Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took about 6 weeks for me to hear back from OPR yesterday after my last meeting with the BI. Said they would be conducting my final adjudication soon. Keep the faith bro! I’m ready for this to finish up as well.

Comment

• beeyoh
      beeyoh commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man! I can't wait for this to be over.

• micdrop451
      micdrop451 commented
      Editing a comment
      OPR called you or your BI called you?
      Last edited by micdrop451; 11-15-2018, 09:46 PM.

• Russ81
      Russ81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you get your EOD yet? I hit final adjudication end of Nov, with an EOD given 2 weeks ago...now on hold with the shutdown.

• OPR called. Had an issue on section 22.1. I failed to disclose some speeding tickets. So was given an advisory letter explaining my BI was found favorable but had to ensure that does not occur anymore.

Comment

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      jayeski3 I thought you're only supposed to report speeding tickets that were over $300. I had a few but none were over $300, it even says that before answering the question.

• DP23 as the BI told me the number doesn’t necessarily matter. I checked no in regards due to tickets because of the $300 on the SF-86 but I still got flagged. It was a minor pain in the *** but it’s over with now.

Comment

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      jayeski3 I wonder how that'll play out with me, I had a few tickets but they were failure to dim high beams, speeding at 36 in a 25. Only two shows up on my GA driving record & 0 in AZ

• DP23 you should be fine ......... I had a few plus the one I was flagged on was exactly 7 years out. Basically forgot one and I was popped.

Comment

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      jayeski3 I hope so because I didn't put any down because the E-Qip said don't do so + they were dismissed. Did you admit to it on the poly.

• Signed up on here because I’ve been in the pipeline for 11 months and was hoping someone can give me some answers/intel. I received my BPA conditional offer as a veteran for the GL-9 in March after applying to the FEB2018 listing. I’ve completed the structured interview, E-quip, and have been waiting on medical. In June they asked for more from my pile of military medical history and I submitted it in mid July, waited until the end of October until I heard back from them asking for more documents. Submitted them on October 30th and haven’t heard anything since despite several inquiries. Still stuck at 38%. Does anyone have any idea what this means, or how much longer I need to wait on this stuff, or if I should scrap it and shift gears to secondary and tertiary plans? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

• micdrop451
      micdrop451 commented
      Editing a comment
      You're used to "hurry up and wait" since your prior service but CBP takes it to another level. I believe there's a direct line to a nurse at medical. You'll have to ask around or do a bit of research to get it.

• OrdiOrdi
      OrdiOrdi commented
      Editing a comment
      I passed the structured interview back in the first week of September... The investigator told me "be ready, it will move fast from here" and I said "Ok, great! I'll be ready and waiting!"

And that is the last Ive heard from the border patrol... which is almost exactly 3 months ago on the dot.

• Llopez94
      Llopez94 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ordiordi my structured interview was on May and I am still waiting. You still have some wait time ahead.

• Russ81
      Russ81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ive been in the process since July ‘17, get used to the long wait...even longer with the shut down. (i have an EOD of early ‘19)

• Gotcha. Hurry up and wait more. But without the hurry. Thanks for the help guys. I can't imagine that this method of hiring will procure the cream of the crop or that your average applicant will want to stick around through this when other fed/state jobs are quicker to pick up.

Comment

• Exbpa340
      Exbpa340 commented
      Editing a comment
      What are the 2 positions?

• battlewagon
      battlewagon commented
      Editing a comment
      I mean most BP applicants don't have three letter agencies fighting over them. My class had 3 prior LEOs, 2/3 didn't have a degree, and most (including myself) were blue collar, <$15 hour wage workers. So yeah. And it isn't new. My current 1811 gig was 2.5 years and it is a big agency that hires relatively frequently, so it's not like it took that long due to it being some elite position with a lot of steps. That's not an insult, BP still runs in my blood. But I think you need to manage your federal hirng process expectations ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• micdrop451
      micdrop451 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, there is a lot of hurry, as soon as they contact you via e-mail/call you have a short period to respond or you'll lose your spot. For example, the polygraph. If you don't e-mail your polygrapher ASAP after offering you select dates to take the exam, you will lose your spot in the queue and have to wait for the next batch. There is a hurry portion but you'll be waiting a lot more. Just the way the feds work.

