Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, I haven't posted on this thread prior to now, but I got picked up for BP Agent last month. I selected Freer, Texas as my duty station, due to it's proximity to a "larger" city (Corpus Christi). Can anyone tell me anything about this station? or about living in CC? I'm a LEO in Virginia with over 10 years experience. Just want to know what I may or may not be getting into. I Appreciate any insight, advice or tips. Thanks and stay safe.
    To be honest I don't remember too much about losing my virginity. All I remember is I had been awake for almost 86 hours, I was on the roof of a Public Storage building in what seemed to be a freezing rainstorm, and Christopher Walken was there with a disposable camera that he kept winding even though it had clearly run out of pictures.

Comment

• I would recommend looking into this BP forum. This is a BP specific site (I used it 15yrs ago when I got hired) and there is a section in there for duty station information. Good luck and welcome aboard

http://forums.delphiforums.com/borderpatrol

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Blues View Post
        Hey guys, I haven't posted on this thread prior to now, but I got picked up for BP Agent last month. I selected Freer, Texas as my duty station, due to it's proximity to a "larger" city (Corpus Christi). Can anyone tell me anything about this station? or about living in CC? I'm a LEO in Virginia with over 10 years experience. Just want to know what I may or may not be getting into. I Appreciate any insight, advice or tips. Thanks and stay safe.
        Not to **** on your parade but the Freer station is due to get a new station. And rumor is they are number one on the nationwide list to get a new one. Which is good. However the proposed new location is like 20 miles to the west south west towards Laredo, meaning it takes the commute time from Corpus from an hour which is reasonable (especially in the Border Patrol), to nearly 1.5 hours.

I know this because I was going to do a swap to Freer and live an hour north in Pleasanton, but the station moving was going to make the commute too much to bear.

Regardless, a good station.
        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• For those on the job, what state did you originate from before relocating for the job?

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

Not to **** on your parade but the Freer station is due to get a new station. And rumor is they are number one on the nationwide list to get a new one. Which is good. However the proposed new location is like 20 miles to the west south west towards Laredo, meaning it takes the commute time from Corpus from an hour which is reasonable (especially in the Border Patrol), to nearly 1.5 hours.

I know this because I was going to do a swap to Freer and live an hour north in Pleasanton, but the station moving was going to make the commute too much to bear.

Regardless, a good station.
            Hey what should I do to prepare for the academy? How much am I running per day there? Also, I'm currently running a 11:35 mile and half

Comment

• Originally posted by NCG128 View Post

Hey what should I do to prepare for the academy? How much am I running per day there? Also, I'm currently running a 11:35 mile and half
              Youre already at a passing time. It is 13 minutes to graduate. However, if someone is running 13 minutes even, they are going to have a tough time, since there is a lot of running. We ran every other day, 1.5 mile minimum, but often there were perimeter runs around the whole campus, or run half a mile, get smoked, then run more, stop and PT, etc.

Probably add a minute to your current time for your first run in Artesia. The high altitude will put you on your *** the first few runs if you are from a sea-level place now.

honor first

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• battlewagon
                  battlewagon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Freer is a great station IMO, other than having to live in Laredo. Like I mentioned above Blues I would only rent in Corpus since there is the chance of the station moving, and you wouldnt want to be committed to Corpus

• i passed the exam, kind of sucks i need to start the process over again though : /
                officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• What does BPA retirement look like ? Would liketo compare to local depts.

Comment

• Hey all, haven't posted in awhile. Just had my SI passed with flying colors. Just have my drug test and polygraph left. Kind of nervous about the polygraph... I've taken 3 polygraphs before passed all but heard about the high fail rate... Well anyways, i was in the running for both officer and agent. I just recently dropped out for Officer, but the way the email sounded... it seems they dropped me from everything CBP. I really hope they didn't. I gave them the specific applicant ID number for officer position. Anyone dropped out of a specific application and continue with another one? Trying to get ahold of someone at the hiring department is almost impossible ha.

Comment

• battlewagon
                      battlewagon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You have to manually drop out of each announcement, unless you send an email saying 'please remove me from all vacancies for which i am being considered'

If you provided a specific vacancy and asked to be removed, and they removed you from all, that is wrong and against OPM policy. I would double check

• Another quick question. Everything in CASS seems to have been updated pretty quick. My medical evaluation still states scheduling in progress, even though I had my med eval like 3 weeks ago. Is it typical this takes forever to update? Thanks!

Comment

• I submitted an application for 17-12... am scheduled to take the test next Saturday (I would have done it sooner, but I'm on much needed post-deployment leave on the Black Sea). Is it possible to get the BI started earlier? I have quite a long list of foreign contacts (40+) due to my wife being a foreign citizen (she IS legal, and we did everything via USCIS and by the numbers). I like being proactive, and figure that clearing my BI will be a lengthy process, though none of the contacts I see regularly not are "nefarious" to my knowledge.

S/F

Comment

• battlewagon
                        battlewagon commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No, you can't start any part of the process before receiving your test notice of results, and passing. Other than gathering the info and having it ready

• Applied for BPA and CBPO 17-6 and 17-5 back in May
                      Cleared for everything except BI and urinalysis.

Responded to NOPA sent from OPR in DC on Sep 14

Should’ve taken more time on my response, stupidly misspelled some words but I had already sent it. The NOPA was for some writeups at work that are easily mitigable (in my opinion). I haven’t heard anything back yet.

If anyone is familiar with the BI and NOPA process, feel free to shoot a PM

Comment

• Soo.. I took my medical eval on 08/23/17. It still says scheduling in progress. Is it typical to take this long? I haven't received any notice about having to submit anything else or anything. I'm waiting for this to clear then polygraph and drug test and i'll be golden. I was hoping to be in the academy by winter time so I can miss out on an awesome Ohio winter ha

Comment

• will.wilwon552
                          will.wilwon552 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I took my medical about the same time and it just went green a week or so ago. For mine, I had to send another form in for my vision.Give it some time and you should be alright!

• Originally posted by niftytim View Post
                        . I was hoping to be in the academy by winter time so I can miss out on an awesome Ohio winter ha
                        If you think winter in Artesia NM isn't terribly cold, you're in for a bad time. It may not be as cold temperature or as much snow as ohio, but there will still be days you're at the range first thing in the morning, brassing up with snow on the ground. And the winds on the high desert make the sometimes below freezing temperature infinitely worse.

The only good thing about being there in the winter is you miss the full brunt of summer in August. That being said, it isn't the worse, but shooting when it is that cold in the morning (they didn't let us wear gloves) and having an instructor tell you that you're squeezing the trigger too hard, when they're wearing gloves and you can't feel your fingers or hands gets old real quick.

honor first

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10147 users online. 482 members and 9665 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X