Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I, myself am in a situation with a pregnancy.
    My girlfriend is expected to deliver in early May. I just passed the OB and and Completed the Medical and Physical. Just waiting for the Background and Drug Test.

Im afraid that I will be stuck at the academy and not able to be around for my first child's birth.

Does anyone know if there is a way to delay your EOD due to an impending birth?

Comment

• Thanks fellas! We are really excited about it!
      Im hoping that if I get hired I will be out of FLETC before my wife gives birth! Its starting to look like 2009 is going to be a great year!! The anticipation is killing me waiting for that call.....Every time my cell phone rings and its someone I know I get kinda mad,(frustrated)....LOL!

Comment

• Congrats all on the babies. Mine is 12 days old today!
        trainee

Comment

• You have to apply for the NB if you want the job there. If you are already in the application process for the southern border it will not void your process if you apply to the NB. A lot of my classmates applied to both but the southern border called them first. If you want to work a lot of groups and catch dope and have a lot of fun, the southern border is were it is at. Also watching babes in bikinis play volley ball at the beach in january on your off days is most enjoyable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jinxman View Post
            I, myself am in a situation with a pregnancy.
            My girlfriend is expected to deliver in early May. I just passed the OB and and Completed the Medical and Physical. Just waiting for the Background and Drug Test.

Im afraid that I will be stuck at the academy and not able to be around for my first child's birth.

Does anyone know if there is a way to delay your EOD due to an impending birth?

your in a tough spot. i have a one year old and i can only tell what i would do in your situation. being that taking this job will provided so much more benefits down the road, i would not pass an EOD date or try to delay it in fear that another might not come. WHEN you get the job you will be in a much better state financially and all to provide a better life for your child (and don't get me wrong i have no clue what life you can provide now, it might be a better one than with BPA) but with that being said i wish you the best.

Comment

• man can someone help me i really don't understand why my case is still pending in the security office can someone recommend something i can do

Comment

• Originally posted by jesus981 View Post
                man can someone help me i really don't understand why my case is still pending in the security office can someone recommend something i can do
                There is nothing you can do but wait. The general guidelines is they take from 6-18months to complete. It's probably sitting in a huge pile just waiting to be looked at.

Comment

• Fitness Passed

I passed the fitness test this morning. I also took the drug test. I am glad to get those out of the way.
                  BPA Status
                  TSU: 04/24/09
                  EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
                  Resigned: 10/28/09
                  Reapplied: 07/29/11
                  NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
                  TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
                  PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
                  Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
                  Applied: 06/24/11
                  Written: 07/21/11
                  NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jinxman View Post
                    .....Does anyone know if there is a way to delay your EOD due to an impending birth?
                    When you get "The Call," explain your situation to them. You may catch a break. You may not. If you don't ask, then the answer will definately be "No".

Comment

• Originally posted by jesus981 View Post
                      man can someone help me i really don't understand why my case is still pending in the security office can someone recommend something i can do
                      When did you pass the written? If it wasn't before June, you haven't even begun to wait.

Comment

• well i got a letter yesterday for my oral board on Feb. 6 in orland,fl. i hope to see some of you there. any pointer that can help in my interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by steel113 View Post
                          well i got a letter yesterday for my oral board on Feb. 6 in orland,fl. i hope to see some of you there. any pointer that can help in my interview?
                          I want to be helpful. However, please help yourself first by searching for previous posts on this exact question.

Good luck,
                          Section8
                          BPA Status

CBPO Status

Comment

• Wanna go run?

I am in Hobbs, NM 88240. I am looking for someone that lives within 150 of Hobbs and would like to go running with me. Since Artesia, NM is less than 90 miles away, if you are at or will be going to FLETC, maybe we could workout. I would be willing to meet you on the weekends. If you are interested, please send me a PM.
                            Last edited by Section8; 01-18-2009, 07:28 PM. Reason: Add additional information
                            BPA Status

CBPO Status

Comment

• well i passed everything last year in january and the case is still pending in the security office the investigador needed some papers and i fax them to him i called him back and he said he received them to just wait but its been a year, however i did get a letter to pass my fitness in december and i passed but not sure how much longer i need to wait??????????

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                                When did you pass the written? If it wasn't before June, you haven't even begun to wait.
                                well i passed everything last year in january and the case is still pending in the security office the investigador needed some papers and i fax them to him i called him back and he said he received them to just wait but its been a year, however i did get a letter to pass my fitness in december and i passed but not sure how much longer i need to wait??????????

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6166 users online. 281 members and 5885 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X