Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buck_Macdonald
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2017

While watching some of the intro vids to the CBP stuff I'm watching them jog like 4-5 miles and doing hundreds of crunches and push-ups all in one go.

Is there any chance I'll get booted from the academy? I consider myself to be in better shape then the random civvie but it ways heavy on my mind that I spent close to 12 months through the entire process only to get booted for not being like some of these younger guys who can do a 2 mile sprint and then 100 push-ups and 100 sit-ups without breaking a sweat...

for reference I've found to graduate, trainees must successfully meet the following Fitness Graduation Standards:
    220 yard run in 45 seconds or less; 24 or more push-ups in one minute; and completion of a 1.5 mile run in 15 minutes or less.

But no minimum standards that Trainees must meet to start out with or meet on a monthly/Bi monthly basis like National Guard. All I've found is that you need to meet the standards by graduations and to have passed the PFT1 during the hiring process.
    Last edited by Buck_Macdonald; 10-11-2019, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• battlewagon
      battlewagon commented
      Editing a comment
      The only way you can be booted is if you quit. There will undoubtedly be extremely overweight people in your class. Remember, the PFT2 now is either not administered at all or is participation, you can't fail.

You will definitely have 8:30 1.5 mile studs in your class, and you will have people dying during the warmups. As long as you pass the standards on the tests that matter, otherwise, you can't be removed unless you quit. And by quit I mean you actually say "I quit" or you figuratively quit by refusing to train.

• Exbpa340
      Exbpa340 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just an FYI... my son is currently at the academy and supposedly you can get sent to the med shed if you reach muscle failure (or for any injury). Ten med shed visits and you’re gone.

• SHU
      SHU commented
      Editing a comment
      You can fail to complete just about everything in PT (except staking drills) but pass the final PT test and graduate. Or at least that was the case when I went through it but that was over a decade ago.

If you fail to keep up during PT you will be singled out and humiliated on a daily basis. It ain't pretty. PT can be a stress reduction class or stress overload on you. Your level of fitness will determine which it is for you. Don't worry about what anyone else can do. You only need to worry about what you need to do.

• Jgonz383
      Jgonz383 commented
      Editing a comment
      Buck_Macdonald I’m about to graduate the academy and one thing I’ll tell you is that if you get hurt to the point where you’ll miss days of training you’ll get recycled. And to pass the 1 1/2 mile it’s 13:00 and under. 13:01 is failing. Had a guy in my class who started out at a 21 min mile and a half and passed it at 12 min during the final.
  • Ebbo1227
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2017

Good Morning, everyone, I am going through the hiring process of Border Patrol Agent. I received an email from my polygraph examiner this past Friday that quality control passes my polygraph and it also updated on CASS that I pass the polygraph. The last two process left for me on CASS is the Background and Drug. I signed the Provisional Clear, My question is how does that process work with the background investigation?
    Do they just run a quick background to get it checked on CASS to enter the Academy, while they run the full background check? or Do the full background has to be run before we can go to the Academy? Because from my understanding the Provisional Clear lets you get hired quicker.
    The whole background and the Provisional Clear process confuses me, Thank you

Comment

• battlewagon
      Los Feds
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Ebbo1227
      Good Morning, everyone, I am going through the hiring process of Border Patrol Agent. I received an email from my polygraph examiner this past Friday that quality control passes my polygraph and it also updated on CASS that I pass the polygraph. The last two process left for me on CASS is the Background and Drug. I signed the Provisional Clear, My question is how does that process work with the background investigation?
      Do they just run a quick background to get it checked on CASS to enter the Academy, while they run the full background check? or Do the full background has to be run before we can go to the Academy? Because from my understanding the Provisional Clear lets you get hired quicker.
      The whole background and the Provisional Clear process confuses me, Thank you
      I don't know if the provisional shows as checked in CASS but to answer your question, yes, they do a preliminary sort of background. If they feel like you most likely will have a favorably adjudicated BI based on what they see, they issue the preliminary and you are eligible to be hired, EOD, and go to academy. It is indeed faster, as the full BI can take a while, so they let finish it up while you're at the academy, hopefully.

Once you complete your drug test, a call is likely around the near corner. Good luck.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Ebbo1227
        Ebbo1227 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. Do you have an idea how long it might take to hear from my investigator from when I received the email that I passed the polygraph which was October 11?
        Thank you.

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ebbo1227 for me since I’m in the process for CBPO about a month. They will first email to re-certify your e-qip and then you will will get contacted by your background investigator.

