Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i had my 2nd polygraph today which was pretty much the same thing as the 1st one, i'm getting sick of this
    Last edited by hexen220; 08-02-2018, 05:29 PM.
    officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Does anyone happen to know if the BP entrance exam has changed recently?

Comment

• JJ221
        JJ221 commented
        Editing a comment
        It may have. According to the latest job announcement, test scores prior to August 5, 2018, are no longer valid. Also states "A new entrance examination will be in effect with this announcement. All applicants applying to this announcement must take the new entrance examination, regardless of whether you passed or failed in the last six months."
        Last edited by JJ221; 08-08-2018, 10:34 PM.

• So I applied for BPA under VRA GL9 18-12, I got an email this morning from USAStaffingOffice saying I was referred and tentatively selected for Border Patrol Agent GL-1896-9. So I go and fill out the onboarding stuff, go back to check my USAJobs and it says I was Not Referred.

I look at my CBPO VRA GS9 18-12 and despite getting an almost identical email, applying the same day with the same resume, it say I was selected. What the heck.

Comment

• Originally posted by KJB View Post
        So I applied for BPA under VRA GL9 18-12, I got an email this morning from USAStaffingOffice saying I was referred and tentatively selected for Border Patrol Agent GL-1896-9. So I go and fill out the onboarding stuff, go back to check my USAJobs and it says I was Not Referred.

I look at my CBPO VRA GS9 18-12 and despite getting an almost identical email, applying the same day with the same resume, it say I was selected. What the heck.
        USAjobs is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is the CASS applicant tracker or whatever they call it now. It isn't uncommon for guys to be hired for jobs and be on duty for months with USAjobs showing applications as 'pending'.

If you dont have access to the application tracker yet, you can always email MHC to ask your status.
        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• KJB
          KJB commented
          Editing a comment
          I got the CBP Jobs app on my phone but I don't have my BPA app on it quite yet. I just thought it was weird that USAJobs says I wasn't referred when I actually was, as far as I know, it's never done that to me before.

• Well I checked the other day and my medical finally cleared. Everything is complete except my background. Hoping that everything moves along quickly but also know not to expect it to happen right away.

Comment

• Dyno93
          Dyno93 commented
          Editing a comment
          How long did it take for you medical to clear? I sent in my additional info about a month ago. Also still waiting on my polygraph,passed my SI about 10 weeks ago now.

• dawoobie
          dawoobie commented
          Editing a comment
          I originally took my medical 3/9. Was asked to provide additional information 5/30 and submitted that on 6/28. Medical officially cleared 8/22. So overall it was just shy of 6 months.

• Dyno93
          Dyno93 commented
          Editing a comment
          I read further down you also got your polygraph scheduled after sending in additional Med info. Unfortunately, I haven’t been as lucky and I’m still waiting for either my medical to clear so my poly get scheduled or to be contacted about my poly. Took my medical exam in April.

• Just got confirmation that I have been referred to TSU. I originally chose the Tucson Sector back when I first applied and I am still fine with Arizona. That being said, assuming I am offered a few options, I am looking for some input as to what the better options would be within that sector. I would rather have my mind made up now rather than trying to figure everything out last minute. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: So I wasn't expecting to get the call that fast but I was offered 18 different locations. Only two in Arizona which I had originally selected. I decided to go with El Cajon, CA.

EOD: 9/17/18
        FLETC: 9/20/18 - 3/12/19
        Last edited by dawoobie; 08-28-2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• dawoobie
          dawoobie commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I leave in 2 weeks. Academy starts the 20th of September for me.

EOD: 9/17/18
          FLETC: 9/20/18 - 3/12/19

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          Word, that's not too bad. They called me on a Wednesday afternoon on the east coast and said be in Texas Monday. Definitely worth the pain in the *** to shuffle and scoot boots in such a short time frame. Good luck, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Been a few years since I went through the academy, but I have a good friend I recruited to BP at the academy now, and another acquaintance, so I can get you updated info if mine is outdated.

• dawoobie
          dawoobie commented
          Editing a comment
          While I feel like I wouldn't be able to leave on such short notice like you did, I also know that I would have made it work regardless. I'm definitely glad I have the 2 weeks. Only thing that made it kind of difficult was already being scheduled at work for that week and feeling guilty about leaving them hanging but after putting in my notice I stopped feeling bad.

I definitely appreciate that! I have been going around a few different forums to see if I can find anyone else with the same dates as me and have found a few, even found someone that chose El Cajon as well. I will be taking you up on that offer to ask questions for sure. Just waiting for them to email the instructions as far as what I am expected to bring with me and everything else.

