Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently in the process for the Border Patrol Agent Position.

Application Received 11/13/19
    Entrance Exam Passed 11/25/19
    Pre-Offer 12/2/19
    EQIP 12/9/19
    Medical Exam 12/9/19 (sent but no confirmation yet)

Comment

• Angelcaro
      Angelcaro commented
      Editing a comment
      My process has been super quick

• Breely23
      Breely23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Where are you in the process ? When have you started the process as well

• Originally posted by Breely23 View Post
    Currently in the process for the Border Patrol Agent Position.

Pre-Offer 12/2/19
    EQIP 12/9/19
    Medical Exam 12/9/19 (sent but no confirmation yet)

Looking at my Medical exam status from CHSmedical it says insufficient. What does this mean I dont understand. Also I was not contacted by CBP with any sort of status update.

Comment

• Goodmorning Currently in the process for Border Patrol Agent. Just wanted to share my process so far. Im in the 19-10 process
      Sitting at 63 % on CASS APP

Application: July 18
      PT 1/ Medical: August 19
      E-QUIP: August 22
      Resubmit E-Quip: September 2
      Structured Interview: September 10 had to reschedule to October 11th
      Email for Polygraph: September 22 was emailed for my polygraph to be taken on the 11th of October but had to reschedule due to that being the same day my Structured Interview had been set for. ( Found it weird they scheduled me for a Polygraph before my SI)
      Structured Interview: October 11th passed and fingerprint cards were taken that same day.
      Polygraph: October 15th got a verbal pass from the examiner but told me to wait for Quality Controls response
      October 18th: got email that I officially passed my Polygraph examination
      October 24th: contacted by my case manager that my Background Investigation had started and that i would be contacted by a BI soon
      November 18th: call from Investigator that he wanted to meet with me on the following day. He told me he wanted to finish all my packet by the end of the week so he was in a hurry.
      November 19th: had interview with BI and that same day he met with my current job supervisor, parents, neighbors and personal references.
      November 22th: BI calls me to clarify some information on my education,.
      November 23rd: BI tells me everything had been submitted on time and that everything had been pre-approved just to wait for a call for further information or if i was going to be going to New Mexico.

December 17th: emailed by BI Case Manager that my file was being sent off back to CBP for final adjudication.

Any other applicants here on a 19-10 announcement and info on how their process is going ...
      Last edited by jcsaenz3; 12-17-2019, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• Angelcaro
        Angelcaro commented
        Editing a comment
        Im 19-9
        I met my investigator last week, this whole week he’s been scheduling meetings with my references... he said im most likely going to the academy in April

• jcsaenz3
        jcsaenz3 commented
        Editing a comment
        It gonna be almost a month since I spoke to my Background Investigator. I found it weird that he finished my packed it less than 3 days: he met with me, my current job, one reference, my parents, and my neighbors, and my previous job in that short time span.

• Anybody ever have their CASS status go down from 63% to 50%???

Comment

• My locations to pick were Marfa Texas, lordsburg Texas, Sanderson Texas and Presido Texas. Any information on these locations, which is best to work at. Thanks

Comment

• jcsaenz3
          jcsaenz3 commented
          Editing a comment
          HonorFirst has some good information on those locations

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          What did you end up picking

• FerrerRodriguez
          FerrerRodriguez commented
          Editing a comment
          Battlewagon i choose Sanderson Tx

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool deal. Small west Texas community. Stick around that station for a few years and you'll have some senority and promotion potential. Good luck at academy.

• Hey all, long time lurker and a current applicant. I was hoping to get someones take on this since I haven't heard anything yet through email or phone.

11-4 took polygraph and received a verbal pass
        11-8 got a call from QC said that they needed a follow up to redo some sections

12-2 got a verbal fail mid way through test and examiner continued with a little interrogation for around 45 minutes, then ended with i'll submit this to QC and see what they say.

It's been about 2 weeks and i haven't received anything. Not too sure if the "fail" was a scare tactic or if i really failed, does anyone have any experience something like this?

Also, is there i can speak to someone about the status of my application other than through the CBP app?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• jcsaenz3
          jcsaenz3 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think its just up to QC to determine if you pass or fail. Ive read of guys that have taken it four times.

• Does anyone know how many actual days the border patrol academy is?

