my attention, hopefully I get it my final offer!

• BPA VRA 20-10
          PSI Written Test: 07/18/2020 (PASSED)
          Conditional Offer: 07/28/2020 (ACCEPTED)

Comment

• big_bob_69
            big_bob_69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats! Now the fun stuff begins. They got the E-QIP stuff to me pretty fast (the day after I accepted) and sent me stuff to schedule the med exam. I submitted the E-QIP last Friday and they called me today with a minor correction to make and said it'd be sent off to OPR tomorrow if it looks good. Seems like they mean business.

• battlewagon and SHU is casa grande in need of bodies? Thinking about applying for the BP position and interested in the Phoenix area. Any other stations within decent commuting distance from the south Phoenix area

Comment

• SHU
            SHU commented
            Editing a comment
            They need people but that doesn't mean headquarters will give them any. Most every station on the southern border needs bodies. But your odds of getting Casa Grand are poor and no other stations are in a reasonable commute from Phoenix. Ajo agents commute from Buckeye but its an hour and 20 minutes, each way. But you can probably get Ajo quite easy but its a horrible commute from anywhere to get to the middle of nowhere.
            Last edited by SHU; 07-31-2020, 10:12 PM.

• Bidstar
            Bidstar commented
            Editing a comment
            SHU I was also considering selecting Carrizo Springs and then communing from Ulvade or San Antonio, I hope in my final offer I don’t get places in the middle of nowhere like West Texas, fingers crossed. Also sorry for asking another question, what other locations should I be aware of that have a considerable commute to work? Thanks!

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            There's a near guarantee you will get a station in the Rio Grande Valley, and you can live in the McAllen/Edinburg/Mission region which for a border city, is pretty large, nice, and good place to live solo or with family. Specifically the Falfurrias checkpoint which will need agents until the end of time.

Carrizo Springs to San An would be an absurd commute, even if you lived in the SW corner of SA. There is an agent van pool from Uvalde to SA, or at least there was last time I talked to an agent there. Cotulla and Uvalde are the main stations in TX that offer SA living or at least outskirt living with a somewhat bearable commute.

There's also an agent van pool from Falfurrias to Edinburg. Unless you love rural middle of no where living, which there's nothing wrong with, south Texas stations are going to be a more ideal fit than many of the West Texas spots. South Texas has very good work historically, and prob will forever due to being the closest point to Central America for people and drugs. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there, both my station and the work, and the off duty quality of life.

• Bidstar
            Bidstar commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you so much for the response battlewagon , definitely I’m looking for a station that is not in the middle of nowhere, I’m going to look into those cities you mentioned looks like they will be a great fit for me.

• SHU and battlewagon looks like Tucson and Sierra Vista will be back up options. Would my chances be better trying to get Tucson and stations near by or Sierra Vista and stations nearby verse phoenix/casa grande?
          Last edited by Iamkre8; 08-02-2020, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• SHU
            SHU commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes the odds would be better but you can't predict what they are going to offer. You get whatever they offer and you accept or decline. Naco and Douglas are within commuting distance of
            Sierra Vista and Naco is way better of the two stations. But its all just a crap shoot as to what they offer. It changes with the wind. Three points is probably the best station in the state due to the lower cost of living in Tucson compared to Phoenix. And Three Points has no checkpoint or processing and a ton of bodies crossing which makes it a phenomenal station to work at. But like Casa Grand, the odds of getting it are poor. They hired a bunch of trainees last year and that was the first time in years they accepted anything other than a VRP. But like most things in the patrol, all of it could change next week without warning or explanation so who knows.

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            SHU is the AZ pro, I have limited experience there with BP, so whatever be says is gospel

• Gotcha battlewagon thanks lol. SHU thanks for the reply. Yeah I figured changes can happen quickly and unexpectedly. I noticed the available positions in Arizona has drastically decrease in the current posting compared to each of the previous monthly postings. Looks like everyone is flocking to Arizona lol. I'll keep those stations you mentioned in mind when comes time for me to get a final offer and decide.

Comment

• Timeline:

7/2 - applied
            7/2 - online assessment and written exam scheduled
            7/8 - exam
            7/15 - exam results
            7/20 - tentative offer
            7/24 - scheduled medical exam and received E-QIP
            7/25 - submitted E-QIP
            7/27 - re-submitted E-QIP
            7/28 - re-submitted E-QIP
            7/29 - re-submitted E-QIP
            7/31 - E-QIP submitted to OPR and fingerprints scheduled
            8/1 - fingerprints
            8/4 - medical exam

Moving right along. Since it seems everyone's EODs have been pushed back to March 2021 at the earliest, it seems like there's a good chance I can get everything finished before then.

Comment

• Cleared medical, e quip done, no test needed, fingerprints done, waiting on BI, Poly, Interview, and PT. They’ve been incredibly professional and quick.

Comment

• big_bob_69
                big_bob_69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, I'm impressed so far. Especially since they're keeping it moving along during a pandemic.

• How is the written exam? I completed CBP's written exam in May of 2019. Timeline below:

BPA DH 20-11
              Applied: 8/4/2020
              Online Assessment: 8/4/2020
              PSI Written Test: 8/8/2020

Comment

• Page
                Page commented
                Editing a comment
                It's not hard, about the same as the one for CBPO. I've taken it twice and passed both times no problem. The first time was around 2015 and they had this "artificial language" aptitude test if you don't speak Spanish, and it was kind of difficult, but they got rid of that on the current test. It is just the sections you see in the review book, no math. That is, unless they added sections recently or something (unlikely) but please check the review book to be sure!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4883 users online. 303 members and 4580 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X