Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also got this e-mail this afternoon. I'm assuming it is just a generic one, correct?

"CBP is excited for your interest in a Border Patrol Agent career. CBP is looking for individuals dedicated and committed to help us carry out our mission. We thank you for your interest and are sure you will find your future career with CBP rewarding.

In order to ensure we are providing you with the assistance and support you need during the application process, we have CBP customer service staff available to answer any questions you may have about your application process or about your future career with CBP. You may reach CBP by email [email protected]dhs.gov or contact CBP by phone at (855) 500-3722.

Please note we are currently upgrading our communication technology and if you choose to contact the CBP Applicant Contact Center by phone you may receive a delay in response. But be assured if you leave a message we will return your call in the order in which it was received."

Comment

• DJ9
      DJ9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. I received the same one last week.

• What's up everyone,
    Just began the hiring process for BPA, 20-1. Much appreciated to all the info in this thread, its been a huge help. The following is my timeline so far:

10/10/2019 - Applied
    10/17/2019 - Selected
    10/21/2019 - E-Qip email notification
    10/21/2019 - Structured interview Scheduled (Automatically)
    11/05/2019 - Last day to send in medical screening (SHPE for transitioning vets)

Just wanted to let all the homies know it's possible to get in this process while still Active Duty Military. 350 days left... Anyone know how flexible these offices are with scheduling PT tests and poly? I have to fly from Europe to attend this interview, and would really like to check all the in-person tasks off the App checklist with one trip (+- 3 wks). Its a long-shot, I know, but I'm hopeful.

Comment

• Sapper92
      Sapper92 commented
      Editing a comment
      Answered my own question. Different offices handle each different piece of the process. There isn't any coordination that I know of. Zero frustration here, I have time. They did let me know that AD Military can place their status on hold while overseas. It's really hard to keep looking at other agencies when this one is already so easy to work with.

• Good morning all,

I received my offer with an EOD of 9 March 2020.

The following were offered:

Wellton, AZ
    Yuma, AZ

Laredo, TX
    Marfa, TX
    Presidio, TX
    Alpine, TX
    Sanderson, TX
    Van Horn, TX
    Sierra Blanca, TX

Lordsburg, NM

Calexico, CA
    Brown Field, CA
    El Cajon, CA

Any input for locations would be greatly appreciated. I'm not too worried about the aspects of the job at each location. I would like a location for my family. Specifically, looking for a location with amenities, good neighborhoods, education, health. I'll shovel **** as long as the family is happy.

Thank you for your input.

CBP were very flexible with finding a EOD with more available locations. They offered 9 January 2020, 6 February 2020, 10 February 2020. There appeared to be a EOD every two weeks in 2020.

Comment

• Are you single without kids? Or are you married and your wife makes good money? If so take El Cajon, hands down. Most of the places on that list suck. If you can't afford El Cajon/SDC, then the next sector, that is affordable, is Yuma. But be forewarned, it is hot as hell in the summer. I wouldn't take anything in NM or TX on that list.
      Last edited by SHU; 10-22-2019, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Scrabulous
        Scrabulous commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm married with kids and my wife is a school teacher. Thanks for the information.

• Sapper92
        Sapper92 commented
        Editing a comment
        If I were in your shoes, I'd go El Cajon - just like SHU mentioned. (Might be because his photo is literally a San Diego character) Cost of living is high out there, but the more you are willing to commute, the better it gets. Can't beat the location for outside work activities. Most other places on that list are pretty plain. Working out of El Cajon, you could live near beach, desert, mountains, or city with the same amount of commute. The ideal place for the indecisive. Teachers have a lot of options, and I've known a few teacher + LE couples out there who live well.

• Alright I’ve been a lurker on this thread for over a year now, applied for BPA Direct Hire announcement 18-10. I just received my final offer last week and have an EOD of March 23rd. I have 3 years in the BOP but because I applied over a year ago will be starting as a 7 even though I’m eligible for the 9 now. It’s too late to change my selection but I wanted to ask some of the regulars on the board how I made out as far as duty station goes? I selected Uvalde, TX and was offered the following:

Laredo, TX
      Freer, TX
      Comstock, TX
      Del Rio, TX
      Brackketville, TX
      Uvalde, TX
      Marfa, TX
      Presidio, TX
      Alpine, TX
      Sanderson, TX
      Van Horn, TX
      Sierra Blanca, TX

Landburg, NM
      Demming, NM

My apologies if any of the above towns are misspelled. I was told there were spots open for Cali too but as I am from CT I didn’t even bother asking as I don’t want to go from one liberal stronghold to another.

