300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by camtheman77 View Post
    Anyone have input on what the work is like in El Cajon? What kind of special assignments are there? I am VRA and I am hoping I will get to fight with them once they give me the call to pick the best location possible. Just an FYI I am just waiting for my background to go through adjudication and drug test.
    ECJ is heaven. The La Jolla of east county They have the standard details like intel, sensors etc. And lots of sector details here if you are inclined to kiss a lot of ***. So if you are single or your married (without kids) and your wife makes real money then its one of the best stations in the Patrol. If you have kids and/or you are the only pay check, go to Arizona. Field work in the mountains and no checkpoint at ECJ. Very senior station so you will have gray or no hair by the time you get weekends off on days. Last time I checked they were still on 4 shifts due to the drive out to east county from El Cajon so they had double Sundays on at least one of them. They have van pools that go all over San Diego county and Temecula last time I checked. Lots of good people there.
    Last edited by SHU; 05-22-2019, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• Just got the call for my poly. How tough is this thing? And if I pass how long before my BI goes through and I get the call?

Comment

• YOUNG718
        YOUNG718 commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't get too ahead of yourself. Be humble and take it step by step.

• So Ill try to follow the format of everyone else is using for timeline:

Applied 5/8/19 (19-8)
      EQIP sent in 5/15/19 - Eqip sent again 5/16/19
      Medical Exam scheduled for 5/23/19
      SI scheduled for 6/3/19
      Fitness Exam (says in progress)
      Drug test (in progress)
      Poly (pending)
      BI (pending)
      Fitness Exam 2 (Not applicable)
      Final Offer (Pending)

Comment

• transamracer94
        transamracer94 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Ohio1944 I did apply direct hire, I'm hoping the pace stays like this and I don't get slowed down.

• Ohio1994
        Ohio1994 commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s beem faster than I expected. Hopefully the pace picks up just a little. I’m ready to get through it and get an EOD date

• transamracer94
        transamracer94 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd be really happy if I can get through it all and get an eod before xmas.

• Ohio1994
        Ohio1994 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully long before xmas. It would be nice to head to the academy by July or August

• Originally posted by Ohio1994 View Post
      Just got the call for my poly. How tough is this thing? And if I pass how long before my BI goes through and I get the call?
      The last thing you need to be doing is asking about it here. Be sure then people are going to be talking about the failures, failure rates, etc. Then you'll panic and start researching how to succeed at a poly, how to beat it, preparation tips, etc. Then you're setting yourself up for failure.

The only thing that's needed is to tell the absolute truth. If they ask you 'have you stolen anything' and your brain flashes back to when you were 7 years old and you snagged a box of Nerds from the gas station shelf, say 'yes'. They'll either eliminate that by reasking the question with that as a footnote, or let it ride.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Ohio1994
        Ohio1994 commented
        Editing a comment
        I wasn’t worried at all about it because I’ve done them before but all I’ve seen is all the horror stories about people getting screwed on it

• Those are THEIR stories. Who knows how truthful they are.

Battlewagon gave you solid advice.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Hi all,
        I have a question about BP marine/aviation units. In the job requirements, it seems you need prior boating/ aviation experience. If I were to join BP would it still be possible to get into those units after putting in my time (with no prior marine or aviation experience)?
        thanks!

Comment

• I've been in the process since Feb 2018 and I just graduated. I have all but the medical portion complete and waiting for a final word on my waiver request. Should I let the hiring center know I graduated early and if so who? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by hopefulfed36 View Post
            Hi all,
            I have a question about BP marine/aviation units. In the job requirements, it seems you need prior boating/ aviation experience. If I were to join BP would it still be possible to get into those units after putting in my time (with no prior marine or aviation experience)?
            thanks!
            BP boat and aviation jobs aren't listed anywhere online. So if you saw them on USAjobs, that's probably CBP AMO, a different agency. Many of those guys come from border patrol on their maritime side of the house.

Within BP, the BP Boat Patrol requires no experience and in most sectors the selections are made without regard to experience, but instead by the rules of the detail selection process. I'd say most BP boat guys in my sector had no professional boat experience prior to getting on boats, other than fishing for fun and boating for fun. Whether you were a salty CG BM or never been on a boat in your life, you'll get sent to FLETC for boat crewman training. But once you make BP boats, get your hours, your captains license, you are a prime candidate for AMO Marine Interdiction Agent. More than half the MIAs in the sector I work in that I've gotten underway with were prior BP. The rest were BMs in the CG, and a few from here and there.