• Gh3isT
        Gh3isT commented
        Editing a comment
        Almost at the finish line. I'm in the same boat. Just received my official email stating I passed the poly and CASS updated to 63% yesterday.
    • Ebbo1227
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2017

On my BPA CASS App went back to 50% from 63%. My e-QIP went from saying completed with a check back to in progress. Anyone knows if this is normal?
      Last edited by Ebbo1227; 10-17-2019, 04:33 AM.

Comment

• Scrabulous
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2019

Good day all. As of yesterday, 16 Oct 19, I completed and passed all the steps for BPA VRA GL9 19-11. It was a very speedy process. I am waiting for my BPA PFT-1 results to reflect in my application status and hopefully a call with an offer soon.

Here's my timeline:

27 Aug 19 - Applied
        4 Sep 19 - Received selection notification
        10 Sep 19 - Submitted polygraph waiver request
        17 Sep 19 - Structured interview and fingerprinted
        21 Sep 19 - Submitted e-QIP (previously kicked back twice for minor corrections)
        24 Sep 19 - Received notification e-QIP submitted to OPR
        24 Sep 19 - Received approved polygraph waiver request
        24 Sep 19 - Medical screening
        8 Oct 19 - Drug Screening
        16 Oct 19 - PFT-1

When I received notification my e-QIP was submitted to OPR on 24 Sep 19, approximately two days later, 26 Sep 19, my application status showed my Background Investigation as completed: "You were found suitable for employment with CBP". I DID NOT elect to EOD under a provisional clear status. I currently hold a TS/SCI with the Air Force. My clearance was renewed and adjudicated in the beginning of 2019. Is CBP still conducting my BI? Will I wait a bit to receive a call for an offer?

Thank you. Any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out.

Comment

• showtime15
          showtime15 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had the same thing happen with the background investigation - I too hold an active TS/SCI from the Air Force. Took a bit longer for me to get the green check mark, but they only ran my credit - never did a full investigation. I EOD to OFO in 2 months.

• Scrabulous
          Scrabulous commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the information.

I’m in the process with CPBO VRA GS9 20-1. I have to schedule the PFT-1. I’m surprised the BPA PFT-1 doesn’t carry over to the CBPO. Smh.
      • RGVmore
        Forum Member
        • Sep 2019

Good afternoon everyone I have received an email from IA HQ-Contractors which states this:

During the course of
        your background investigation, derogatory information was identified. This letter notifies you
        that we propose to find you ineligible for employment in a National Security Position and/or
        unsuitable for Federal employment. Based on this determination, CBP proposes to withdraw its
        tentative offer of employment.

Before a final decision is rendered, you are afforded the opportunity to provide a written
        response that explains, refutes, clarifies, and/or mitigates the information that has raised a
        question as to your eligibility for employment in a National Security Position and/or Suitability
        for Federal employment. Any written reply to this proposal must be received by the addressee
        listed below no later than 15 calendar days after the date of this letter. Your reply may include
        documentation and/or affidavits in support of your explanation. If you fail to respond to this
        letter within the allotted time or fail to comply with the instructions as stated herein, a final
        determination as to your eligibility for employment in a National Security Position and/or
        Suitability for Federal employment will be made based on the information available.

The information that I am supposed to provide is in regards to relatives that are illegally in the U.S., according to the email I am supposed to provide information as to what contact do I have with them as well why was i terminated from a previous job i had almost 5 years ago. I have not met with the BI, do any of you guys know if I will be taken off the BPA Application process because I have relatives that are illegally here ? Anyone familiar with this type of email? Or do I still have a chance continuing with the process? any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          The previous job thing isn't a huge issue as long as you're upfront about it. The relatives who are illegally here will most likely be what makes you unsuitable. If this was for any other position, and you weren't enforcing immigration laws, depending on your answers it could be adjudicated.

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          You can't be held accountable for your third cousin who is here illegally who lives three states over. End of the day no one here can answer your question, reply and see what happens
      • RGVmore
        Forum Member
        • Sep 2019

Levithane, battlewagon thank you all for your insight, hopefully I pass the BI and am given a chance.

Comment

• Scrabulous
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2019

Since CBP is adopting Glock 47, has the academy started training with the new Glock? Will the academy issue agents with the duty Glock at graduation or will it be issued in the field?

Comment

• Klumper23
            Klumper23 commented
            Editing a comment
            It is not at the academy yet. From what I have heard (which is just from the rumor mill) is that the northern border will start to receive the new glocks in January and it will trickle down to the southern border.
        • RGVmore
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2019

Good afternoon everyone So I responded to the email I received last Thursday from IA HQ-Contractors in regards to the NOPA, and they said they will respond me as soon as possible with a final decision, but today I received an email stating i have been assigned another case manager and requesting me to re certify my E-qip. Has this happened to anyone? Does it mean I continue with the hiring process? or should I still wait an email from NOPA?