• dannyboy33
          dannyboy33 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow you got offered El Cajon, ca? That’s unbelievable. I am Extremely jealous and never would have thought they would offer anything in California. Bravo man, bravo!

• Just curious, but i'm in the process right now to be a border patrol agent. I've got two years of LEO experience( with extradition training, drug training) and qualified as GL-9. Everything was moving pretty quickly for me i,e, medical, fitness test, SI,EQIP. I finally got my email about four or five weeks ago saying my EQIP was sent to OPR and my background has begun. I haven't heard from an investigator or anyone since then and it seems like the process has slowed way down. Is this normal at this stage in the process? I know federal backgrounds take a bit longer than a standard police one.

Side note: I know when they did my medical the place I went to messed up and forgot to check my uncorrected vision because I wear contacts. Would that slow me down?

Comment

• From my experience, medical is what slowed me down. Is yours cleared in CASS yet? I ended up waiting about 6 months for that to finally clear. However, I was able to clear the rest of the steps before it finally cleared itself. As far as the background, field investigation doesn't start until you pass the polygraph and even then it isn't right away, especially if you are provisional clear. I got the final offer the beginning of the week and one of my friends is meeting with my investigator today.

Edit: Sorry, meant to comment....

Comment

• zcarey26
            zcarey26 commented
            Editing a comment
            interestingly enough, not 10 minutes after I posted this they called. Apparently when they did my medical eval, they forgot to take my uncorrected vision which slowed things down. I had to call my eye doctor who then told me they're booked until late September which is when my deadline was. Luckily I called CBP medical office and they told me as long as I got my updated lens/uncorrected eye information from the doctor I could just email that over and be set. So hopefully i'll be on to the Polygraph and get this over with. I'm ready to work.

• dawoobie
            dawoobie commented
            Editing a comment
            About a week after I submitted my extra medical information, I got an email from the poly examiner to set everything up. A lot of people were telling me that they wouldn't schedule the poly without having completely cleared medical but my medical was basically the last thing to clear. Hopefully the same is true for you and you hear from them soon to get the ball rolling with the last few steps.

• zcarey26
            zcarey26 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah thats what I'm hoping. I haven't even heard from my background investigator, my EQIP went through on the first try with no errors. Hopefully the medical pushes everything through. Appreciate the info.

• dawoobie
            dawoobie commented
            Editing a comment
            From what I have gathered, the investigator won't actually start contacting anyone until after you resubmit your e-QIP and clear the poly. I mean, I still haven't spoken with my investigator and they have only spoken to one of my references so far. I'm running short on time to meet with my investigator before I leave but I did sign the provisional clear so I am expecting to meet with them while at academy.

Any insight I can offer I will be more than happy to pass on. Unfortunately it seems like we all have unique experiences throughtout the process so I may not be as much help.

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• SHU
            SHU commented
            Editing a comment
            Well for one they don't have a checkpoint. That is massive. You can live all over San Diego or even south western Riverside county. ECJ is not in BFE so you don't have to drive up the 8 freeway on your time. You get to drive up the 8 freeway on uncle sugar's time.

And you get to buy food on uncle sugar's time on your way to the field at In and Out right down the street from the station. Or starbucks that is 70 yards down from In and Out. Or you can stop in Alpine at Albertson's and go to Subway or Starbucks, again, or get your food at Albertsons. They cook great ribs out front on Saturday. ECJ PAs are like firemen walking around that damn Albertsons getting all of their food for the day.

PAs who work at CAO or Blvd will hate your guts that you got ECJ. I've seen it take PAs 16 or 18 years to leave CAO to get to ECJ. They had to suck it up for close to 2 decades for what you have just been offered day one. Remember that and don't ever complain about working at ECJ. I know many PAs there and the ones who got ECJ from day one never really appreciated it the same way other agents who came from harsh stations. It is a very senior station so do a lot of watching and listening but not much talking. You will eat sheet for years there as a nugget. Suck it up and take it. You won the lottery. Also the best Jiu Jitsu schools on the planet earth are in San Diego. Take advantage of that. You might need it in the bottom of some canyon one day. Good luck.

You have been given a wonderful opportunity. Don't F it up.
            Last edited by SHU; 09-01-2018, 08:58 PM.

• dawoobie
            dawoobie commented
            Editing a comment
            This is the kind of information that I need to be hearing. I have been wanting this job since I applied back in January and have made sure that I am on top of my game to even just get to this point. I know I would be foolish to mess it all up now. At the end of the day, all that you have said just fires me up more. These next couple of weeks can't end faster although I know I should be making the most of them as well.

