Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poly completed 12/07/18, notified that I passed last week and re-certified e-QIP tonight. They seem to be moving pretty fast now. I applied under 18-6 VRA, my military clearance is currently being renewed and I wonder if that will help or hinder the process.

Comment

• Does anyone know the odds for BP VRA applicant to get northern border?

Comment

• Mf821
        Mf821 commented
        Editing a comment
        0. They aren't sending anyone VRA or not to northern border.

• Alexr3496
        Alexr3496 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man I appreciate it!

• 17-10 DH with EOD of early 2019 now on hold with the Gov’t shutdown. Anyone else in the same situation?

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        there is no gov shutdown ...funding was extended until feb 8...holiday shutdown yes..but thasts normal this time of year

• Russ81
        Russ81 commented
        Editing a comment
        Spoke w/ opr an hr ago. Its shutting down. The budget extending to feb 8th does not include border funding. My EOD is within a few days after feb 8th, so 1 of 2 things will happen...the fy-19 budget will pass (which will only happen if trump gets the funding for the wall), or the gov’t will shutdown puting academy on standby...re-racking the timeline completely from my EOD.
        Last edited by Russ81; 12-20-2018, 01:16 PM.

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah just saw Commander in chief vetoed the bill...****kkkk

• Russ81
        Russ81 commented
        Editing a comment
        So the bill passed the house and goes to the senate today, and needs 60 of 100 votes to be approved. Pelosi and Shcumer said they guarantee the bill will not get the 60 votes. So the government is shutting down which means everyone reading this whom is in the process is on hold until further notice. This morning Trump tweeted that if the dems did not pass it, the government will be shut down for a long time”. All the CBP/BPA agents in the field will be working but not getting paid (furlough). They will get backpaid whenever the government re-opens after the FY-19 budget is approved and passed.

• I was wondering if you can combine your leave days into one or use them sporadically throughout the year? For example, after 3 years you get 20 days per year, can you combine them into one or use them separately different times of the year?

Comment

• Russ81
        Russ81 commented
        Editing a comment
        See post below for correct information. Thanks battlewagon for the info.
        Last edited by Russ81; 12-21-2018, 07:55 PM.

• Originally posted by anuj1985a View Post
      I was wondering if you can combine your leave days into one or use them sporadically throughout the year? For example, after 3 years you get 20 days per year, can you combine them into one or use them separately different times of the year?
      Combine them into one what? You can take your leave however you see fit. One day here, three days next month, two weeks whatever. Some sectors have policies that over 3 or 4 weeks of leave continuously requires sector approval, things like that. You can keep 240 hours and roll them over to next calendar year (not FY like stated above). If you roll into pay period one of the following year, anything over 240 is lost. There are some exceptions.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Quick question, did anyone with uncorrected vision worse than 20/100 were able to get a medical waiver and pass the medical? I'm thinking about applying but I don't want to go through the whole process just to be told no because of my uncorrected vision is worse than 20/100. My corrected vision is 20/20 with soft contact lenses.

Comment

• Does anyone know if BPA and CBPO have the same vision requirements? Is there any BPA with red green color deficient?

Comment

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            I had a classmate who was straight up red green color blind. But he somehow passed the vision and it was never an issue again. I'm talking can't tell which color is lit up on a stop light color blind, other than going off orientation of the lights.

• Alexr3496
            Alexr3496 commented
            Editing a comment
            battlewagon
            Thanks I really appreciate it. I'm only waiting on my medical to clear from CBPO. So I might also apply BPA (VRA) and let the majority transfer over

• How is this shutdown going to effect us applicants in the hiring process?

Comment

• Mf821
            Mf821 commented
            Editing a comment
            Academy is halted, hiring is essentially paused.

• Llopez94
            Llopez94 commented
            Editing a comment
            I received a job offer and I was told I would start academy on March 4. Will I be affected?

• Mf821
            Mf821 commented
            Editing a comment
            Turns out academy got a waiver to keep training. No idea what it means for hiring.

• I take the written for Border Patrol Agent next week. I know that’s super early in the process but I just want to see if anyone has any tips for me? I am in a lot of debt due to a recent divorce. My credit isn’t good at all. I am getting that all figured out. What are my chances with that? Other than that I am currently in Law Enforcement as a Correctional Officer in Illinois. Nothing in my past or present (other than the debt) should make me disqualified. What are your thoughts and opinions? Anything helps. Thank you!

Comment

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            If you get to the Background Investigation phase, be upfront about your issues. As far as debt goes, before you even talk to the investigator have a payment plan setup to start paying down your debts. Also provide documentation that you are in fact paying down your debts. Also be upfront about the reason for divorce.

• I will do that ASAP! Thank you!

Comment

• I took the written today. It was a lot harder than I expected. I don’t think I did very good. I guess we will see what happens.

Comment

• DP23
              DP23 commented
              Editing a comment
              I took BP written test twice & CBPO's once. The one that was hard(BP) I scored 13 & 16 points higher than the one I thought was easy (CBP). Have faith & best of luck.

• anyone know roughly how long the structured interview will go on for? I've only had one done before for a State Police job but even then it was only like 45 minutes of them asking what I would do in X scenario.

I ask because I'd like to do some touring of DC while I'm there and I'm trying to join some travel groups or a tour the day of!

Comment

• Mf821
              Mf821 commented
              Editing a comment
              45 minutes max. Closer to like 20 minutes.

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              The whole thing is 20 minutes max. However if there are 10 people doing interviews, there's no particular order so you may be in there 15 minutes, but be the last to go three hours later

• Is the hiring process halted during the shut down? I got my NOR 12/19/18. Test was harder than I expected but still scored a 92.

Comment

• I just noticed this on the CBP website today:

"BPA applicants applying to announcements 17-3 and later will no longer be required to obtain a passing score, only participation in the test will be required. BPA applicants who applied to announcements prior to 17-3 will be required to take and pass the PFT-2 in order to have continued employment consideration."

Current announcement is 19-4.

Just thought Id post it since I didn't see any discussion of it here.

Comment

• Russ81
                Russ81 commented
                Editing a comment
                Applies to CBP as well, they attempt pft-2 before the academy, BPA attempt pft-2 at the academy.

• I heard somewhere that before we go to the academy that we get sent to a school or something? Anyone have details on that?

as far as I know I’ve got the polygraph left and that’s it so I’m pretty excited! Not sure what else I can do to prepare for the PFt2 like according to the website you have to run a mile and a half in 15 mins, I think you’d be hard pressed to find someone who couldn’t do that who wasn’t morbidly obese...

Comment

• Russ81
                Russ81 commented
                Editing a comment
                You report to your assigned duty station for 3 days then fly to the academy. You are responsible financially for the travel to and lodging @ your duty station for the 3 days

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9499 users online. 482 members and 9017 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X