Just curious how some veteran contributors would have chosen from the list above.

Thanks Guys!
      Last edited by DRohn167; 10-24-2019, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Scrabulous
        Scrabulous commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations! I EOD 9 March 2020. Ulvade, TX, is approximately 1.5 hours from San Antonio, TX. I wanted Laredo, TX, but it was taken by the time I called back with my decision. I’ll be stationed at Yuma, AZ.

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        Uvalde would have been my pick as well simply for location. I can't comment on the work, morale, etc there. But with an hour commute you can live reasonably close to San An or even in the city limits outskirts or around the lackland afb area.

Uvalde must need quite a few bodies, it's been offered for quite some time to guys I have walked through the hiring process.

Congrats

• DRohn167
        DRohn167 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys! Yeah I’ve been pretty set on relocating to Texas since the beginning of the process and after doing my research Uvalde seemed to be best suited for me to start. I like that it’s close enough to both San Antonio and Austin to make weekend trips and that the post is desirable enough that down the road should I want to post for a swap I may be able to do so. My second choice was likely going to be Sierra Blanca due to it’s proximity to El Paso. One of my co workers was formally a BPA for 3 years at Santa Teresa, NM and said that was a sweet sector to work at, and El Paso is a good place to live.

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        Swaps have been gone for a few years after a brief reappearance. Would be tough for them to come back because the union wants paid moves, which they got, even though plenty of agents would gladly do unpaid move swaps.
        But the problem was agents were the reason the agency didn't want to keep doing them, PAs making a mess of the system, bailing on agreed to swaps, wasting agency MSS man hours and screwing other agents over.

But yes, if swaps did come back around, it would be a good ticket to be holding.

• Just out of curiosity why doesn’t anyone recommend Alpine,TX? Seems like it would be nice to live out in Big Bend country. I’ve heard that Presidio next door new agents are getting horse or atv right out of the gate? Wonder if Alpine is the same if that’s true since it seems no one goes to these stations.

Comment

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        It takes a very specific type of person to want to live in West Texas in those rural places. That's why. A job isn't worth living in a place as extreme as west Texas for most people. My current agency has an office in Presidio, and if they forced me to move there through our mobility agreement, I would resign on the spot.

Those stations, Sanderson, Presidio, Big Bend, and others will always be hard to fill for the patrol, and hard to retain people who do fill the spots just to get the job and get a foot in the door.

• Good morning everyone, I am currently in the Border Patrol Agent process. I met with my background investigator two days ago. Anyone have an idea how long it might take to hear something back? Or what might affect the result from being suitable? Thank you.

Comment

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ebbo1227 I’m in the background phase for CBP for two months and I have not heard anything back yet. I first met with her back late August and she came to my job and met with my reference early September. I heard it can be anywhere from 2-10 months on background to clear. Each applicant is different.

• Even if you sign and agree to go into the Academy under the Provisional Clear? I thought that allows you to go into the academy while they doing all of the interior background investigation?

Comment

• Good morning, im confuse on this topic for the Border Patrol Agent applicant. Do anyone know how the Provisional clear form plays a role in the background process?

Comment

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          What do you mean? It doesn't have an effect on how the BI is conducted, if that's what you're asking. It just allows you to go to the academy before it is fully completed.

• battlewagon yea I meant even with the Provisional clear It might still take months to get it check on CASS to go the academy, I thought the whole point of Provisional clear is so the applicants can go to the academy while they do the full background check, so we wouldn’t have to wait months and months to get a check on the background before we can go to the academy.?

Comment

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm sorry if I'm not getting it but everything you're saying is correct, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. It sounds like you may be getting hung up on whether or not you have a check mark on CASS. Don't worry about CASS check marks. If you're saying you're concern about the provisional taking months, thinking it should be faster, that's not unusual at all and the processing time varies. It very well could be months, there's no way of telling.

