Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just received a call to have a second meeting with my BI. Is this common or should I be worried I accidentally left something out or something?

Comment

• Rmodel1965
      Rmodel1965 commented
      Editing a comment
      Might just be to clarify something

• Originally posted by Lindsey Porter View Post
    I just received a call to have a second meeting with my BI. Is this common or should I be worried I accidentally left something out or something?
    All applicants will meet with their BI at least once. It is apart of the process
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Good Morning, I applied for BPA on March 23rd. Out of Houston, TX. I passed my SI April 30. But I haven't heard anything since. Do anyone knows if that's normal to take that long for the next phase?

I have Background and Drug Test on CASS "in progress" and Polygraph "pending". Thank you.

Comment

Comment

• Does anyone know what the average paycheck for a GL-9 is in the academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Klumper23 View Post
            Does anyone know what the average paycheck for a GL-9 is in the academy?
            25.47 is the hourly rate for a GL-9/1 for RUS pay. If you're going to Cali or something, it will be more as you still get your locality pay increase despite not living/working in that location at that time.

Academy is flat 80 hour pay periods for the most part, so 25.47 x 80 is 2037.60 pre tax and pre everything.

If there's one piece of advice every current agent or gov employee will agree on, it is set your TSP at 10% when you are at sector doing your EOD paperwork. If this is a pay raise for you from your current job, set it higher. There is nothing stupider than leaving your TSP at 1-5% and then forgetting to increase it until you remember six years later.

honor first

Comment

• Ohio1994
              Ohio1994 commented
              Editing a comment
              What’s the hourly break down for GL-5 at the academy

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              Amen to that. Currently the pension is only about 34 percent of the average of your three highest earning years. Abundantly invest in (max-out) your TSP. You will thank yourself later in life when you have enough to retire without having to get another job. Those years go by super fast. Twelve years ago seems like yesterday for me. Then I look forward and think, Wow (Christopher Walken voice) I only have 8 years to go!

• Exbpa340
              Exbpa340 commented
              Editing a comment
              34 percent at 20 years. One can work longer (and/or buy back any active duty military time) to add to that percentage. Plus you have the FERS Supplemental (a percentage of SS paid at retirement age until age 62). Plus TSP. Some places may have a better pension percentage but overall FERS Covered retirement is not bad especially when you figure in the Supplemental and TSP.

• What’s the holiday schedule like when at the academy? I’ll be there during Thanksgiving and Christmas, do we just keep on working right through it or what?

Comment

• Srhernza115
              Srhernza115 commented
              Editing a comment
              No you do not. I am currently at the academy and we got 4th of July off but went back the next day.

• Originally posted by Ohio1994 View Post
            What’s the holiday schedule like when at the academy? I’ll be there during Thanksgiving and Christmas, do we just keep on working right through it or what?
            It's fed holidays off. SOMETIMES and I mean rarely, if Christmas falls on a Thursday for example, they'll have an admin day the Friday. But the they never tell you far enough in advance if you're going to get it to make plans. So bet on just fed holidays and nothing more.

honor first

Comment

• I was on the Customs and Border Patrol website and according to this info

(*BPA applicants applying to announcements 17-3 and later will no longer be required to obtain a passing score, only participation in the test will be required. BPA applicants who applied to announcements prior to 17-3 will be required to take and pass the PFT-2 in order to have continued employment consideration.*)

Am I reading and understanding this right? That like you can just literally show up and do the bare minimum and become a Border Patrol Agent??? Like PFT1 was basically nothing, are they really not concerned with the actual physical fitness of their agents???

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck_Macdonald View Post
                I was on the Customs and Border Patrol website and according to this info

(*BPA applicants applying to announcements 17-3 and later will no longer be required to obtain a passing score, only participation in the test will be required. BPA applicants who applied to announcements prior to 17-3 will be required to take and pass the PFT-2 in order to have continued employment consideration.*)

Am I reading and understanding this right? That like you can just literally show up and do the bare minimum and become a Border Patrol Agent??? Like PFT1 was basically nothing, are they really not concerned with the actual physical fitness of their agents???
                PFT1 is pass or fail. The thing you are reading is in reference to PFT2; it is now no longer pass or fail. As long as you show up and participate, you go to the academy. Those who 'fail' it (at least by the old pass/fail standards) will be straightened out and fixed in the Academy or sent home then.

honor first

Comment

• Lovetocamp
                  Lovetocamp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's so stupid, I thought it was a good idea to reinstate the PFT-2 because we had so many PT failures at our academy. One dude showed up weighing 270lbs. Holy ****, such a waste of money.

• battlewagon
                  battlewagon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just came down to numbers. CBP poly had a 79.8% fail or declination rate in 2017. Then, the few who passed that, about 20%, 50% of those were failing the PFT2. Basically leading to the 133 applicants to make one agent statistic. Guess they figured they can beat you into shape 6 months.

• Radio Raheem
                  Radio Raheem commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Was it a Goldberg 270lbs or a Rakishi 270lbs?

• Trying to plan financially for the time between my last check from my current job and my first check with bp so I don’t miss any payments on my bills. How long do you wait for a check when you get hired? My current job was basically a month before I got paid, figure it works the same with them.

Comment

• Lovetocamp
                  Lovetocamp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nothing close to that. You'll get paid depending on when you start the pay period.

Right now we are on PP14 and pay day is Friday 26th or Monday 29th depending on your bank. And its every 2 weeks for a new pay period.

So if you come in halfway through PP15 you'll get a check at the end of that pay period for 1 week of work. Longest you will wait is 2 weeks for that first pay check to come thru.

• If you passed your poly, how long will you have to wait to go to Academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by MadameAshley View Post
                  If you passed your poly, how long will you have to wait to go to Academy?
                  There will be a few follow up steps after (if you haven't already done them), urine drug test, etc. But the poly is the last major step, unless you have medical pending, but you shouldn't if you did the poly. So I'd expect a call imminently.

honor first

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11617 users online. 458 members and 11159 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X