Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's some interesting information for y'all if you haven't learned this already. The hiring contract that CBP has with Accenture has been partially stopped due to, what seems like, frustrations with their output. So, with the government shutdown, this may impact applicant timelines, although from what I've read, it seems like CBP is on top of it. Because you shouldn't trust a random link in a forum like this I won't include one. Just go to the Federal News Network and look for "CBP issues partial stop work order on Accenture hiring contract" if you'd like to read more. (its a month old story)

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck_Macdonald View Post
      I heard somewhere that before we go to the academy that we get sent to a school or something? Anyone have details on that?

as far as I know I’ve got the polygraph left and that’s it so I’m pretty excited! Not sure what else I can do to prepare for the PFt2 like according to the website you have to run a mile and a half in 15 mins, I think you’d be hard pressed to find someone who couldn’t do that who wasn’t morbidly obese...
      The PFT2 is participation only now. Show up and finish the 1.5 in whatever time, and you go to the academy. Even if 20 minutes. You inprocess at your EOD, at the sector HQ for where your station is. They will do a few hours of military drill marching instruction for those who aren't prior mil since academy is paramilitary. There shouldnt be any PT or anything.

TSP 20% is all you need to remember from now until your EOD at sector.

As far as the contract for recruiting, it has been a terrible failure. I have personally recruited more people who had never heard of BP or werent considering it who are at the academy now than that contract, and I'm not even with BP anymore. It is a joke, but it has no effect on the hiring process or the timelines.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

The PFT2 is participation only now. Show up and finish the 1.5 in whatever time, and you go to the academy. Even if 20 minutes. You inprocess at your EOD, at the sector HQ for where your station is. They will do a few hours of military drill marching instruction for those who aren't prior mil since academy is paramilitary. There shouldnt be any PT or anything.

TSP 20% is all you need to remember from now until your EOD at sector.

As far as the contract for recruiting, it has been a terrible failure. I have personally recruited more people who had never heard of BP or werent considering it who are at the academy now than that contract, and I'm not even with BP anymore. It is a joke, but it has no effect on the hiring process or the timelines.
        Not sure what TSP is.

also I was under the impression that agents did their pft2 at the academy? If it’s participation only then how can I trust any barrier to entry at this job? I hope the academy has a more strict pt plan or something...

Comment

• Mf821
          Mf821 commented
          Editing a comment
          TSP is Thrift Savings Plan. The PT is known as being one of the toughest in all FLEO so don't worry. You have to get much better scores to pass the academy than the pft2 lays out.

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't need to know, just remember TSP 20% and it'll ring a bell at the appropriate time.

They made it participation because the PFT 2 was the very last step, and it had like a 40% fail rate for OFO. And BP had a 79.8% fail or declination rate for the poly. So only 21% were making. So both BP and OFO were losing a huge chunk of the small percentage that even got that far in the process. I guess they see it as they'll best you into shape at the BP academy. The academy is pass fail at graduation

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          Since you're from that agency, what is the leading reason the fail rate is 79.8% for BP?

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          I was. I was working on a detail that worked with EAC to fix the hiring and retention problems so I got to see the issues on a statistical and first hand basis. Right as I left BP, they were running the new pilot poly. I had heard at that time the fail rate was about 40% with the pilot, which is inline with other fed and large city agencies.

The polygraph was very subjective, not objective. I personally recruited 8 very close friends and family numbers outside of my short time doing actual recruiting. Of those 8, 6 failed the poly. All who failed were either immediate blood relatives that I know to the core (1, who then passed another fed LE poly a few months later with flying colors), and the other 5 failures were current LE or military. The poly was a joke. Hopefully now they are on the right track.

• Bummer on the shut down. I was hoping to get in by summer

edit: got into contact and they stated the hiring process is not stopped, but the shutdown has slowed it down.
        Last edited by Anthony_525; 01-23-2019, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• Anthony_525, Who did you contact that gave you that info? Did they give you any specifics? I just assumed that if they shutdown the website administer and other administrative-type duties they shut down all admin type stuff. Though, your message is certainly good to hear!

Comment

• Russ81
            Russ81 commented
            Editing a comment
            Some processes are ongoing. I EOD in the next month or so, so I can vouch for this. According to my duty station, OPM is working 4 hour days to send out emails regarding EOD for applicants awaiting their EOD (last stage of the process). Also, for those that have an EOD within the next month or so, hit me up so we can network.
            Last edited by Russ81; 01-24-2019, 09:20 PM.

