300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stay Frosty View Post
    Is BPA worth it over local PD or Corrections in NYC (Pay, Benefits, Retiremnt, Assignments, Job Satisfation) ?
    That is a question no one will be able to answer for you. Even if someone worked for all three types of agencies, they might have different variables. As far as my opinion, I dont know how anyone could want to work corrections anywhere, even if they paid you 200K a year. I think it is worth it over any local job, but that is just my opinion.

What are the numbers for the NY LE retirement system
    Last edited by battlewagon; 09-07-2017, 09:04 PM.
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Stay Frosty
      Stay Frosty commented
      Editing a comment
      NYC LE retirement for Correction is 50% @221/2 yrs. Top pay @ 51/2 yrs is about 96k.

• With the new direct hire postings, how likely is it to get a duty station in cali? Has anyone had any luck? I would really like to get to San Diego.

Comment

• ........;'//..;'//
      Last edited by SHU; 07-01-2019, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• With the new direct hire postings, will we be hired faster ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stay Frosty View Post
          With the new direct hire postings, will we be hired faster ?
          It is all relative. Faster then when I came in when everyone in my class took 1.5-2.5 years? Absolutely. Average hire time is around 9 months from what I have been told nowadays which was the time frame my brother was on. So you can bet on less than year if you have no background issues or an uncomplicated background (havent lived all over, etc)

And there is about a 0.01% chance of getting SD.

honor first

Comment

• Does anyone actually fail the PFT1? I couldn't believe they stopped me at the bare minimum.

Comment

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, people do. But no one fails the PFT2 now, as it is participation. The PFT2 had about a 50% fail rate when we would administer it at my location. The very last step to getting hired, and 50% failure lol.

• Thanks for the insight. You don't have to be a gym rat for these jobs, but you certainly cant be obese either. Regardless if it is required or if it is participatory, you're GONNA RUN at the academy. Any academy. Just a bit shocked to hear those numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhody401 View Post
              Thanks for the insight. You don't have to be a gym rat for these jobs, but you certainly cant be obese either. Regardless if it is required or if it is participatory, you're GONNA RUN at the academy. Any academy. Just a bit shocked to hear those numbers.
              Our PT is no joke. Really fit guys come in and say it isnt hard, but it is just a lot of it. And Artesia is pretty high elevation, and still a desert, so the oxygen is thin and when it is hot, it is 100+, and when it is cold, it is 30. You will still PT regardless of the weather, so long as it isnt black flag conditions. And it is every day. All anyone needs to be doing is crossfit sort of stuff, and running. You will have many multiple-mile runs. A lots of long body weight sessions; bodybuilders, mountain climbers, duck walks, air squats, core exercises,so on.

honor first

Comment

• anyone else had to go in for a second polygraph test? got called yesterday to go in again. Hoping thats not a bad signm i figure if they wanted to get rid of me they probably wouldnt spend the money testing me again but we shall see.

Comment

• battlewagon
                  battlewagon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Most people go for a second. If your initial was a fail, that would be it with no second test.

• What kind of positions qualify for GL-9 test waiver ?

Comment

• Apologies if this was answered previously in the thread. I have passed a few federal polygraphs and several local ones already and submitted a request for polygraph reciprocity. How often do they grant these?

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

Our PT is no joke. Really fit guys come in and say it isnt hard, but it is just a lot of it. And Artesia is pretty high elevation, and still a desert, so the oxygen is thin and when it is hot, it is 100+, and when it is cold, it is 30. You will still PT regardless of the weather, so long as it isnt black flag conditions. And it is every day. All anyone needs to be doing is crossfit sort of stuff, and running. You will have many multiple-mile runs. A lots of long body weight sessions; bodybuilders, mountain climbers, duck walks, air squats, core exercises,so on.
                    How long's the academy? 6 months?

Comment

• Hey guys, I haven't posted on this thread prior to now, but I got picked up for BP Agent last month. I selected Freer, Texas as my duty station, due to it's proximity to a "larger" city (Corpus Christi). Can anyone tell me anything about this station? or about living in CC? I'm a LEO in Virginia with over 10 years experience. Just want to know what I may or may not be getting into. I Appreciate any insight, advice or tips. Thanks and stay safe.
                      To be honest I don't remember too much about losing my virginity. All I remember is I had been awake for almost 86 hours, I was on the roof of a Public Storage building in what seemed to be a freezing rainstorm, and Christopher Walken was there with a disposable camera that he kept winding even though it had clearly run out of pictures.

Comment

• I would recommend looking into this BP forum. This is a BP specific site (I used it 15yrs ago when I got hired) and there is a section in there for duty station information. Good luck and welcome aboard

http://forums.delphiforums.com/borderpatrol

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Blues View Post
                          Hey guys, I haven't posted on this thread prior to now, but I got picked up for BP Agent last month. I selected Freer, Texas as my duty station, due to it's proximity to a "larger" city (Corpus Christi). Can anyone tell me anything about this station? or about living in CC? I'm a LEO in Virginia with over 10 years experience. Just want to know what I may or may not be getting into. I Appreciate any insight, advice or tips. Thanks and stay safe.
                          Not to **** on your parade but the Freer station is due to get a new station. And rumor is they are number one on the nationwide list to get a new one. Which is good. However the proposed new location is like 20 miles to the west south west towards Laredo, meaning it takes the commute time from Corpus from an hour which is reasonable (especially in the Border Patrol), to nearly 1.5 hours.

I know this because I was going to do a swap to Freer and live an hour north in Pleasanton, but the station moving was going to make the commute too much to bear.

Regardless, a good station.

honor first

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6520 users online. 352 members and 6168 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X