Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17-9 applicant. Drug screening changed to green today, process now showing 67% complete, with only my background investigation remaining. Meeting with the BI today for the last time, so hopefully there is an end in sight in the near future.

Comment

• of course when i submitted all my follow up medical paperwork the only forms they told me not to submit and now out of date
      officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Originally posted by hexen220 View Post
        of course when i submitted all my follow up medical paperwork the only forms they told me not to submit and now out of date
        Anyone happen to know how to get a copy of your actual VA compensation exam?
        officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Go to the VA hospital that did it
          Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
          "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
          Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• so i`m pretty sure the medical review unit didn`t get any of the documents i mailed to them eventhough they send me an email letting me know they received the documents they requested, i guess ill have to email it to them lol

Comment

• FederalHopeful
              FederalHopeful commented
              Editing a comment
              They have them, the med review unit works very slow. Don't expect much movement for a month or so depending on the issue. There's a 1000 other applicants and I doubt they get any bonuses for expediting anyone through.

I e-mailed them all my documents for faster processing, but it made little difference. They work at their own pace.

• hexen220
              hexen220 commented
              Editing a comment
              no, no after snail mailing it to them and them confirming they received the documents, they requested the same documents a second time as if i never sent them any,
              Last edited by hexen220; 12-28-2017, 05:52 AM.

• Received the call this morning. EOD of 2/5/18 with academy running from 2/8/18 to 7/25/18. Ajo, Wilcox, and Douglas duty stations available within Arizona Sector. Any advice/thoughts to any of these duty stations?

Comment

• Originally posted by OCN_1 View Post
              Received the call this morning. EOD of 2/5/18 with academy running from 2/8/18 to 7/25/18. Ajo, Wilcox, and Douglas duty stations available within Arizona Sector. Any advice/thoughts to any of these duty stations?
              Wilcox is a checkpoint, and Ajo is 60-90+ minute commute one way to live somewhere decent. Both Wilcox and Douglas can live in Sierra Vista. Ajo us probably the best station for work and getting into **** and you will gain seniority if you stick around, but dat commute tho
              UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
              "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• OCN_1
                OCN_1 commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m 22 and single, gimme your best option haha

• C/O G
                C/O G commented
                Editing a comment
                Could I P/M you battlewagon?

• battlewagon
                battlewagon commented
                Editing a comment
                Sure, send it

• Originally posted by OCN_1 View Post
              Received the call this morning. EOD of 2/5/18 with academy running from 2/8/18 to 7/25/18. Ajo, Wilcox, and Douglas duty stations available within Arizona Sector. Any advice/thoughts to any of these duty stations?
              Wilcox is mostly checkpoint work but you can live in Vail, AZ which is 15 minutes from Tucson which is just about the best border city you can live in, behind San Diego. Vail also has a great school district and lots of jobs in nearby Tucson for your spouse (if you had one). Douglas' nickname is dogass. If you work in Douglas you will live in Serria Vista. Not a lot going on there but it does have stuff. Just a small town with an Army base nearby. Since you are single Wilcox is the way to go. Lots of young people in Tucson with the University of Arizona there with lots of bars. Even though the work might be better in Dogass, your off time/life will be far better living in Vail so you can go to Tucson on your days off. Take Wilcox. Ajo is not even a consideration. It sucks.
              Last edited by SHU; 12-28-2017, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• I did 5 years in Ajo, spent close to 2.5 yrs on horse patrol there. I actually lived in Ajo, so I didn't have to drive back and forth. I was a single guy when I lived there and I lived for the job. I recently visited Ajo with my future spouse last month, other than the new BP station, Ajo is still Ajo.

I'm glad I had the chance to experience real old school work there, great bunch of guys when I was there. At this point in my career I would never go back, but my time in Ajo was worth it. If you can work in Ajo, you can work dang near anywhere. I personally would not want to work a Check point station day in and day out. I say if your single and want to experience what the patrol has to offer with ATV's, HPU, sign cut, and tracking, consider Ajo. When you leave Ajo in 5 or 6 years, you will have earned a PH.D in BP work and have some amazing experiences.

just my .02

Comment

• battlewagon
                  battlewagon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good advice here. Pretty much life in the BP; better the station, usually worse the living conditions or commute. Like I mentioned above, Ajo is probably one of the best working stations in the country, but you pay for it by either having to live in Ajo or commute. Tough call. This decision you're having to make is why I always recommend south Texas to people, since you guaranteed to have a commute of an hour or less, with good to great stations sprinkled in. But hindsight is 20/20 , really just mentioning it for any future applicants reading.

• hey guys quick question i have my poly the 2nd week of January and i heard that they make you take it more than once. is that true? and if so why is that? I'm just nervous that ill have to take it a 2nd time i just want to get it over with

Comment

• You'll find more information about the BP hiring on the Delphi forum, which is a BP Applicant specific site, in case you were not aware of it.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/borderpatrol

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

Wilcox is a checkpoint, and Ajo is 60-90+ minute commute one way to live somewhere decent. Both Wilcox and Douglas can live in Sierra Vista. Ajo us probably the best station for work and getting into **** and you will gain seniority if you stick around, but dat commute tho
                    Ended up going with Willcox. It was a tough decision but I appreciate everyone’s input and advice

Comment

Last edited by Fullblown; 01-18-2018, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• battlewagon
                        battlewagon commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They are not done at Government facilities, they are done at testing centers that are in almost any decent sized city.

• Fullblown
                        Fullblown commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Last edited by Fullblown; 01-18-2018, 10:24 PM.

• battlewagon
                        battlewagon commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thats a huge BP sector, so yeah needless to say pretty much every step of the process will be in your town....

• Hello everyone,

I have been looking for some possible answers about applying while being stationed overseas. I have the Statement of Service Memo ready to go, but I am worried if I apply now I will not be able to complete the needed assessments. I have around four months left until I will be back in the states and on terminal leave. If anyone has gone through the application process like this any information would be appreciated.

Comment

• I was working a over seas contract job back in 2002 when I was going thru the hiring process. I ended up flying to Hawaii (on my own dime) twice to complete all the necessary steps. I'd say just wait the four months until your on terminal leave. The BP will always be hiring, no need to spend a lot of money out of pocket just yet

Comment

• sruffner602
                          sruffner602 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks for the response, I will be waiting till I get back home.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7906 users online. 345 members and 7561 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X