There are some BP details that ride along with AMO in their birds that get picked up as back seaters by AMO as well.
            UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Applied 5/8/19 (19-8)
              EQIP sent in 5/15/19 - Eqip sent again 5/16/19 - Eqip for the final time 5/20/19
              SI scheduled for 6/3/19
              Fitness Exam (in progress)
              Drug test (in progress)
              Poly (pending)
              BI (pending)
              Final Offer (Pending)

Should I have received an appointment by now for my fitness 1 test since I'm doing my medical this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by hopefulfed36 View Post
                Hi all,
                thanks!
                Are you referring to the USAJobs openings for CBP Air & Marine? If yes, then your best bet is to get on with the BP Marine patrol unit after your off probation (of course this is dependent on you being assigned to a Station that has a marine patrol unit). The BP will send you to FLETC for the Marine Law Enforcement training course (most fun course I ever attended). Some of my best BP memories were underway on the boat.

As far as BP Aviation, the BP no longer has its own air support unit. CBP Air Marine provides the air support for the BP. The BP does from time to time provide AMO with personnel to ride along and serve as crewmembers, its know as the SAM (Supplemental Aircrew member) program. It is highly competitive and most picked have some aviation experience. Its not impossible to get selected without prior experience, but it helps because it is very competitive to get on.

Comment

• Good morning, below is how my progress has been going. Extremely long and drawn out and then a few hiccups with the people processing my documentation.

Applied 5/8/19 (18-5 VRA)
                  EQIP sent in 5/01/18 - EQIP sent again 5/08/18
                  Medical Exam (5/01/18)
                  Fitness Exam (used military exam)
                  SI w/ finger prints (10/16/18)
                  Poly (12/06/18) - Passed
                  BI (March 2019) then again 20 May 19 with a different BI due to the first guy messing up my paperwork
                  Drug test (in progress)
                  Final Offer (Pending)

Comment

• Applied 5/8/19 (19-8)
                    EQIP sent in 5/15/19 - Eqip sent again 5/16/19 - Eqip for the final time 5/20/19 - Eqip sent to OPR 5/22/19
                    SI scheduled for 6/3/19
                    Fitness Exam (in progress)
                    Drug test (in progress)
                    Poly (pending)
                    BI (pending)
                    Final Offer (Pending)

Comment

• So now I'm sitting at 13%, how long does it take for the Eqip to be reviewed?

Comment

• Applied 5/8/19 (19-8)
                        EQIP sent in 5/15/19 - Eqip sent again 5/16/19 - Eqip for the final time 5/20/19 - Eqip sent to OPR 5/22/19
                        SI scheduled for 6/3/19
                        Fitness Exam scheduled 5/9/19
                        Drug test (in progress)
                        Poly (pending)
                        BI (pending)
                        Final Offer (Pending)

Comment

• Just got the call. I accepted Brian A Terry Station in AZ EOD: 8/12/2019 FLETC: 8/15/2019.

Here is my time line:

CBPO 18-10
                          Applied: 7/3/2018
                          Entrance Exam: Waived approved for GS-9 7/24/2018
                          e-QIP sent: 8/3/2018
                          e-QIP Accepted and released to OPR: Pending being reviewed by HRM staff
                          SI: 8/14/2018
                          NOR for SI: 8/15/2018 PASSED
                          Medical and Physical Agility: 8/6/2018 (they were both scheduled at the same location on the same day)
                          Physical Agility NOR: 8/14/2018 PASSED
                          MED NOR: 8/14/2018 Passed
                          POLY: applied for waiver 8/28/2018 Denied Passed 2/4/2019
                          BI: Passed 5/15/2019
                          Drug Test: 5/21/2019
                          EOD:8/12/2019 Brian A Terry AZ
                          FLETC: 8/15/2019

Border Patrol 19-2
                          Applied 11/22/2018
                          Approved GL-9
                          Medical: Passed 8/14/2018
                          BI: Passed 5/15/2019
                          Physical: Passed 1/2/2019
                          SI: Passed 2/10/2019
                          Drug: Passed 5/21/2019
                          EOD: 8/12/2019 Brian A Terry, AZ
                          FLETC: 8/15/2019 Artesia, NM

Comment

• Lovetocamp
                            Lovetocamp commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I'm already a BPA, but im just wondering, what were they offering you overall?

• battlewagon
                            battlewagon commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Don't ask questions that you dont want to hear the answers to that will ruin your day lol

• SHU
                            SHU commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Naco is a good station. Real good mountain work with lots of good PAs.

• Klumper23
                            Klumper23 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Lovetocamp they were offering Brian A Terry and Ajo for Arizona. How long have you been a BPA? I have a few questions about the academy.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12033 users online. 478 members and 11555 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X