Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else have a FLETC date of Aug 15 2019?

Comment

• RichieFL
      RichieFL commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll be there a month behind you -- I'll see you there!

good luck

• Mgonzo
      Mgonzo commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey!
      I also have Aug 15, 2019 as my academy date.
      What station did you choose?

• Klumper23
      Klumper23 commented
      Editing a comment
      I selected the Brian A Terry Station in Bisbee, AZ

• Applied February of this year. Just accepted McAllen, TX; EOD 1/6/2020. Initially offered EOD of September this year but they had no issue pushing back to January upon request. FLETC 1/9/2020. Moving from San Antonio to McAllen with at least four kids and a wife. Any tips or suggestions more than welcome.

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!! Hopefully some other kats here can help you with the family and move part. I've remained single and can't help ya there. :P

• Anyone know that is familiar with the hiring process know if you have to submit your original birth certificate at any point during the hiring process? Currently have to to do it for another agency and don't wanna be screwed if it comes up that I need to send it to them and its with another agency.
    USPIS:
    Applied: 09/2018
    First Test: 09/2018
    SF-86 Submitted: 10/2018
    Second Test/IE Exchange: 12/2018
    AC: 03/2019

CBP:
    Applied: 04/10/2019
    Entry Exam: 04/17/2019
    Exam NOR: 04/19/2019
    NOR for referral: 05/02/2019

Comment

• battlewagon
      battlewagon commented
      Editing a comment
      Not for BP unless they request it for some reason during your BI. But never heard of that for an applicant and didn't for me or anyone in my class that I know of.

• Hello Everyone,

I want to share my experience, thus far, with the BPA application process. First, I would mention that the position is a VRA position.

I applied for an Agent position on Super Bowl Sunday Here is my timeline thus far:

2/1 Applied
    2/3 Online OPM Entrance Exam (PASS)
    2/20 Written Exam Scheduled
    2/15 Exam Taken
    2/25 Exam Results (PASS)
    2/25 BI Packet Submitted
    2/27 MED Appt (PASS)
    3/14 SI (PASS notified 3/20)
    4/25 PF1 (PASS)
    5/30 POLY (PASS)
    7/7 "The Call"
    7/10 Report and School date issued.

Stick with it, folks! From my understanding, if you are taking a BPA position, you should expect to be where BP needs you--- watch the news, and you'll know where that is.

* I was offered nearly 25 assignments to pick from; I would recommend that you take some time to learn about the positions (if possible) before finalizing on a duty station. Remember, there are a lot of applicants looking to come on board; that being mentioned, BP only gives you about a day to elect an assignment.

I am looking forward to working with the great agents of Rio Grande City!

Good luck and God speed!

Comment

• So I’m in on a provisional clear, set to leave the second week of September. But I’m the type to worry and not get my hopes up, any idea how long before I’m officially cleared o. My background investigation? Should it be before I leave? I’m just excited and ready to go but also afraid some stupid reason will keep me from going, I’ve got nothing to hide but so close yet so far away is the story of my life.

Comment

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        It's very common for people to have it finish while in the academy. No one here is going to be able to accurately estimate or guess. Every once in a while people's BIs won't clear before they graduate, and it finishes when they're back at station.

• Ohio1994
        Ohio1994 commented
        Editing a comment
        battlewagon so even though I’m 3 months out it’s not very likely to clear before I leave? I was printed at my interview way back on May 10. How common is it for someone to make it all the way to the academy just to not get cleared, my biggest fear is giving up my job and everything back home just to get bounced over something silly. Clearly if I had something big I thought would stop me I wouldn’t put myself through this process
        Last edited by Ohio1994; 06-17-2019, 10:50 AM.

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        That's another thing no one here can answer. Only you know your background. If you haven't been arrested a bunch, no drug use or minor admitted use, etc you should be fine.

• Passed my background over the weekend. Just scheduled my drug test for tomorrow afternoon. Anyone know how soon I’ll get a phone call/offer once they receive the results of my drug test?

Comment

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        Call should be pretty shortly after, within a week often times but could be longer.

• Ok cool. Was just curious. I have CDCR knocking at my door as well and now I’m stuck with a decision to make.

Comment

• Ohio1994
        Ohio1994 commented
        Editing a comment
        What’s CDCR?

• Lol CDCR is California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation. I was in the process with them as well and got offered last Friday.

I just got my offer today for BPA. EOD 9/16 in Calexico. Academy on 9/19 which happens to be my birthday.

Decisions, decisions...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rdeljr983 View Post
        Lol CDCR is California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation. I was in the process with them as well and got offered last Friday.