• OrdiOrdi
      OrdiOrdi commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea, I wish they would figure out a way to streamline the process... I applied in June... passed everything so far with ease... Literally havent heard a word since the first week of September... And what blows my mind is that I get NON STOP advertising from BP on Facebook and Instagram asking me to apply... So they are spending mad money on recruiting... such a waste of my tax money/their budget.

I'd happily start BPA training tomorrow if they'd let me... I'm in excellent shape, clean background, smart, educated, combat/war experience, current TS/SCI clearance...

It does seem like a great career.. probably better than than the Washington LEO jobs.

• I got the call today! Or 2 calls whichever you wanna call it! Received offers from both CBPO as well as BP. I'm ecstatic as I have options, but am open to hearing opinions on which direction I should go! I'm excited but want to make sure I make the right call I guess you could say. Love to hear from everyone in regards to this. Thanks!

Comment

• OrdiOrdi
      OrdiOrdi commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man... What was your timeline? I applied 7 months ago, passed the structure back in the beginning of Sept. havent heard a word since.

• jayeski3
      jayeski3 commented
      Editing a comment
      @OrdiOrdi
      My timeline is:
      12/7/17 Exam (BP)
      12/11/17 Exam (OFO)
      12/14/18 NOR
      Medical Exam 1/10/18
      Physical Fitness Test 1/18/18
      SI 2/14/18
      E-QIP 2/21/18
      Poly 6/12/18
      Poly NOR 6/26/18
      BI 10/2/18
      BI Cleared 11/5/18
      Drug Test 12/5/18
      TSU Email 12/5/18
      The Call 12/7/18

Felt like such a long road. Completed everything exactly one year to the day. I had one thing kicked back to me and it was a medical. Other than that I can count my blessings and say it was smooth.

• OrdiOrdi
      OrdiOrdi commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for posting... And congrats. BPA will be a great career... interesting work, can get out and do things, up on your feet, and a great salary... Enjoy it man! Best of luck to you!

• Russ81
      Russ81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Which agency did you choose?

• Originally posted by jayeski3 View Post
    I got the call today! Or 2 calls whichever you wanna call it! Received offers from both CBPO as well as BP. I'm ecstatic as I have options, but am open to hearing opinions on which direction I should go! I'm excited but want to make sure I make the right call I guess you could say. Love to hear from everyone in regards to this. Thanks!
    Unless Customs offered you your hometown, you would be a fool to take that over BP. You can join the agency that you sit in a booth and stamp passports while the supervisor watches you from the booth camera while reading the citizen complaint filed against you a few weeks ago because you didn't kiss their *** and say sir enough and make them feel special for returning to the country. Which isn't even your fault because on your seventh hour of the shift that happened on, your supervisor told you that you were going to have to work another shift, another eight making for an unplanned 16 hour shift, so you were tired and upset you were going to miss your cousins birthday barbeque. Which happened at the same time as the next lane over someone illegally entered the country by running through the port and your partner couldn't chase them because it is against customs policy.

​Or you can go out there and kick *** and live the dream.

Your call.
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      ;DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD...TSA with guns

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

Unless Customs offered you your hometown, you would be a fool to take that over BP. You can join the agency that you sit in a booth and stamp passports while the supervisor watches you from the booth camera while reading the citizen complaint filed against you a few weeks ago because you didn't kiss their *** and say sir enough and make them feel special for returning to the country. Which isn't even your fault because on your seventh hour of the shift that happened on, your supervisor told you that you were going to have to work another shift, another eight making for an unplanned 16 hour shift, so you were tired and upset you were going to miss your cousins birthday barbeque. Which happened at the same time as the next lane over someone illegally entered the country by running through the port and your partner couldn't chase them because it is against customs policy.