Comment

• anuj1985a
          anuj1985a commented
          Editing a comment
          117 training days

• Hey guys I just Received the call with a EOD of March 23 but I need help choosing duty stations as I am not familiar with the areas. I am young, single and have no family if that matters. these are the list of towns they gave me:

Texas:
        Harlingen
        Forth brown
        Laredo north
        East pass south
        Marfa
        Presidio
        Sanderson
        Fort hancock

New Mexico:
        Lordsburg
        Deming
        Las cruces
        Santa taresa

California:
        Calixo
        El centro
        Boulevard
        San clemente
        brownfield

Comment

• DRohn167
          DRohn167 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m jealous man, I really would have loved either Harlingen to be near Brownsville and South Padre, or Santa Teresa to be near El Paso. Good friend of mine used to work Santa Teresa and lived in El Paso and absolutely loved it. I took Uvalde and EOD March 23rd as well so I’ll be seeing you then!

• Originally posted by Cgrizz View Post
        Hey guys I just Received the call with a EOD of March 23 but I need help choosing duty stations as I am not familiar with the areas. I am young, single and have no family if that matters. these are the list of towns they gave me:

Texas:
        Harlingen
        Forth brown
        Laredo north
        East pass south
        Marfa
        Presidio
        Sanderson
        Fort hancock

New Mexico:
        Lordsburg
        Deming
        Las cruces
        Santa taresa

California:
        Calixo
        El centro
        Boulevard
        San clemente
        brownfield
        In my opinion San Clemente and Harlingen are hands-down the most desirable stations on that list. however, depending on what you want most desirable doesn't equal most fun. Harlingen is one of the very desirable stations in the Rio grande Valley sector, due to its location and being a good town to live in but also reasonable commuting distance from two other major cities. It's a line station meaning you are patrolling the Border along the river, which is in my opinion the most fun type of work. However Harlingen is long and by far the slowest station in the Rio grande Valley sector, or it was when I left at least. There's still work to be had you won't be sitting on your butt everyday, but I remember they were times where they would apprehend in a week what the busy stations down the road would apprehend in a single shift.

San Clemente is mostly checkpoint work, and while I have no experience there or anywhere in California, I know San Clemente is a desirable station due to being so far inland that you have a ton of great places you can live within a reasonable commute. Boulevard and brownfield are also fairly desirable stations due to their proximity to San Diego.

Some of the Cali guys will have to chime in and maybe people with experience in New Mexico and West Texas. Putting all differences aside between quantity and quality of work, the Southern California stations of boulevard brownfield and San Clemente as well as Harlingen would probably be the best quality of life places to live, with things to do for a young single guy.

My two cents

Edit: I see fort Brown is on your list as well. That is also a very desirable station in South Texas, is pretty similar to Harlingen in the sense that it is a smaller line station that doesn't have big stats but there's still work to be had and is near a major metro area, Brownsville, Texas. You are lucky to have some very good stations on this list. Keep in mind all the things that I think are good may not be what suits You. Believe it or not there are people in this world that think sanderson Texas is heaven.

My apologies for any spelling or grammar errors, this was all done by voice text and I didn't really go back and check anything
        Last edited by battlewagon; 12-18-2019, 02:27 PM.
        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Cgrizz
          Cgrizz commented
          Editing a comment
          thank you for that information. do you get locality pay adjustment if you work in California. I know the cost of living is higher there

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

In my opinion San Clemente and Harlingen are hands-down the most desirable stations on that list. however, depending on what you want most desirable doesn't equal most fun. Harlingen is one of the very desirable stations in the Rio grande Valley sector, due to its location and being a good town to live in but also reasonable commuting distance from two other major cities. It's a line station meaning you are patrolling the Border along the river, which is in my opinion the most fun type of work. However Harlingen is long and by far the slowest station in the Rio grande Valley sector, or it was when I left at least. There's still work to be had you won't be sitting on your butt everyday, but I remember they were times where they would apprehend in a week what the busy stations down the road would apprehend in a single shift.

San Clemente is mostly checkpoint work, and while I have no experience there or anywhere in California, I know San Clemente is a desirable station due to being so far inland that you have a ton of great places you can live within a reasonable commute. Boulevard and brownfield are also fairly desirable stations due to their proximity to San Diego.

Some of the Cali guys will have to chime in and maybe people with experience in New Mexico and West Texas. Putting all differences aside between quantity and quality of work, the Southern California stations of boulevard brownfield and San Clemente as well as Harlingen would probably be the best quality of life places to live, with things to do for a young single guy.

My two cents

Edit: I see fort Brown is on your list as well. That is also a very desirable station in South Texas, is pretty similar to Harlingen in the sense that it is a smaller line station that doesn't have big stats but there's still work to be had and is near a major metro area, Brownsville, Texas. You are lucky to have some very good stations on this list. Keep in mind all the things that I think are good may not be what suits You. Believe it or not there are people in this world that think sanderson Texas is heaven.