I just got my offer today for BPA. EOD 9/16 in Calexico. Academy on 9/19 which happens to be my birthday.

Decisions, decisions...
        Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• I took it because I only got offered Ajo and Brian Terry and I lived in AZ before and don’t want to go back. I’ve been working in corrections for the last 7 years in Oklahoma, AZ, Nevada and now San Diego. So I’m used to being a CO. I worked with California state inmates in both OK and AZ while in the private sector so going into CDCR won’t be much new to me. I’ve bounced my family around a lot already as you can see and have sacrificed months away from them during some of these transitions from state to state. A 6 month academy as opposed to a 3 month one for CDCR doesn’t seem appealing. The risk of being a federal agent for another government shutdown is always there. I’m proud of the fact that I got all the way through and is an accomplishment in itself but now that I have options, I’m not so sure this one outweighs the other. I’ll work tons of OT for both agencies but it’s common knowledge I’ll be away from the fam quite a bit with BP. They’re hurting more than CA state corrections is. So I think the answer is quite obvious for me personally. That being said, I fully support and back every person out there trying to get in with CBP and who is currently in the process. I wish you all the best and hope you all kill it out there and follow your dreams and do what you truly love and have your heart set on.

Comment

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            So you took the state job? Can't say I concur. And idk who told you that, BP agents work nearly no overtime whatsoever. Your shifts are set in stone, 8/9/10 hours, and supervisors are encouraged to prevent going over the shift. Which isn't a hard sell, since BP agents don't make OT pay (it's actually comp time), so most guys don't want to, even if it was available. If you don't mind being corrections I'd at least go BOP. Then if you move around a bunch like you already have, it all counts towards the same retirement clock.

• Yeah I took the state job. I know 5 people who work for BP and they are where I’ve gotten my info from. All of the recruiters I’ve spoken with have all told me themselves that everyone is going to be worked to the bone for some time, unfortunately. But that’s just the way it is. That it’s a given. And that’s fine. But when you have options, why not consider them? And I do work for the BOP lol. I got hired in early May. They pay peanuts and it’ll take a while before I reach a point to where I’m making what I can get with CDCR. Plus, it just benefits me and my family as far as location goes. It does pain me a little to have to pass up BP because I genuinely was excited for it, but oh well. It is what it is. A blessing to know I was able to get as far as I did and get accepted w them.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
            Radio Raheem commented
            Editing a comment
            The good thing about being a state employee is that the retirement is usually better than the fed gov. Good Luck!! You should try applying for Customs.

• SHU
            SHU commented
            Editing a comment
            If your set on working corrections the CDC is much better pay and retirement than the BOP. Be sure to join the CCPOA. Good luck to you.

• YOUNG718
            YOUNG718 commented
            Editing a comment
            It is quite an accomplishment to get through the hiring process. Tens of thousands of applicants apply each year and only a fraction of that completes the entire process with an EOD date. No matter what you end up doing, that's a notch under your belt you should be proud of.

• Rmodel1965
            Rmodel1965 commented
            Editing a comment
            Gotta get on the ws scale with bop. I'm 3.5 years and my pays equal to an 11 step 6 and still going up.

• Hi everyone. I applied to the BPA Direct Hire application 19-4. I met with my background investigator on May 29th and she has been interviewing everyone, but her last interview was with a friend out of state on June 13th. Is there any way to know about how much longer I should wait to hear back about my background?

Comment

• YOUNG718
            YOUNG718 commented
            Editing a comment
            That all depends on how complex your background is. Only you know the answer to that. If it's been submitted, the adjudication shouldn't last long.

• Hello all!,

If anyone else has an academy date on 12 SEP 19, please introduce yourself -- I look forward to meeting you in person at Artesia.

Rich

Comment

• When it comes to the BI if the retail store I worked for in the past has closed down, how do they confirm my previous employment? Will I need to produce an old w-2 or something? Are they just looking for yes or no if I worked there or are they looking for someone who can confirm my reason for leaving?

Comment

• Checkmate
              Checkmate commented
              Editing a comment
              A former co-worker, manager, owner etc or someone connected in some way to the business may be sufficient. Possibly a friend or acquaintance who can confirm that you worked there, as a last resort.

• Is the Psychological portion the final part of the Customs position? If you pass, how long the process usually is from the moment you passed that portion till the academy?

Comment

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              CBP doesn't have a psych eval. Medical, polygraph, background, and some tests (PFT, drug, etc)

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7238 users online. 352 members and 6886 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X