• Does anyone have any idea the probability getting hired after turning in a request of waiver? It's been almost a year since I've reciever a NOR. I finished all requirements but medical. I'm just waiting on the waiver results and it's been 6 weeks.
          Last edited by OPena37; 01-30-2019, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Anyone have details on the fitness requirements for the academy, I’m sure they must have like a day 1 minimum requirement and I’d like to be ready, seeing as how I’ll probably have like 9months before I get to the poly portion of this with how messed up the gov has been the past month

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck_Macdonald View Post
              Anyone have details on the fitness requirements for the academy, I’m sure they must have like a day 1 minimum requirement and I’d like to be ready, seeing as how I’ll probably have like 9months before I get to the poly portion of this with how messed up the gov has been the past month
              The PFT 2 is now participation, you dont have to pass anymore. But the numbers on the PFT2 are a good place to be. If you go to the academy able to do those numbers, the academy will get you the rest of the way.

https://www.cbp.gov/careers/car/bpa-pft-2

The graduation time for 1.5 is 13 minutes, dont know PU/SU off top of head

honor first

Comment

• Got my notice of referral today. Said I did not qualify for GL-7 due to not providing transcripts, however I did upload all transcripts along with my resume. Is this something I should call about and bring up immediatly? Or wait until the hiring manager contacts me?

Comment

• Mf821
                  Mf821 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did it say referred for gl-5? If so you can bring it up later. If not then hiring manager won't even contact you so you might want to reach out now.

• Russ81
                  Russ81 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do you qualify for the superior academic achievement (3.0 or higher) or do you have greater than 18 hrs towards a masters?

• It did say referred to for gl-5

yes I definitely qualify based on superior academic achievement.

Comment

• Russ81
                  Russ81 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Id contact opm asap and sort it out,

• battlewagon
                  battlewagon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  call the MHC, not OPM. MHC does the grade determinations

• Russ81
                  Russ81 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I always associated opm with mhc. Thanks for clarifying BW

• I’m going to call them as soon as possible. I received my tentative selection email this morning for gl-5.

Comment

• Russ81
                  Russ81 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Its a very long process. Good luck

• Anthony_525
                  Anthony_525 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thank you. I was told that i would need to re-apply to get GL-7. I told them that I submitted my transcripts during the application, and it shows on my application as well. Anyways i did not accept the GL-5 and instead requested that Human resources contacts me. Hopefully this doesn't slow me down too much, but i would like to avoid having to re-apply.

• Russ81
                  Russ81 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If they told you to reapply, then go ahead and reapply. Just make sure your transcripts are included, that your resume is in the federal format, and your resume has your college info as well as your GPA.
                  Last edited by Russ81; 01-29-2019, 07:54 PM.

• I passed the written. Now I am just waiting on them to review my application and qualifications I guess? I have done a similar step test for the job i have now but I only had to do it for 2 minutes. 5 minutes seems kind of long. I hope I can pass that

Comment

• Originally posted by OPena37 View Post
                  Does anyone have any idea the probability getting hired after turning in a request of waiver? It's been almost a year since I've reciever a NOR. I finished all requirements but medical. I'm just waiting on the waiver results and it's been 6 weeks.
                  No one here can answer that. The answer lies within the medical staff review. They will either find you suitable for duty or not. Plenty of people submit waivers and get cleared, and many dont. Just depends on the whole picture of your waiver items and the job.

honor first

Comment

• I recently had coworker (Local LEO) take the BP Poly and was told he failed immediately after finishing. Has anyone had luck after appealing/retesting (however that process works for BP) passing a retest? Hes currently trying to figure his way through it, but I assumed someone in here could provide some good insight into it.

Comment

• BPRIO
                      BPRIO commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He could get a retest, it happens often. Unfortunately, CBP does not allow applicants to appeal a failed polygraph. The only thing he could do right now is wait for the results or retest.

• I just took and passed the CBP polygraph. Does anyone know if that will qualify for BP as well or if I will have to do a second one?

Comment

• Mf821
                      Mf821 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It qualifies.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11308 users online. 455 members and 10853 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X