Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New applicant here 18-3 GL-5 for Tucson/Yuma sector, looking forward to everything as I've read majority of this thread & soaked up tons of info. Best of luck to everybody who came before me & currently in the process.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Hello everyone, I applied to posting 17-11, I had my SI on November 6th. I'm still waiting on the call for a polygraph exam, anybody aware of how long it may take for that? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by swill323 View Post
          Hello everyone, I applied to posting 17-11, I had my SI on November 6th. I'm still waiting on the call for a polygraph exam, anybody aware of how long it may take for that? Thanks.
          you had your interview a month before me but i still haven't scheduled my poly either
          Last edited by hexen220; 01-06-2018, 08:13 AM.
          officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• This wait is fucking killing me. No call from my BI since mid December. I swear my file is sitting on an adjudicator's desk right now.

Comment

• What's up guys. It's been a while since I have been on here. Decided to go fed side now and applied for CBP GL-9 position. I am eligible for the position and qualified for the CBP frontline hiring position. Can anyone help to explain what exactly this means....? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• battlewagon
                battlewagon commented
                Editing a comment
                CBP Officer or Border Patrol Agent?

• It's for Border Patrol Agent

Comment

• I have a few questions lol sorry 1.How long after you pass the polygraph should u get a call for drug test? 2.how long after that should you get your academy date? 3. can i still start the academy without my BI being cleared? reason i ask is because in November I got an email stating that my packet was sent to "higher review" but I'm almost finished with the process and i have yet to hear anything. thank you. I'm (17-10 announcement)

Comment

• Hey guys I have two questions. 1) How long is the average time from application to start of the academy approximately? 2) How many trips to a testing site and where are the testing locations? New to the BPA hiring process and need to plan ahead for time off and flights.

Comment

• Is the Border Patrol Academy para-military like local law enforcement where they yell at you to break you down and build you back up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fullblown View Post
                      Is the Border Patrol Academy para-military like local law enforcement where they yell at you to break you down and build you back up?
                      They only yell at you at the beginning. Get off my bus, that whole routine. And then each division will do it for the first few times; the first few times you get to firearms, PT, etc. From that point on, you usually only get it when you deserve it, and during PT sessions. Classes march together everywhere, and it is paramilitary in structure. Inspections, being quizzed while in formation, so on.
                      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Fullblown
                        Fullblown commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for the response.

• hey guys i just took my poly today and I'm unsure if i passed my examiner said i was all over the place. He said that 3 things can happen since i was unreadable 1. i might get disqualified 2. i might get a retest at 3. I passed. he told me in his book i barely met the requirements of the data but he doesn't decide who passes or not its up to D.C. the advice i leave you guys is just be calm and well rested i was dozing off during the poly and i feel thats what messed me up. pray for me and good luck

Comment

• Fullblown
                        Fullblown commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I've taken polygraphs in the past. You can usually get a feel of the examiner when your done with the test if you passed or not. They will not tell you your results. If your results are inconclusive, it's usually up to the hiring board if they want to give you a second test. Otherwise, they can give you the DQ. In your situation, dozing off is definitely something you shouldn't do. Examiners always tell you to pay attention to each question asked. Good luck.

• dtru25
                        dtru25 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        yea so have i this one was different then all the ones I've taken he told me that the data was spiking up on majority of the question for ex) are the lights on? i would answer yes which for him was weird its not that i was being untruthful he just said that i might be moving to much or he thinks that I'm really nervous. even though i was dozing off i did not once mess up a question he just said that caused my breathing to be different. i have no clue but like i said I've taken 2 polys before 1 for LAPD and the other for Fullerton PD and i passed both so yea no clue why this time it was different. good luck to you was well.

• My e-qip was just sent to opr. How long should I anticipate for my interview? Also how is the medical not cleared yet? I did it almost 3 months ago.

Comment

• Any 17-6 applicants still waiting?

Comment

• hey guys i just want to let you know that i got invited back for a 2nd poly! the examiner called me yesterday and told me he just wanted to ask me a few more questions and said it wouldn't be as long he sounded as if it wasn't a big deal so hope i get a fore sure pass on my poly. I am scheduled to do it again on 2/6/18 so it took about 10 days to get a call back and like 2 weeks for another poly. does anyone know how long after completing the poly you should get "the call"? i still have to clear my BI and take a drug test.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12446 users online. 483 members and 11963 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X