Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys I'm currently scheduled to leave for the academy in a few weeks. Does anyone know when I should receive a package in the mail or any information in regards to me leaving for the academy?

Comment

• DRohn167
      DRohn167 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you here anything in regards to this I’d love to hear as well

• Originally posted by jcsaenz3 View Post
    and when his 1 year probationary period was over he would be able to transfer over to a new station.
    lol.

Comment

• DJ9
      DJ9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Because SHU knows you won’t be able to transfer for a solid 5 years

• SHU
      SHU commented
      Editing a comment
      5 to 10 years for a crappy place. 15 years for a great place. 20+ for the best places. Transfers in the patrol are extremely hard to get.
      Last edited by SHU; 03-09-2020, 11:35 PM.

• SingleRonin
      SingleRonin commented
      Editing a comment
      Completely agree with SHU on those timelines. The only way I see new guys transferring within the Patrol, with no time in, is by doing a rehire. If anyone tries to tell you different, they are selling you a load of BS.

The rehire idea has been pretty successful for people though. At our station, normally about half of a trainee class leaves within a few months due to being rehired somewhere else.

• Angelcaro
      Angelcaro commented
      Editing a comment
      so they pretty much get their foot in the door

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

The most comfortable pillow you can sleep on is a clean conscious.
    ^^^ This! Well said and very true. In the 18 years full time LE I have thought to myself after some incident or other involving the outright hatred for LE by the public "I should have been a firefighter like my Dad, everyone loves them." But... the good done by you should outweigh the negativity.
    • Lives saved
    • People helped
    • Property protected
    • Children positively influenced
    • Violators arrested
    • General satisfaction of a job well done
    Even when there are no "good" calls for service because you and your squad have cleaned the area up.

Anyway you either have the fire in your belly for LE or you don't. I do not regret my career choices. Hopefully you figure yourself and your priorities out before you get on the job.
    You miss every shot you don't take.

Comment

• EOD coming up on March 30th. Got an email saying everything going forward as planned and no cancellations. Any word on possible delays or EOD dates pushed back due to COVID-19?

Comment

• SHU
        SHU commented
        Editing a comment
        Buddy of mine at the academy got word yesterday his detail there was ending due to the virus. The academy is 10-7.

• DRohn167
        DRohn167 commented
        Editing a comment
        SHU does that mean they are sending everyone home?

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah DRohn, students and staff. They made the call end of the work day Friday (20th) for Artesia and Glynco FLETC too. Students sent home with no time frame estimate for return.

• DRohn167
        DRohn167 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sheesh.. thanks for the update guys I really appreciate it. Was supposed to be heading down to Del Rio for my EOD on the 30th but I’m sure I’ll be hearing from them on Monday. Glad I didn’t start the drive from CT yet at least. Back to the prison I go for now then lol, hopefully I can withdraw my resignation date.

• Double post. Accidental
      Last edited by DRohn167; 03-21-2020, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• With FLETC Artesia being closed, do y'all think that the hiring pipeline will be significantly delayed? I completed my SI a little over a month ago, so I'm now just waiting on my polygraph to be scheduled. I heard originally that the time between SI and poly would be about 8-10 weeks. Should I expect that wait to be a whole lot longer now?

Comment

• DiverB72
          DiverB72 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes the hiring will be delayed. I will be returning to CBP AMO after being gone for 90 days on Leave without pay, and the process took forever due to the hiring center workers being at home and not being able to process my paperwork. I have a buddy who is a supervisor at FLETC Artesia and he just texted me the other day they are sending trainees home. Try to be patient, stay in good health, it will work its self out.

• Reuben
          Reuben commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the info, Diver! Sorry to hear about the leave w/o pay. Hoping you and yours make it fine until work resumes.

• Barbie711
          Barbie711 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey everyone 20-3 here ! I am just giving an update. I was contacted by my BI and references have also been contacted. Even though it feels like everything is a mess right now. Some good news, there are signs of movement and the process Is moving along.

• Hello guys so finally got the call I am 19-8 announcement. They offered:

TEXAS:
        Eagle Pass
        Carrizo Springs
        Presidio
        Sanderson

They offered CA but I didn't want to hear the stations since I am not interested, can anyone give me some input on this stations? I currently live in RGV, I wouldn't like to live in some place were there is nothing to do. Thank you!

Comment

• Amelen14
          Amelen14 commented
          Editing a comment
          What made you decide not to consider CA? I got picked up from OR and will EOD at Brown Field this year, haven't heard much about the San Diego sector as much as Tuscon/El Paso.

Tango!

