Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received notice that my polygraph reciprocity request was accepted. I was scheduled to take the poly on 12/4 in D.C., then got it pushed back until 1/4/18 to allow my reciprocity paperwork to work itself out. Anyone know how long the typical wait is until a background investigator makes contact?

Comment

• FederalHopeful
      FederalHopeful commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you have a TS/SCI?

After my poly I had to respond to a NOPA, so I had to wait for that to clear first. Took about two months to be contacted. Otherwise I'd say a few weeks.

• OCN_1
      OCN_1 commented
      Editing a comment
      FederalHopeful I took and passed a polygraph with USSS, so I used that instead of having to travel seven hours north or south to take a polygraph with CBP.

• Got an email stating i need to recert background packet for the investigation phase, anyone know if you meet with your investigator and finish your background check before you get an EOD call?

Comment

• Sheepdog480
      Sheepdog480 commented
      Editing a comment
      Once you have submitted your EQip (again), you will meet with your BI to discuss your BI packet. At this point in the process, the BI may or may not inform you of a deadline for submission of their investigation. In most cases, it is usually a week or two away from your meet and greet. Your BI should have already ran your credit, driving, and criminal history. They will then contact former employers (supervisors, HR, co-workers) and your references, neighbors, and/or relatives. Keep your eyes and ears open for that call/email.

Once your file is submitted for adjudication, the adjudicator will decide whether or not you are suitable for the position. Should you be deemed suitable, your packet/file and results will be submitted to T.S.U or the training scheduling unit for EOD. Calls are typically made once an acceptable amount of applicants has passed the process. I have heard and observed that calls aren't received until the first or the end of a month. The U.A/Drug Test along with PFT2 will be completed before your enter the academy.
      Last edited by Sheepdog480; 12-11-2017, 03:50 AM.

• nfm94
      nfm94 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is the PTF2 still a thing? I was told they no longer do that portion of the hiring process.

• Sheepdog480
      Sheepdog480 commented
      Editing a comment
      Participation is still required. However there is no pass or fail. I believe they are still using it as a way to gauge applicant's physical fitness levels prior to the academy.

• FederalHopeful
      FederalHopeful commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly, if you've made it past your interview, you'll 99% be found suitable. Unless your references say some really derogatory **** about you that can't be alleviated by a NOPA response or mitigated with further questioning, then you're golden.

• Hey I passed pft and medical but now when I checked my status on the mobile app thing my application is no longer there. Is there a reason for that? Could I just be in between sections or did something boot me out? My e-qip should be fine as I did the same stuff for usss and it went through no problem.

Comment

• Anyone currently in Artesia?

I'm hearing conflicting information about having our cars with us during training. Are we allowed to drive ourselves to training, or do we get bussed in?

Also, any tips on what to pack would be helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by FederalHopeful View Post
        Anyone currently in Artesia?

I'm hearing conflicting information about having our cars with us during training. Are we allowed to drive ourselves to training, or do we get bussed in?

Also, any tips on what to pack would be helpful.
        You can not drive to Artesia. You will enter on duty at your sector. Then the agency will fly you to Artesia. But you can have a car there; some guys flew home and got theirs and drove back, I bought a car when I was there.
        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• i am currently waiting to be scheduled for my polygraph and still have to get a drug test and be cleared from backgrounds when would u guys say that its safe for one going through the process to feel at ease ?

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

You can not drive to Artesia. You will enter on duty at your sector. Then the agency will fly you to Artesia. But you can have a car there; some guys flew home and got theirs and drove back, I bought a car when I was there.
            so I can leave on a weekend to go get my vehicle? If not, would I be able to park it at my station? I’m planning to not get a house until after training

Comment

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              You can likely park it at sector HQ if you go get it immediately; they likely wouldnt notice one car there parked for a week. But if it is going to be weeks or months, I would not. You will be reporting to sector HQ, not your assigned station.

