Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's going to be needs of the patrol, and I haven't heard of new hires going to San Diego in quite sometime. I actually went to drill once a month while I was attending the AMO academy. I found a unit fairly close, explained my circumstances and they let me drill with them, and my unit was cool with it. I still got paid each month.

Depending on on your job in the AF, you might be able to find another unit in a different state and still do the same AF job. What job in the AF Reserve do you do?

Comment

• Dman1989
      Dman1989 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm a KC-135 Crew Chief. Aircraft mechanic basically. Not too many bases have aerial refuelers so I guess that would be one of my biggest hurdles is to find one.

• DiverB72
      DiverB72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Arizona ANG still has tankers. 161st ARW. BP work in AZ is great and it doesn't cost a fortune to live in AZ

• Dman1989
      Dman1989 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking of Arizona. I know a few people in my unit who live in Phoenix that commute for drill weekends. I suppose I can see if I can transfer to ANG or just stay in my unit and do the commute. Thanks for the info. It's been really helpful.

• FederalHopeful
      FederalHopeful commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm the only person in my academy class that's going to SD. We started with 51. Most people are going to Texas

• So is the timeline for hearing back from HRM about medical between 1-3 months? I took mine about 5 weeks ago and its been crickets since..

Comment

• i did my polygraph earlier today, the examiner said ill probably have to retest and his explanation for the inconsistency didn't even make sense. i didn't admit to anything but whatever hopefully ill get to retest unlike last agency
      officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Has anyone applying for BPA received a NOPA? (Notice Of Proposed Action). I received one for marijuana usage that was over 6 years ago, while I was in high school. I currently work for a county jail and have a bachelors degree, no other arrests, or detains. I was wondering if anyone has had the same experience, and what was the outcome of that? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Dyno93
          Dyno93 commented
          Editing a comment
          HonorFirst has a good write up on NOPA’s and how to respond to them. You should check there,if you articulate why you won’t do it again and present a case you should be okay. A lot of people get NOPA.

• Is there any upcoming dates for FLETC for BPA that you guys know of?

Comment

• Mf821
          Mf821 commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe it's every 2 weeks a class starts.

• 18-8 GS-7 applicant, received a vacancy notification and "have been tentatively selected to begin the pre-employment process for the position of Border Patrol Agent". I am graduating with my BA in December, and am just wondering if there any sort of timeline I should be expecting? I only ask as I am on various amounts of exam lists here in NY.

Comment

• I just applied to a BPA announcement. Ive been through the whole hiring process for the USSS UD and waiting on a call from them, but I am really interested in the Border Patrol. Does anyone know if the process will move quicker because I have already had a polygraph and a background investigation done by the Secret Service?

Comment

• Originally posted by NC/336-SSUD View Post
            I just applied to a BPA announcement. Ive been through the whole hiring process for the USSS UD and waiting on a call from them, but I am really interested in the Border Patrol. Does anyone know if the process will move quicker because I have already had a polygraph and a background investigation done by the Secret Service?
            If you have a favorably adjudicated polygraph with another federal agencies, you can apply for a polygraph waiver when you get to that step with the Border Patrol. However, BP will still conduct its own background. Good news for you is your eQip will be the same so you wont have to do much work there.
            UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• NC/336-SSUD
              NC/336-SSUD commented
              Editing a comment
              Typically how long is the process for Border Patrol?

• FederalHopeful
              FederalHopeful commented
              Editing a comment
              Mine took 10 months from application to academy. It is different for everyone

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe the current estimates from the agency are 5/6 months up to 11. Though the lower end is unlikely, many of my friends who went through managed to get to the end of the process right under a year. If you BI goes quickly and you don't have any 'medical issues' or followups needed, you will be at job offer pretty quick.

• Quick question, I am getting reading to apply to one of the VRA announcements for BPA and I was wondering if I would qualify for the GS-9 grade.

I am currently a GS-6 step 2 with CBP in an 1802 series, I will be finishing up my BA in Criminal Justice with SAA, and I am a 5 point Vet. However I was only a reservist (Army Corrections and Detention) with a year deployment to Guantanamo Bay. Im basing my year of specialized experience on what i did in Cuba (Detainee Ops). I would be fine taking the GS-7 obviously but I'm wondering if i should just apply for the 9 and if I don't qualify then apply for the 7? Or just apply for both announcements? Thanks

Comment

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              Apply both.

• mxxdude
              mxxdude commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, your info has been good reference when I am browsing these forums. So I assume I apply under both announcements and then follow the rest of the announcement to whichever one i am eligible for?

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              They will determine your eligibility for both announcements. If you are found eligible for the 9, you'd be found eligible for the lesser as well. But in case they dont find you eligible for the 9, youll still move forward on the 5/7

• VRA applicants can get up to GS-11 as long as they meet the experience requirements
            Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
            USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
            "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
            Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Originally posted by J2H View Post
              VRA applicants can get up to GS-11 as long as they meet the experience requirements
              By policy VRA appointments can be made up to GS 11 but under BPA VRA announcements the maximum grade is GL 9.
              “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
              DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

• Does anyone know if there are plans to expand the polygraph waiver for Veterans? From what I hear, there was a bill for it, but wound up getting stalled in the House. Any developments?

Comment

• hexen220
                  hexen220 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  that would be nice because i'm doing my second poly next week :/

• Is credit score a large determining factor? Also does state certified officers get any preference or does it even matter?

Comment

• BPRIO
                  BPRIO commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you have collection accounts, start paying on them. Even if it's minimal payments. Show you have a plan to get out on whatever credit issues you may have, it will pay dividends during the adjudication process.

• Originally posted by lrjackson View Post
                Is credit score a large determining factor? Also does state certified officers get any preference or does it even matter?
                If you have a 410 with accounts in collection and defaulted accounts and a bankruptcy, yeah, that will be an issue. However a low credit score with no derogatory remarks is fine. Remember, there are plenty of 18 and 19 year olds appyling who probably have sub 600 scores simply because they dont have a history of credit, but they don't have derogatory issues.

You get no preference other than being eligible for a higher starting pay, GL7 or GL9
                UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• LEO 1234
                  LEO 1234 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What about a voluntary car repo and two credit cards accounts show up as closed

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6189 users online. 219 members and 5970 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X