Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just passed my drug test, passed everything else just all I have left is the background check, anyone knows roughly how long it would take to get a provisional clearance?

Comment

• To be honest I have no idea, I’m in the same boat with you. But I haven’t done my drug test yet. All I have is the background and drug test. And I don’t know or understand how the background is done with the Provisional clear

Comment

• Good afternoon everyone I got an email on Friday stating they have mailed the fingerprint card for me to complete it and send it mail it back, when I did my Structured Interview they took my fingerprints. They also gave me due date of 11/25/2019 I sent an email to my case worker and she replied saying that they only give 10 days to complete the fingerprint packet Is this normal? It doesn’t give enough time for me to receive the packet and mail it back.
        Last edited by RGVmore; 11-19-2019, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• TylerH5811
          TylerH5811 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just happened to me a couple weeks ago. They send it certified mail so I got it In two days. I went to a small local police department and got it done and sent it back certified mail. Then sent an email to my case worker stating that I sent it and attached the tracking number which showed arrival prior to the due date.

• TylerH5811 Then I will keep a watch on it and I’ll send it certified thank you.

Comment

• RGVmore TylerH5811 are you guys in the process for BPA? And Where are you on the applicant process?

Comment

• TylerH5811
            TylerH5811 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, applied July. Had to do some extra medical BS so I’m still waiting for that to clear. Then drug test and background. Took my poly September 30th.

• Ebbo1227 Yes I am in the BPA hiring process am just waiting for the BI and Drug test. I passed the polygraph back in July.

Comment

• RGVmore TylerH5811 I’m in my Background phase too, then drug test

Comment

• DJ9
              DJ9 commented
              Editing a comment
              Don’t feel discouraged. I waited an additional month and a half for medical, so I feel your situation. Keep your head up and stay fit and focused. Your time will come soon enough.

• Crtz530
              Crtz530 commented
              Editing a comment
              I got my Eod date and my station and just met with my BI Yesterday, so just waiting now lol

• DJ9
              DJ9 commented
              Editing a comment
              You must have a provisional clearance then. Consider yourself lucky. It’s both a blessing and a curse I heard. Should they find something in your background that deems you unsuitable, they will pull you from the academy. Which station did you go with and why?
              Last edited by DJ9; 11-22-2019, 01:35 AM.

• Ebbo1227
              Ebbo1227 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have a Provisional clear too, I met with my investigator I believe on the 29th of October I think, and I have heard anything since. I think with the Provisional clear I should have heard something by now but I haven’t so I’m confuse on how the background works with the Provisional clear

• Good morning, so I did not receive the fingerprint packet and my due date is by 11/25/2019 I've tried to contact my case manager by email and voice mail and there is no answer from her, the local PD fingerprinting here are closed for the weekends. is there anything else that I could do ?

Comment

• TylerH5811
              TylerH5811 commented
              Editing a comment
              All I can say is try again on Monday and get your cards done and sent ASAP.

• Hey guys I created a GroupMe for applicants. I’ll post the link if y’all want to join. I thought it would be beneficial for us as applicants to get faster response times on questions or issues, share information, get help in the process and to build community since we may end up serving together. Anyway thought it would be a good idea.

https://groupme.com/join_group/55948342/Y5FyeNnl

Comment

• TylerH5811 Yea I guess I can only wait.

Comment

• Alright guys I got the call Friday. Got a bunch of poop offered lol. I am staying in Texas. Here’s what I got.

Del Rio
                Comstock
                Sanderson
                Presidio
                Marfa

Lady I spoke with said they may get more locations Monday morning when I call back. And they only have 1 spot in Del Rio which would be my first choice. Second Choice is Comstock since it’s on the other side of the lake from Del Rio.

Any input on these stations?

Comment

• battlewagon
                  battlewagon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did you only express interest in West Texas?

• TylerH5811
                  TylerH5811 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nope that’s all they had available. In addition to Lordsburg, NM and a couple in CA.

• TylerH5811 congrats man, I have a question. Did you do your drug test first while waiting for your background to check?

I am on my background since oct 28th when I met with my background investigator, and I haven’t heard anything since, I haven’t heard anything regarding my drug test either.

Comment

• TylerH5811
                  TylerH5811 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Honestly I have no clue. Never met or spoke with an investigator. Then all of a sudden I get a call to take a drug test. Did that then two days later I get a call with an offer. And my Cass still has both of those as in progress.

• Good afternoon.
                I got my EOD on February 10. Picking Comstock. Anyone el picked that location or close to it. Feel free to contact PM.

Comment

• TylerH5811
                  TylerH5811 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I picked Comstock and EOD the same day as you

• I EOD 1/6/20 in McAllen. Any input or recommendations on what area to house hunt in/school districts is appreciated. Taking family of six with me from San Antonio.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12288 users online. 443 members and 11845 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X