• battlewagon im sorry I didn’t know how to word my question but, yea You answered my question. Thank you sir.

Comment

• Alright I originally applied with 20-1 VRA. Just reapplied with 20-2 VRA since they got rid of GL5 in this most recent announcement. Anyway my timeline is as follows so far:

10/30/19: Applied to 20-1 VRA
          10/31/19: Online assessment completed
          11/4/19: Exam completed
          11/5/19: Reapplied to 20-2 VRA, received email notification that my online assessment and exam have been transferred over from 20-1 to 20-2, and that I should be expecting my NOR here in the next 2-3 weeks (expecting NOR in the next few days according to timelines I've seen on here)

Anyway a few questions just to get ahead of all this stuff. I don't meet the eyesight requirements (vision and color vision) but I did complete the Army's Airborne color vision test (essentially just showing me red and green pages and asking me to identify them), and I have successfully served in the infantry with my vision. I was wondering if I should be prepared to use my military medical records, prepared to apply for a waiver, or both. Also I'm seeing that the Border Patrol is trying to speed up their application times with streamlined BI through the DOD and a new poly. Anybody seen this actually happen or is it just a rumor?

Comment

• Sapper92
            Sapper92 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm only a little further in the process than you, but I can tell you that CBP will request your pre-separation physical - the 2807-1 and 2808 in lieu of a physical scheduled by them. They'll ask you to redact certain portions off of your physical, but they will require the following for eyesight:

Q66: Color Vision - Results as a "pass" or "fail" and the number of correct plates out of plates tested.
            Q67: Depth Perception - Results reported in "seconds of arc"

So I'd check your most recent physical and see if these say what they need to.

• gbochatt
            gbochatt commented
            Editing a comment
            Do I just go to my clinic to get a copy of that? I know for a fact that I failed the Ishihara and the Farnsworth, but I did pass the standard for the infantry and for Airborne. As for the depth perception, I passed that as far as I'm aware, although I don't know what "seconds of arc" I am.

• TylerH5811
            TylerH5811 commented
            Editing a comment
            They requested all my VA records and I also had to do a full psych eval out of pocket. I would go ahead and have copies of everything ready so if they request it you can send it. They wanted everything emailed so I had to scan everything into a PDF. I’ve probably spent around $1500 trying to get this damn job
            Last edited by TylerH5811; 11-06-2019, 07:48 PM.

• Hey everyone, I am in the process for BPA DH 19-9, I think it is going pretty fast because I'm just waiting for the Background and results of drug test. What comes next after passing everything but the background check? I am currently working for the DHS as a contractor and had to do an E-QIP for this job back in June, does anyone know if they could use that or would they have to start fresh off my submitted E-QIP for CBP?

Applied 27 June 2019
          Completed EQIP
          Medical Exam completed 15 July 2019 with color vision waiver, Farnsworth 15 test from a local optometrist
          Fitness Test Completed 24 July 2019
          Structured Interview Pass 26 July 2019
          Polygraph 29 Oct 2019 got a verbal pass but did not receive an e-mail or phone call about pass but on CBP APP Green check and Polygraph PASS
          Drug Test taken 05 November just waiting on the pass for the drug test
          Wating on Background Check

Comment

• I have completed the whole process except the drug test and i take that tomorrow. any one know of a expected time frame that i should be receiving the call?

Comment

• Scrabulous
              Scrabulous commented
              Editing a comment
              Reach out via e-mail to whoever is handling your application. Ask them if they would like you to e-mail a scanned copy of the drug testing receipt. I did this and they responded to send them a scan copy in order to expedite the test results. I took my drug test on 8 Oct and I received a call on 21 Oct.

• Jgonz383
              Jgonz383 commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe a day or 2 that’s how it was for me. I’m actually about to graduate in 2 weeks also.

• Originally posted by Cgrizz View Post
            I have completed the whole process except the drug test and i take that tomorrow. any one know of a expected time frame that i should be receiving the call?

Thanks guys. How was the academy?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14206 users online. 467 members and 13739 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X