• I applied under the 17-8 direct hire notice and applied for the Arizona region, I'm in the background phase and hopefully receive a call after all is done, that being said, can anyone shed some light on if I would only be offered regions in Arizona, or could other areas such as Texas also be offered as well? I know it's a case by case basis but I'm just trying to research some desirable stations.

Comment

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              The way the announcements were set up, at least last year, was that you could only receive stations in the regions you selected. I believe this is more OPM regulations than the agency. When HSI called me, things had changed in my life and i wanted to go to different regions and offices than what I selected, but they had to abide by the specific regions i selected. As opposed to hiring announcements that say 'Nationwide' and dont specify.

Last edited by Fullblown; 01-18-2018, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Yes there is. I had a classmate who was a weak swimmer who made it thru, be he also took swim lessons prior to the academy. I would recommend taking swimming lessons, that way your more comfortable in the water.

Comment

• What if someone just can't swim? lol. Do they actually try to teach them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fullblown View Post
                  Does anybody have any new information on whether there is a swimming qualification in the Border Patrol Academy? I'm interested in applying for the Border Patrol but can't swim. Thanks.
                  I had multiple classmates who could not in any shape or form swim. Not sure how that is possible, but they had them in the shallow end while we were in the deep end doing our thing. But judging by the panic in their eyes, I would have rather volunteered to carry the brick underwater for another length of the pool than go through the terror in their eyes in the 4 foot section.

I dont think it was a pass fail section, but do you really want to join the BP and truly not know how to swim? There were plenty of times that I was neck or chest deep in a body of water or the river on Patrol. So regardless of whether or not you need it for the academy, you really should be paying someone or getting with a friend to learn how to. It would be necessary to potentially save your own life on duty, or off duty. I've seen more than one instance where a BP vehicle ended up in the river with an Agent inside, so it is a reality. Would be a pretty lame way to end up on a silent partner card, drowning in 10 feet of water 10 yards from the river bank.

Not to go on a rant about it, but I would learn how to at least do basic doggy paddle before heading the academy and the field.
                  UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                  "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

I had multiple classmates who could not in any shape or form swim. Not sure how that is possible, but they had them in the shallow end while we were in the deep end doing our thing. But judging by the panic in their eyes, I would have rather volunteered to carry the brick underwater for another length of the pool than go through the terror in their eyes in the 4 foot section.

I dont think it was a pass fail section, but do you really want to join the BP and truly not know how to swim? There were plenty of times that I was neck or chest deep in a body of water or the river on Patrol. So regardless of whether or not you need it for the academy, you really should be paying someone or getting with a friend to learn how to. It would be necessary to potentially save your own life on duty, or off duty. I've seen more than one instance where a BP vehicle ended up in the river with an Agent inside, so it is a reality. Would be a pretty lame way to end up on a silent partner card, drowning in 10 feet of water 10 yards from the river bank.

Not to go on a rant about it, but I would learn how to at least do basic doggy paddle before heading the academy and the field.
                    I'd love to see a 250-500m surface swim with a 25m underwater swim added to the fitness test. Conditioning in the pool can really rattle even the most stout individuals. I'd have a lot more confidence in my teammates if they keep their cool while getting thrashed around in the deep end.

Comment

Last edited by Fullblown; 01-18-2018, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• FederalHopeful
                        FederalHopeful commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Learn to tread water and swim efficiently. Don't worry about being disqualified. Prepare yourself to survive in the field, not just pass training.

And if they let the people who can't swim wear lifejackets, that makes it obvious that they let everyone pass the pool training.

• battlewagon
                        battlewagon commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I answered it in my original response. It is not a pass fail exercise. It is training, and not a tested event that can result in your removal from training

• how long does it take for them to review the additional medical information after you complete your medical. because of my VA disability stuff they wanted more medical information
                      officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• FederalHopeful
                        FederalHopeful commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I didn’t claim va disability but it took them over 2 months to clear me

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8090 users online. 305 members and 7785 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X