Comment

• Ebbo1227
            Ebbo1227 commented
            Editing a comment
            I also received an email last week that due to internal office organizational changes the HR professional currently working on my background investigation paperwork has changed. And they asked me to recertify my e-QIP., I did that last week Thursday and I submit it.
        • Scrabulous
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2019

I received a voicemail at 12:59 this afternoon with a final offer of employment. I received an e-mail as well. Waiting on a return call to find out offered locations.

Comment

• Gh3isT
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2018

I know this question has been beaten to death, I will admit am lazy to browse through the 600+ pages, so figured I would ask away. How long after getting confirmation on passing poly do you scheduled for the drug test? Or is it just hurry up and wait again? Just anxious is all. Thanks in advance for answering this question probably for the 1000th time.

Comment

• Gh3isT
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2018

I also got this e-mail this afternoon. I'm assuming it is just a generic one, correct?

"CBP is excited for your interest in a Border Patrol Agent career. CBP is looking for individuals dedicated and committed to help us carry out our mission. We thank you for your interest and are sure you will find your future career with CBP rewarding.

In order to ensure we are providing you with the assistance and support you need during the application process, we have CBP customer service staff available to answer any questions you may have about your application process or about your future career with CBP. You may reach CBP by email CBPApplicantContactCenter@cbp.dhs.gov or contact CBP by phone at (855) 500-3722.

Please note we are currently upgrading our communication technology and if you choose to contact the CBP Applicant Contact Center by phone you may receive a delay in response. But be assured if you leave a message we will return your call in the order in which it was received."

Comment

• DJ9
                DJ9 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes. I received the same one last week.
            • Sapper92
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2019

What's up everyone,
              Just began the hiring process for BPA, 20-1. Much appreciated to all the info in this thread, its been a huge help. The following is my timeline so far:

10/10/2019 - Applied
              10/17/2019 - Selected
              10/21/2019 - E-Qip email notification
              10/21/2019 - Structured interview Scheduled (Automatically)
              11/05/2019 - Last day to send in medical screening (SHPE for transitioning vets)

Just wanted to let all the homies know it's possible to get in this process while still Active Duty Military. 350 days left... Anyone know how flexible these offices are with scheduling PT tests and poly? I have to fly from Europe to attend this interview, and would really like to check all the in-person tasks off the App checklist with one trip (+- 3 wks). Its a long-shot, I know, but I'm hopeful.

Comment

• Sapper92
                Sapper92 commented
                Editing a comment
                Answered my own question. Different offices handle each different piece of the process. There isn't any coordination that I know of. Zero frustration here, I have time. They did let me know that AD Military can place their status on hold while overseas. It's really hard to keep looking at other agencies when this one is already so easy to work with.
            • Scrabulous
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2019

Good morning all,

I received my offer with an EOD of 9 March 2020.

The following were offered:

Wellton, AZ
              Yuma, AZ

Laredo, TX
              Marfa, TX
              Presidio, TX
              Alpine, TX
              Sanderson, TX
              Van Horn, TX
              Sierra Blanca, TX

Lordsburg, NM

Calexico, CA
              Brown Field, CA
              El Cajon, CA

Any input for locations would be greatly appreciated. I'm not too worried about the aspects of the job at each location. I would like a location for my family. Specifically, looking for a location with amenities, good neighborhoods, education, health. I'll shovel **** as long as the family is happy.

Thank you for your input.

CBP were very flexible with finding a EOD with more available locations. They offered 9 January 2020, 6 February 2020, 10 February 2020. There appeared to be a EOD every two weeks in 2020.

Comment

• SHU
                Grumpy
                • Jul 2005

Are you single without kids? Or are you married and your wife makes good money? If so take El Cajon, hands down. Most of the places on that list suck. If you can't afford El Cajon/SDC, then the next sector, that is affordable, is Yuma. But be forewarned, it is hot as hell in the summer. I wouldn't take anything in NM or TX on that list.
                Last edited by SHU; 10-22-2019, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Scrabulous
                  Scrabulous commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm married with kids and my wife is a school teacher. Thanks for the information.

• Sapper92
                  Sapper92 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If I were in your shoes, I'd go El Cajon - just like SHU mentioned. (Might be because his photo is literally a San Diego character) Cost of living is high out there, but the more you are willing to commute, the better it gets. Can't beat the location for outside work activities. Most other places on that list are pretty plain. Working out of El Cajon, you could live near beach, desert, mountains, or city with the same amount of commute. The ideal place for the indecisive. Teachers have a lot of options, and I've known a few teacher + LE couples out there who live well.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11890 users online. 66 members and 11824 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...