​Or you can go out there and kick *** and live the dream.

Your call.
    As a former CBPO, I agree 100% with this post!

Comment

• Ack all and good to know micdrop451, was considering only checking every so often. Thanks for the guidance.
      And OrdiOrdi, I KNOW! That is what is maddening. "Join the most elite Homeland Security Position out There!...We'll use all 2 of our applicant managers to sort through all of the applicants and get you the job you deserve!"

Comment

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        You two keep going on and on about complaining about the hiring process time when one of y'all had been in it since June, barely six months (if even). There was a time when BP hiring in the last few years was 2+ years when I came in until EAC Linda Jacksta and her team came in and seriously revamped and go time down to under a year for an applicant without any issues. If you think this is a long wait, you're going to have a bad time in the Patrol and federal government as a whole where things that revolve around seniority (read: almost all of it) are measured in half decades and decades. I'd say the BP hiring timeline is one of the best in the fed government right now for an off the street hire.

I'm sure y'all are just anxious, but surely sounds a lot more like complaining than impatience with the sudden expertise in advertising and recruiting and what the hiring time frame should be. Don't mind me though I'm just being a grouch. The wait is worth it. Greatest job in the federal government.

• OrdiOrdi
        OrdiOrdi commented
        Editing a comment
        deleted post
        Last edited by OrdiOrdi; 12-09-2018, 05:32 PM.

• OrdiOrdi
        OrdiOrdi commented
        Editing a comment
        deleted post
        Last edited by OrdiOrdi; 12-09-2018, 05:32 PM.

• micdrop451
        micdrop451 commented
        Editing a comment
        battlewagon this is MILD compared to OFO's forum. The applicants there are constantly complaining about how medical is taking 6 months due to a red flag from a visit to a shrink. I'm not going to lie, it sucks being in the BI portion since July but that's my fault due to my "complex" background. Can't blame anyone except me and standby for Uncle Sam to flip the switch.

• Thanks for the heads up battlewagon, I had no idea that it used to be a 2 year process. Sure glad that's not what I'm looking at now.

Comment

• You have to think too... there may not be THAT many people working in CBP HR to process apps... it could be 1 or 2 people
        Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
        Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• i might have finally passed the poly, i've done about 3 polygraphs for this agency and 2 for other agencies and this is the first time there wasn't a post test interrogation in fact he said i should be good. I know i'm taking it with a bucket of salt but i'm still feeling pretty good about it
          officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Not sure if I asked this already but if I applied out of San Diego what are the odds of receiving a San Diego duty station?

Comment

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              Where you apply out of is irrelevant. To the opposite, like said above, you can be assured you won't get a station within 100 miles of your home address

• beeyoh
              beeyoh commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea, I live in San Diego. Bummer. Well I hope i can move back to El Paso then.

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              What regions did you selecy when you applied

• beeyoh
              beeyoh commented
              Editing a comment
              I selected San Diego, El Paso and i forgot the last one somewhere in Arizona

• Ive done 50% of the process and still haven’t taken drug or poly. Anyone else in the same boat?

Comment

• OrdiOrdi
              OrdiOrdi commented
              Editing a comment
              Same boat... Last thing I did was the structured, first week of September. Not a word since. Sitting at 50% and "in progress".

• Llopez94
              Llopez94 commented
              Editing a comment
              In my experience Poly is next and then the background investigation. Drug test is the last thing. I am just waiting for the drug test and a job offer. The background does take a while. So you will most likely be waiting a couple months more.

• Lay_Tactical
              Lay_Tactical commented
              Editing a comment
              I should be meeting with background investigator soon.

• micdrop451
              micdrop451 commented
              Editing a comment
              If you haven't passed your poly and don't have an active TS clearance, no you will not be meeting with a BI soon. That is one of the final steps in the process AFTER you pass your poly.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6837 users online. 250 members and 6587 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X