Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you get the poly waived if your a current Federal Agent with a Top Secret (Q Clearance with HRP).

Comment

• Hoping someone can help me on this; I am trying to apply for the new announcement for border patrol. Under the required documents tabs it asks for an

"Assessment questionnaire: You must submit the online job questionnaire."

I know this might be a dumb question, but which questionnaire is this exactly referring to? Thank you for any and all help.

Comment

• Originally posted by jj858 View Post
        Can you get the poly waived if your a current Federal Agent with a Top Secret (Q Clearance with HRP).
        I believe the requirement states you have to have poly'd for your current position. However, there is an waiver for military personnel with a current TS or better even if they didn't poly. So the answer is maybe. The waiver section goes on to say every request for a waiver will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, so possibly.

Combat68w the questionnaire is the online application part of the application. The first thing you do when you click apply, that's all
        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• battlewagon , thank you. I have not submitted an application yet since I been gathering all required documents before I start, I don't want to have an incomplete app. Again, thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
            You new guys are very fortunate that they have changed the hiring process drastically recently, both in length and the steps. The only two obstacles you face after passing the entry test is the oral board and the poly. The oral board has a high pass rate, and as long as you don't **** yourself youll pass. The poly was traditionally our speed bump with a 79% fail or declination rate. Now they have a poly pilot that has a 40something percent fail, which is in line with other agencies. Our PT is participation now, and the other steps are no brainers like drug test etc. Good luck to all.
            so how long can we expect this new hiring process to take? still 6-12 months? I took the exam early last month. submitted eQip and had my physical earlier this month

Comment

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              If you have no BI issues, under a year is very likely. My brother was on target for an eight month hiring. I believe the Minneapolis Hiring Center said they have the average app down to under 200 days. Keep in mind that clock doesnt usually start until you take and pass the test. If you apply the first day an announcement opens that doesnt close for another 50 or 60 days, that time doesnt count.

• Slightly getting ahead of myself but just curious....Is it true that if you're Vet, and get hired through VRA, GL-9(which I am) that your options for your first duty locations are better than other announcements?

Comment

• Originally posted by LaPackers View Post
              Slightly getting ahead of myself but just curious....Is it true that if you're Vet, and get hired through VRA, GL-9(which I am) that your options for your first duty locations are better than other announcements?
              The short answer is...no.

The VRA announcements don't require vet applicants to select one of the four corridors, which can be a limiting factor for civilian hires. In other words, even though a kid off the street might be willing to go to Calexico, Douglas, Presidio, or Eagle Pass, in practice he/she would be offered only one of those subpar options.

Congratulations on your service, though! Thanks to VRA, you CAN choose from four or more terrible choices rather than just one or two. Whether or not that is "better" is a matter of personal perspective, but the plain truth is that desirable stations are likely unavailable to new hires for a couple of terrible, poorly-designed reasons.

Comment

• I have a question about the NOR's. A friend of mine took the proctored test a week after I did and received his NOR last Friday. I have not received my NOR should I be worried? I will call the VRA recruitment today to see but in the mean time trying to get an answer before I call

Comment

• Originally posted by RLB4104 View Post

The short answer is...no.

The VRA announcements don't require vet applicants to select one of the four corridors, which can be a limiting factor for civilian hires. In other words, even though a kid off the street might be willing to go to Calexico, Douglas, Presidio, or Eagle Pass, in practice he/she would be offered only one of those subpar options.

Congratulations on your service, though! Thanks to VRA, you CAN choose from four or more terrible choices rather than just one or two. Whether or not that is "better" is a matter of personal perspective, but the plain truth is that desirable stations are likely unavailable to new hires for a couple of terrible, poorly-designed reasons.
                  Thank you! Should I pass all the hiring steps wherever they put me is where they put me, and I'll be fine with that...but... being close Phoenix, San Antonio, or Tucson would be great

Comment

• Hope all goes well but this VRA D.C. hiring hub is moving pretty fast! I live in N.J.

Exempt for Entrance Exam (GL-9 qualified)
                    Drug Test- 8/17
                    Medical has been scheduled for 8/21(locally)
                    EQIP/SF-86 DUE ASAP
                    PFT1- 8/24
                    SI- 8/25
                    Poly- Assuming 8/25 after SI (still pending confirmation)
                    Last edited by LaPackers; 08-16-2017, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• Quick question.. the process for CBPO is moving ALOT quicker than BPA. If it comes down to it, and I get offered a academy date for CBPO if i decline it and wait for BPA academy does that void everything that I have already done? I know certain things cross over like medical, polygraph background etc. Just don't want to screw myself, but my mind is set i want to go green!

Comment

• battlewagon
                        battlewagon commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You can be at OFO academy and receive a job offer for BP and take it, and leave OFO academy if you want. You would have to pay for your plane ticket to EOD at the BP sector though, as you would normally anyways. I'd def recommend BP over OFO

• niftytim
                        niftytim commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ohh my mind is set.. just OFO is moving sooo damn quick. BP.. kind of dragging feet lol. I'm just glad the time consuming stuff transfers over.

• When it came down to submitting your resume, did most of you guys use a professional resume writer or a website, I been looking at my resume but I am it sure if I should get someone to proof read it before applying... other reason I haven't apply yet is that I am still waiting for my college transcripts. TIA.

Comment

• niftytim
                        niftytim commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Depends.. If you are applying for GL9. i would make sure you have EVERYTHING you need in it. I unfortunately got turned down cause I didn't have certain things in my resume, even though I more than meet the requirements. I'm going to reapply on the 20th 21st or whatever, but in the process for the gl7 atm

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

I believe the requirement states you have to have poly'd for your current position. However, there is an waiver for military personnel with a current TS or better even if they didn't poly. So the answer is maybe. The waiver section goes on to say every request for a waiver will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, so possibly.

Combat68w the questionnaire is the online application part of the application. The first thing you do when you click apply, that's all
                      if I EOD under a provisional clear status will that speed up the process and by how much?

Comment

• battlewagon
                        battlewagon commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes obviously you will be at the academy quicker since you are going with a 50% clearance or whatever percentage so you're not waiting for a full 100% cleared background, but how much quicker is an impossible to answer question

• Ok.. I have a major dilemma. Just want some insight. I was told you can not have two agencies doing background investigations for your clearance. Well low and behold... I have 3 attempting. CBP, FBI, and SOC (overseas government contracting). Now, in Eqip they are all in there, and no one has brought it up.... does anyone know and can provide any insight? I really don't want to give up any of the opportunities 8(. As we all know you aren't guaranteed it until you get that job offer. Just want some insight. Thanks all. Love this forum by the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by niftytim View Post
                        Ok.. I have a major dilemma. Just want some insight. I was told you can not have two agencies doing background investigations for your clearance. Well low and behold... I have 3 attempting. CBP, FBI, and SOC (overseas government contracting). Now, in Eqip they are all in there, and no one has brought it up.... does anyone know and can provide any insight? I really don't want to give up any of the opportunities 8(. As we all know you aren't guaranteed it until you get that job offer. Just want some insight. Thanks all. Love this forum by the way.
                        I'm 101% certain that's not true. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Comment

• niftytim
                          niftytim commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank you very much.. The lady that takes care of the clearance paperwork told me that for SOC.. I'm guessing she didn't want me screwing them over possibly lol.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6084 users online. 317 members and 5767 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X