300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted.......
    Last edited by Hopejoy; 06-22-2019, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• Hi, I passed my structured interview April 30th in Laredo,TX. Now I am waiting for the polygraph, but I haven't heard anything since I passed the interview. All I received was that
      "Your tentative selection notification stated that your offer was contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment requirements, including a Structured Interview (SI). This is notification that you have passed the SI for the BORDER PATROL AGENT position."

Do anyone knows how long it usually take to hear something from the polygraph to sent up a date, and the background investigator?? Thank you.

Comment

• Nousername1
        Nousername1 commented
        Editing a comment
        It took 3 months for me to take poly after passing SI.

• Ohio1994
        Ohio1994 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got a call less than a week after I got that email to set up my polygraph. My SI wasn’t even a month ago and i just got my offer a few days ago. So it just depends, so people wait a long time and others get pushed through fast

• Oh ok, Thank you.

Comment

• Ohio1994 what area you did your processing? And where you did your SI?

Comment

• Ohio1994
          Ohio1994 commented
          Editing a comment
          SI was in port Clinton Ohio, and poly was Indianapolis. I took a provisional clear offer Thursday. Going to Rio Grande City Station EOD 9-9-19

• Just out of curiosity what will stop you from getting cleared on your background check? How serious is it? I have nothing to hide and have never had an issue passing one but this one seems to be very in-depth. Do they freeze your bank account? Look at tax returns the whole 9? I’m a broke college kid, been working a big boy job at a low level for over a year but I don’t make much, my bank account will look like I’m broke so I’m afraid I’ll look “financially irresponsible “ but all my bills get paid on time every time. Hints why I’m broke lol

Comment

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          Ohio1994, If it's the same as they do for the military, they will look at your income vs your over-all debt and then look at your future income to determine your potential for risk. Student loans and a house typically don't weigh as heavily as discretionary spending.

They will not freeze your bank account unless you are arrested for some financial crimes, so no worries there! :P

You should be fine as long as nothing is at collections and you don't have like several magnitudes of discretionary spending over your income.

• Ohio1994
          Ohio1994 commented
          Editing a comment
          The only loan I have is my college Loan, and it’s not even that much. What do mean by discretionary spending?

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          They don't make inquiries into your bank account balances or anything like that. They're simply pulling your credit report to make sure you're not delinquent on debt with constant missed payments, 'bad debt' (80k in credit card vs 80k in student loans), things like that. People who are drowning in debt and are costly behind on payments and things like that are more susceptible to bribery and corruption.

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          Ohio1994, discretionary spending is like tv's, computers, excessive furniture, etc..... Basically luxury items that aren't necessities that show an inability to balance a budget and thus become more susceptible to bribery and corruption as Battewagon said.

• Ohio1994 Congrats man, and your EOD 9/9/19 is that your academy start date or resume to your station date?
        I'm doing my process out of Houston, TX

Comment

• Ohio1994
          Ohio1994 commented
          Editing a comment
          Academy start date is September 12

• Ohio1994 congrats man

Comment

• Got my final offer almost a week ago and CASS still shows me as not having my drug test done or getting my offer, is this normal? I’ve got both done a week ago.

Comment

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            CASS is not a great indicator of actual application status. Longer you're in the feds and applying to jobs, you'll see USAjobs isn't as well. I think I'm on my fourth firm agency offer but I don't think a single one says anything past referred. Definitely never had one say hired.

• Radio Raheem
            Radio Raheem commented
            Editing a comment
            You made me look at mine, and, like yours, none of them read "hired." Funny, once I got the phone call or email with a final offer, I didn't think to look back at USAJOBS...LOL. I was too busy doing the MC Hammer typewritter dance.

• Anyone received this email after having met with the background investigator (3 months ago) and having the package submitted to CBP?
          Attached Files

Comment

• So today I received an email telling me this:

We are in the process of adjudicating your background investigation for your position with Customs and Border Protection. However, additional information is required from you in order to complete this process. To expedite, I would like to correspond with you via e-mail.

Anyone ever receive anything like that or know what could be the cause?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rdeljr983 View Post
              So today I received an email telling me this:

We are in the process of adjudicating your background investigation for your position with Customs and Border Protection. However, additional information is required from you in order to complete this process. To expedite, I would like to correspond with you via e-mail.

Anyone ever receive anything like that or know what could be the cause?
              Often times that is them seeking follow up regarding something in your eqip package. For example, admitted MJ use, credit questions from their BI searches, family that are immigrants or foreign nationals, etc. but of course every situation is unique and it could be anything
              UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
              "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• battlewagon Good morning, I just want to ask you. Do you have an idea of the average time frame for houston Texas from passing the Structure Interview to get call for polygraph and BI and drug test? Thank you.

Comment

• Anyone else have a FLETC date of Aug 15 2019?

Comment

• RichieFL
                    RichieFL commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'll be there a month behind you -- I'll see you there!

good luck

• Mgonzo
                    Mgonzo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey!
                    I also have Aug 15, 2019 as my academy date.
                    What station did you choose?

• Klumper23
                    Klumper23 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I selected the Brian A Terry Station in Bisbee, AZ

• Any tips or suggestions more than welcome.
                  Last edited by ArchStanton; 06-20-2020, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Talonderiel
                    Talonderiel commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congrats!! Hopefully some other kats here can help you with the family and move part. I've remained single and can't help ya there. :P

• Anyone know that is familiar with the hiring process know if you have to submit your original birth certificate at any point during the hiring process? Currently have to to do it for another agency and don't wanna be screwed if it comes up that I need to send it to them and its with another agency.
                  USPIS:
                  Applied: 09/2018
                  First Test: 09/2018
                  SF-86 Submitted: 10/2018
                  Second Test/IE Exchange: 12/2018
                  AC: 03/2019

CBP:
                  Applied: 04/10/2019
                  Entry Exam: 04/17/2019
                  Exam NOR: 04/19/2019
                  NOR for referral: 05/02/2019

Comment

• battlewagon
                    battlewagon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not for BP unless they request it for some reason during your BI. But never heard of that for an applicant and didn't for me or anyone in my class that I know of.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3402 users online. 203 members and 3199 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X