My apologies for any spelling or grammar errors, this was all done by voice text and I didn't really go back and check anything

thank you for that information. do you get locality pay adjustment if you work in California. I know the cost of living is higher there

Comment

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. I've done the math for guys before who are looking to transfer to California offices with my current agency, and while you do get an increase it's still a net loss compared to the cost of living say Harlingen or Brownsville Texas.

For example I did the math for someone who was a gs-13 considering a spot in Jacksonville and San Francisco. San Francisco has the highest adjusted pay in the US but after accounting for overall tax liability a state and federal, San Francisco agent would net only $7,000 a year more than the Jacksonville Florida agent. and obviously equivalent living conditions between Jacksonville and San Francisco would cost a lot more than seven Grand more a year in SF.

Obviously different variables then your situation, but Texas has no state income tax just like Florida so it's a somewhat relevant comparison. I'm not trying to talk you out of California, but just things to consider

• Cgrizz
          Cgrizz commented
          Editing a comment
          yea I agree. I also want to make the most money and live comfortable so iim leaning more towards Texas. if chose California I would barley make it with a gs 7 salary considering the cost of living

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

San Clemente isn't inland: it's the exact opposite. The station is practically spitting distance from the ocean. What it is, though, is 60 miles north of the border. It's on the boundary between San Diego County and Orange County, and agents who are assigned there rate a slightly higher COLA than other San Diego Sector agents. While they do operate a very large checkpoint that is...occasionally...open, they also do a lot of interdiction and coastal work. What they don't do is traditional field work, i.e. chasing groups on foot or cutting sign. But, living options are exponentially more plentiful because of the location. Commute will likely be based on affordability instead of access.

Boulevard, on the other hand, is 60 miles inland, sitting right near the boundary between San Diego County and Imperial County. I just learned recently that the commute from San Diego proper and El Centro is practically the same. However, I can also say that despite it being the most remote station in sector, every agent I've ever met from there loves it. It's a small station and the work is good (all linewatch/signcutting, no checkpoint). However, the drive to and from work is considerable if you want to live near the population centers.

A couple of years ago, Brown Field would have been the easy choice. The station is currently located within a relatively easy commute from metro San Diego (along with Imperial Beach, Chula Vista, and El Cajon stations), but they'll be moving to a brand new location that's a little bit farther away in the next year or two. Toss in the fact that they operate one of the sector's checkpoints, and the calculus gets a little bit tougher.

Bottom line: if you want to come to San Diego, you have three very different options to choose from.

Comment

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          That's inland in BP terms. The same way corpus Christi is an inland station even though corpus is a city on the beach. Then again you Cali guys call highways 'freeways' and say 'the' before highway numbers, so you guys are a weird bunch.

• RLB4104
          RLB4104 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I'll give you that one.

• I received the call a week ago they informed me my EOD date is Jan 6 fletc Jan 9, had to call back for location in which i left a voicemail picking Sanderson TX. I have not received a call back yet nor email notifying me anything else. Has anyone went through this? Thanks for the help.

Comment

• ArchStanton
          ArchStanton commented
          Editing a comment
          See ya in Artesia, I EOD same day in McAllen. You should receive email and direct call from station with more information shortly.

• FerrerRodriguez
          FerrerRodriguez commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome ArchStanton, see u there.

• Currently in the process for the Border Patrol Agent Position.
        UPDATE

Pre-Offer 12/2/19
        EQIP 12/9/19
        Medical Exam 12/9/19
        Structured Interview 12/19/19
        --------------------------------------
        Background Investigation:
        In Process
        Drug: In Process
        Fitness Exam: Pending
        Polygraph Exam: Pending
        Final Offer: Pending

Does anyone have any idea of when my background will clear ? Also any idea of when ill be scheduled for my fitness and polygraph ?

Comment

• Anyone with EOD date Jan 7 fletc Jan 9 or station at Sanderson Texas??

Comment

• Originally posted by Breely23 View Post
            Currently in the process for the Border Patrol Agent Position.
            UPDATE

Pre-Offer 12/2/19
            EQIP 12/9/19
            Medical Exam 12/9/19
            Structured Interview 12/19/19
            Background Investigation:
            In Process
            Drug: In Process
            Fitness Exam: Pending
            Polygraph Exam: Pending
            Final Offer: Pending

Does anyone have any idea of when my background will clear ? Also any idea of when ill be scheduled for my fitness and polygraph ?
            UPDATE

My EQIP is currently being reviewed again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9112 users online. 240 members and 8872 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X