Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else apply under the 18-5 announcement that is still waiting on something? I feel like im the only one that has something missing.

Comment

• Mf821
      Mf821 commented
      Editing a comment
      There are still 17's and early 18's waiting.

• beeyoh
      beeyoh commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for that....Definitely reassuring.

• Dyno93
      Dyno93 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m an 18-5 too. Took my SI in June and still waiting for my medical to clear..I sent additional info in July.

• Hello there everyone, I am new to this forum. Vacancy 18-3, I am 63% with just a pending bi and drug test left. From the Newark NJ area, anxious for these Border Patrol dreams to come true. Feel free to detail your progress below.

Comment

• Llopez94
      Llopez94 commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too I am exactly in the same place. Hopefully everything goes through quick.

• Hey everyone,

I just got started in the CBPO process and I already feel that im moving faster than what I have been seeing. I'm 13 percent completed and currently right now I have my medical, SI, and Background already in progress. Has this happened to anyone else before?

Comment

• Mf821
      Mf821 commented
      Editing a comment
      Everything moves quickly at first then slows down when you get to poly and background.

• Any chances of being offered a position near the Canadian Border instead of SW border after completing all the steps? Im 18-13 GL-9 VRA.

Comment

• Mf821
      Mf821 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, there isn't really any chance.

• raptor170
      raptor170 commented
      Editing a comment
      10-4 I do appreciate it!

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      They may come out with another northern border announcement like they did in 2010. However, it's unlikely that they would place people on the northern border from these recent announcements.

• I remember when they came out with those Northern Border announcements back in 2010. They would hire folks under the announcement and then place them at southern border station for like 6 months (give or take) to get some SWB experience . During their time on the SWB they would get per diem. I remember thinking that it was a huge waste of money. They could have solicited unpaid relocations to the Northern Border for current agents and then replenished those vacant positions on the SWB with new agents. They already had SWB experience and I guarantee they would have paid the Border Patrol for the transfer. Instead they paid months of per diem for thousands of agents. Just to give you guys a picture of the cost. Nowaday, per diem for travel and TDYs is like $59 per day. For a thousand agents at 6 months, that's like 10 million dollars. I remember a number of agent on the SWB that were from places like, Buffalo, Rochester, Detroit, Montana and Spokane were ****ed! I remember I was partnering with one of the Northern Border agents one day, and he said that he thought he applied to and was hired with OFO. He didn't realize BP was a separate agency. He actually though BP was the SRT component of OFO! He was under this impression until he arrived at our station. This guy went through the hiring process, the on boarding process, and the academy thinking he was with OFO!
    OUT!!

Comment

• I met with my BI Aug 9th. Another one contacted me on Aug 13th regarding a question at my previous work site. On Aug 28th, a different investigator visited a reference home, my residence as well as my workplace. Haven't heard anything since then. Does this warrant an e-mail to my case manager?

Comment

• Mf821
        Mf821 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's probably turned it and just waiting to be adjudicated. It was about 5 weeks for me from the last anyone heard from my BI to when it was adjudicated.

• micdrop451
        micdrop451 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mf821 still waiting. I found out from my school that an investigator pulled my transcript from them.

• Hey guys, had my structured interview 5 weeks ago (beginning of Sept), passed... Havent heard a word since. Anyone know the next steps or if I should contact someone? Anyone else waiting here too?

Comment

• micdrop451
        micdrop451 commented
        Editing a comment
        Standby to get sum.

• Hello everyone, I am in the 18-3 and I am currently in my background investigation. I met my investigator back in July 19 and he met with all my references and visited my work. On August 29 I got an email that I had a preliminary background and that I had to sign an advisory letter for my case to be closed. I signed it and sent it through e-mail on August 29 and my background is still in process. Is that normal?

Comment

• Anyone seeing any movement? Had my structured in the beginning of September... passed... literally not a single word since. Going on 2 months.

Comment

• micdrop451
          micdrop451 commented
          Editing a comment
          OrdiOrdi Think they're bottlenecked. No movement for a lot of folks. I'm waiting on final adjudication for my BI and it's been close to a month now.