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          I doubt his unwillingness to hear CA stations had anything to do with the specific stations or sectors, as much as living in California in itself.

• Originally posted by RGVmore View Post
        Hello guys so finally got the call I am 19-8 announcement. They offered:

TEXAS:
        Eagle Pass
        Carrizo Springs
        Presidio
        Sanderson

They offered CA but I didn't want to hear the stations since I am not interested, can anyone give me some input on this stations? I currently live in RGV, I wouldn't like to live in some place were there is nothing to do. Thank you!
        Eagle Pass or Chorizo Springs....The other two NO....just NO....If youre from the RGV good luck getting back bro, so whatever you take be prepared to stay there...the rehire is on to us, so if you do rehire prepare for everything Laredo, Sanderson, and Presidio....Good luck

Comment

• What do you mean by rehire ?
          @bournesto33 WellI've been researching in the locations and I don't like them a bit, I only like Eagle Pass but I was told there are two stations South and North and I was told to choose South since management is better there. I was also wondering what if I decline the offer and reapply for better stations? anyone has info in that?

Comment

• Hey everyone, I got an interesting question.... With the current lock down on everything do you all think the interviews will transition over to Skype and or Phone? Probably not, just curious that is all. I am currently going through the process, passed my written, did my medical and completed my EQIP. My announcement is 20-5.

Thanks and good luck everyone!

Comment

• Barbie711
              Barbie711 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, everything is still moving along if your in the BI or further.
              Last edited by Barbie711; 04-03-2020, 12:34 PM.

• SHU
              SHU commented
              Editing a comment
              The agents who do oral hiring boards have been returned to the field.

• Hello All,

I just submitted an application for the GS-7 Border Patrol Direct Hire announcement "BPA DH 20-7". I am 50% of the way through CBP's process and have not received an update on my application since June of 2019 as I await a polygraph date. I would like to know:

1. From application to academy, how long is the average hiring process?
            2. I am 50% through the CBP process, which portions (if any) of CBP's hiring process transfers to BPA? Thus far, I have completed CBP's application, written exam, PT test, structured interview, medical screening, finger prints and submitted my eQip.

Mid 20's, clean background, east coast resident, Cyber Security Degree + 2.5 years of full time Cyber experience in the private sector.

Thank you

Comment

• DRohn167
              DRohn167 commented
              Editing a comment
              I applied in July of 2018 and was sworn in via Skype last Monday the 30th. So that’s about 20 months for me but I also had several holdups along the way and because of that I would say I could have finished the process in a year if not for those (medical questionnaire responses, two polygraphs rescheduled). I was in CBP process for a bit to before withdrawing and I can confirm that at least the PT, and interview weren’t transferable but I know the physical, background and poly were. I imagine the written test would be different too. Hope that helps!

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• I woke up this morning and saw a green check next to my background, the biggest obstacle I overcome in the process because I made poor decisions in my early adult life. PT and drug are the last. Happiest day ever and potential to correct and change my life for myself, my wife, and most important better future for my two boys. Assuming I pass the last two, does that mean I'm in? Thanks for reading and reply. I'm 20-1 in OC CA, anyone here on the same boat in OC CA?

Comment

• battlewagon
                battlewagon commented
                Editing a comment
                Your current location where you live has no affect on your application. You already poly'd? If so and passed, then yeah you're pretty much in. I'd say make plans to be leaving for fletc but that's an unknown right now.

• Wanted to begin my career as a border patrol agent and now that I have passed everything except for the fitness exam 2 (only because I haven't been scheduled to take it yet due to obvious reasons) should I continue to wait until department of homeland security start back up again? Kind of tempted to look for other jobs that are still actively hiring at this time but considering this is a GS-7 position I wanted to stick it out.

I just feel like they won't start a new academy for a very long time (possibly next year) and not sure if I want to wait that long.

What would you guys do? Would you just wait it out or look for a different career choice?

Comment

• Moose225
                Moose225 commented
                Editing a comment
                Not sure I understand... theres no other Fed agency that you'd be able to get into quicker than BPA with where you're at in the process right now. Also, most local agencies have had an impact in hiring as a result of Covid... so if you're near the end of the BPA process, I highly doubt you could get picked up anywhere else in a shorter time frame with everything going on.

• SHU
                SHU commented
                Editing a comment
                Always look for other jobs. No guarantees with the Patrol.

• I have a weird question, I have quite a few food allergies and wanted to know if the academy accommodates people with allergies, or is it everyone gets the same food no matter what. Also do you have to prepare and serve the food for your fellow trainees, i have heard they do this in a few police academies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6661 users online. 344 members and 6317 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X