• beeyoh
            beeyoh commented
            Editing a comment
            If i applied out of El Cajon is there any chance of me being able to get it as priority since im from here?

BTW i just passed my polygraph and waiting for my background to clear

• mxxdude
            mxxdude commented
            Editing a comment
            Beeyoh, you actually won’t be offered anything within 100 miles of where you are applying due to the 100 me rule. So almost all of the SoCal stations will be a no go I believe

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Exbpa340
            Exbpa340 commented
            Editing a comment
            Temecula was my last duty station in the Patrol. Not necessarily the best work but inexpensive housing, LA locality and and excellent schools.

• Exbpa340
            Exbpa340 commented
            Editing a comment
            I spent the majority of my BP time at BRF so I’m pretty familiar with ECJ area of operations.

• Congrats on El Cajon, I'll be down the road in CHU come November. They've been offering Chula to us noobs for a a little while.
          Last edited by FederalHopeful; 09-03-2018, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• dawoobie
            dawoobie commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks man and congrats on Chula Vista! You EOD then or are you finishing academy at that point?

Seems to be the same with El Cajon at this point. I was able to find someone on another forum that EODs the same day as me for El Cajon. Just under two weeks to EOD and I am getting more and more amped as it approaches.

• FederalHopeful
            FederalHopeful commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ll be finishing up. 7 weeks to go.

I was also offered Campo and a couple coveted AZ stations

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't say Casa Grande

• FederalHopeful
            FederalHopeful commented
            Editing a comment
            Casa Grande was not offered lol. I would have jumped on that if it was. I did get offered Brian Terry and Sonoita if I remember right.

• I was told by a recruiter that if I didn't hear anything from the Poly Scheduling team after 10 weeks of taking the SI to email them my app id and some other information to get it schedule. Just curious to see if this is a real thing or one of those "rush to get you off the phone because he wasn't really sure" type things? Anybody encountered this or done it and received a decent turn around in response times?

Comment

• RaspiestShrimp
            RaspiestShrimp commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm guessing you're in the 18-8 hiring announcement? I did my SI and Medical 10 weeks ago and have not heard anything about what's up with my medical, or when my poly will be scheduled....

• JayFutureLEO
            JayFutureLEO commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm with the 18-6 announcement. I got a email on the 31st saying my med reciprocity was forwarded to the med team (I submitted this stuff on like June 6th) So I'm assuming that atleast the medical process is rolling again.

• RaspiestShrimp
            RaspiestShrimp commented
            Editing a comment
            JayFutureLEO Check out the forums through honorfirst.com. Probably a better place to post your question!

• OrdiOrdi
            OrdiOrdi commented
            Editing a comment
            I passed the structure 33 days ago... havent heard a word since. Nothing.

• Hi guys im new to this forum but ive gone through almost everything for the Border Patrol hiring process and i just passed my polygraph on Sept. 5th how long do i wait till i get my Background investigation interview and the drug test? When should i quit my job that im at now?
          Last edited by beeyoh; 09-12-2018, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Mf821
            Mf821 commented
            Editing a comment
            No, still looking at about 6 months.

• dawoobie
            dawoobie commented
            Editing a comment
            When did you get confirmation about passing your poly? It is going to be different for everyone but I don't know that it would really be 6 more months. I took my poly July 20th and was officially offered a position August 28th, so just over a month later. The guys that I am going to EOD with have similar timelines, that roughly a month after confirmation of their poly passing they were called with an offer.

• beeyoh
            beeyoh commented
            Editing a comment
            Passed my poly on sept 5th.

• LEO 1234
            LEO 1234 commented
            Editing a comment
            So how long after poly did you have BI Interview ? Or did you get a hold of BI

• Passed BPA PFT today, tomorrow I CBPO PFT and CBPO/BPA medical...

Comment

• I applied to the BPA DH GL9 18-13 announcement last week and was notified of tentative selection this week. I did the on-boarding assignments today, and noticed that there was no mention made of an entrance examination. Additionally, I took no examination when I initially applied. However, I took the HSI exam back in July. Does Border Patrol require the passing of a written exam? If so, could it be that my HSI exam was used for the Border patrol application as well? If this has previously been answered I apologize. I am new to the Border Patrol forum.

Comment

• Mf821
              Mf821 commented
              Editing a comment
              No test for GL 9 applications.

• mxxdude
              mxxdude commented
              Editing a comment
              No entrance exam for GL-9 . Only GL 5-7

• jonesdr
              jonesdr commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome thanks for the info!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9288 users online. 474 members and 8814 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X