• For the guys who already got their BI cleared, what are some things that will disqualify you? Im asking because we went through my credit history and i have real bad credit. Is that something that is gunna hurt my investigation?

Comment

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          Set up a payment plan and make good faith efforts. They're not looking for people with squeaky clean credit. Its expected to find people with debt and unemployment with the way the economy has been over the years. If you just sit on your thumbs and make no effort then yeah you won't get through.

• beeyoh
          beeyoh commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea i've called the credit collection agencies and ive told them my plan but its just i am the sole provider of a family of 4 and i live in San Diego and only making 14$ an hour so its really tough. But i understand what you guys are saying. Thanks

• TedMosby
          TedMosby commented
          Editing a comment
          Worse advice ever! DO NOT CALL THE COLLECTION AGENCY. the moment you call them, you have confirmed your identity and admit that collection is yours. Collection agencies buy your debt pennies on the dollar and turn around and find you to make you pay the full amount; even though they did not pay the full amount from the original creditor. When you call the collection agency, you then RESTART the timeline of them having to report the collection debt to the three credit bureaus. When you haven't paid the collection and call to set up a payment plan or start making payments on the debt, you then RESTART the timeline of them having to report the collection debt to the three credit bureaus.

It doesn't matter if the collection is 1 day old or 3 years old, the damage is the same no matter when it was placed and the damage is already done. The BEST thing you can do to help yourself, is find a credit repair company or small local company that repairs peoples credit for a one time fee and/or monthly fee. When you get into one of these programs, you can have them write you a letter saying 1. you are repairing your credit with them 2. You have been repairing your credit with them since X amount of time. 3. This is what your credit score was before you started the program and what your credit score is now. THIS will work in many cases for almost any PD. I'm not sure about federal but i would think it wouldn't be a big deal. This shows a BI that you are aware of the collection(s) and are doing something about it. If a collection was recently( within a day or two) added to your credit report, call the original creditor and try to settle the debt with a payment plan so that way they don't sell your debt to some collection agency and that agency starts reporting the debt. This works. PM me if you have any other questions concerning credit. I'd be more than happy to pass a long the information i've learned

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry I haven't commented on your post, I didn't get any notifications that there were replies. With federal backgrounds IE security clearances you need to show you are making an effort to settle whatever debt you have. You need to have a game plan set up. You mentioned you are the sole provider of a family of 4 correct? In the event that you tried and are unable to repay your debts, that is an understandable reason for not being able to take care of them. Like I said previously it is expected to find non perfect financial situations because of the economy. All the BI and government is trying to do is make sure you aren't susceptible to being coerced into doing something illegal while holding a position of trust, in this case a border patrol agent. They want to make sure you aren't gonna help cartels move drugs so you can pay off your personal debts.

• Are you paying on your debts? Do you have any delinquent accounts?

Comment

• Hi I did my polygraph yesterday in Miami fl,it was inconclusive,anyone known how long take to have a answer if I will have a second chance or disqualification
          Last edited by Edsarria; 11-03-2018, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• micdrop451
            micdrop451 commented
            Editing a comment
            Edsarria Your polygraph examiner said it was inconclusive or that you failed and it was up to QC? Two different things. Need further clarification.

• He said you didn't fail but I can't said then you pass,I will recommend you for a 2 chance,the result was inconclusive
          Last edited by Edsarria; 11-05-2018, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• micdrop451
            micdrop451 commented
            Editing a comment
            Edsarria It's up to QC then. He could recommend a 2nd poly but if QC disagrees, then your DQ'd for 2 years. If they do, then you'll be given another chance.

• Thanks you micdrop451

Comment

• Just had another meeting with my BI Investigator said he was done meeting with everyone and we went over anything that didnt add up in my first interview with him and would be sending everything out today. Anyone have a clue to how long it'll take to hear from them again?

Comment

• Mf821
            Mf821 commented
            Editing a comment
            A month to 6 months.

• beeyoh
            beeyoh commented
            Editing a comment
            Dang. I knew it was too good to be true. He said by the end of the week lol. Kind of got my hopes up. I just want this to be over already!!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7260 users online. 301 members and 6959 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X