300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Klumper23 View Post
    I just took and passed the CBP polygraph. Does anyone know if that will qualify for BP as well or if I will have to do a second one?
    How was the polygraph? I’ve heard they can be quite lengthy

Comment

• Klumper23
      Klumper23 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was in at 0800 and left at 1030.

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      My polygraph was 5.5 hours, I'm still waiting on the results now.

• How was the medical vision exam? Do they inspect your eye and run tests or is it just can you see this red/green tests and how clesrly you can see letters?

Comment

• Can anyone tell me what I can expect during the structured interview? I have it in Detroit next month. Any information is appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah_rod25 View Post
        Can anyone tell me what I can expect during the structured interview? I have it in Detroit next month. Any information is appreciated.
        It isn't designed for failure. It consists of situation questions. When they are done ask, just sit for a moment and gather your thoughts before you answer. It looks better (and normal) to sit there for a few seconds thinking, than to be uhhh-ing and ummm-ing through an answer. Be confident in your answer, and don't let the board make you second guess yourself if you were confident in your original answer.
        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          Physically checking the eye isn't done unless you indicated a reason that would lead to that. The normal vision test is the standard stuff, plus colorblind tests

• George Chen
          George Chen commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!! So was it just hey wear your glasses whats the bottom line you can read, now without, then colorblind test, and moving object detection? Thanks so much!

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure sir, I never wore glasses or had surgery. Hopefully someone with corrected vision can chime in

• PatrioticRush
          PatrioticRush commented
          Editing a comment
          If you have corrected vision than after medical is finished, MHC will contact you for additional medicial information regarding your vision. You will have to go to an Optometerist and have a visual acuity test performed on your uncorrected vision. Its basically a test measuring how bad your natural vison is. 20/100 is the bare minimum, anything worst than that is failing. If you been wearing glasses since your teens and your under 30 you should be alright. It all depends on how bad your vision has degraded.

• After you complete the 3 tasks in the “onboarding” process after accepting the pay grade, do we just wait for another email?

Comment

• I took the written, I received the background packet I am still filling out(It’s due the 19th), I have the medical on Thursday and I have the structured interview March 11th. Is this weird to anyone else? Lol. Also for the medical do I do the PFT-1 that day?
          Last edited by sarah_rod25; 02-18-2019, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• BPRIO
            BPRIO commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope, it's normal for them to schedule several steps in advance.

• Applied to announcement 19-5, just got my NOR as a GL9 and selected to start the process.
          Last edited by nonotnow; 02-19-2019, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• mxxdude
            mxxdude commented
            Editing a comment
            What date did you apply? I'm about to apply for GL9 as well and wondering when to expect the NOR email

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            2/4, doing medical next week and finished my equip.

• BPRIO ok. I figured they would wait for me to pass somethings before scheduling more steps. But thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah_rod25 View Post
            I took the written, I received the background packet I am still filling out(It’s due the 19th), I have the medical on Thursday and I have the structured interview March 11th. Is this weird to anyone else? Lol. Also for the medical do I do the PFT-1 that day?
            So do you have to wait for them to send the background packet in email to start? I got my selection notice on feb 13th

Comment

• sarah_rod25
              sarah_rod25 commented
              Editing a comment
              I am confused on what you are asking me. Start what?

• Just a question. Why does it say on the CBP website that the PFT2 isnt required to pass, just participate? Seems kind of odd.

Comment

• PatrioticRush
              PatrioticRush commented
              Editing a comment
              Unfortunately to meet the demand for applicants they have made it participation only. I didn't have to take it at all. Regardless, if you can't pass the requirements for PFT2 you should pursue another line of work. In my humble opinion.

• TheSlammer
              TheSlammer commented
              Editing a comment
              Thats what I was thinking. The requirements arent even that extreme.

• SHU
              SHU commented
              Editing a comment
              The Patrol is bleeding PAs fast as #@$% so they want to say they are hiring people. They know some of the people are out of shape so bad they will not be able to pass a PT test and will likely fail out of the Academy but they don't care. They need to be able to say they are doing something about hiring. Even if its smoke, mirrors and lies.

• Regarding the medical exam it’s self, do they do blood work? If so, would pre-workout and supplements be an issue?

Comment

• Sheridan1
              Sheridan1 commented
              Editing a comment
              The only issue is the waste of money from supplements since most don't work. No blood work anyway though.

• Hi everyone,
            I'm a current sophomore in college and will graduate with "superior academic achievement". I am wondering what the BPA position is like for someone right out of college looking to start a career in federal LE. How long before being eligible for a specialty? What are the prospects for moving into an 1811 position with other agencies down the road? I have read that BP is a great way into the 1811 world, so would BP experience coupled with a bachelors degree at least put me in the running for an 1811 spot? Also, I understand that most new agents are put on the SW border. It seems like there aren't many cities/towns along the border. So where do most agents live? Do they make longer commutes from cities further from the border? Any information you all could provide is appreciated!

Comment

• Received an official “call” for job offer and duty location for CBP and accepted the offer. I am still in the process of BPA and looking to hear what they have to offer duty location wise. Since the offer is only “official” two ish weeks prior to report date when you get the acceptance paperwork can you still deny and accept another offer? Or once you accept over the phone is it locked in?

Comment

• DMC1988
                DMC1988 commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats man. Were you provisional or is the background done?

• Bolt_USASOC
                Bolt_USASOC commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you! Background is done I had a TS-SCI adjudicated just last year and it carried over. I applied under VRA announcement

• Bolt_USASOC thats awesome man. I actually just passed my polygraph a couple of weeks ago, and currently a 0083 police Officer with DOD, I just had a background done with them recently, hopefully it will carry over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt_USASOC View Post
                Received an official “call” for job offer and duty location for CBP and accepted the offer. I am still in the process of BPA and looking to hear what they have to offer duty location wise. Since the offer is only “official” two ish weeks prior to report date when you get the acceptance paperwork can you still deny and accept another offer? Or once you accept over the phone is it locked in?
                You can decline the position at any point including while you are at the academy.
                “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
                DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7095 users online. 354 members and 6741 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X