Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoping someone can help me on this; I am trying to apply for the new announcement for border patrol. Under the required documents tabs it asks for an

"Assessment questionnaire: You must submit the online job questionnaire."

I know this might be a dumb question, but which questionnaire is this exactly referring to? Thank you for any and all help.

Comment

• Originally posted by jj858 View Post
      Can you get the poly waived if your a current Federal Agent with a Top Secret (Q Clearance with HRP).
      I believe the requirement states you have to have poly'd for your current position. However, there is an waiver for military personnel with a current TS or better even if they didn't poly. So the answer is maybe. The waiver section goes on to say every request for a waiver will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, so possibly.

Combat68w the questionnaire is the online application part of the application. The first thing you do when you click apply, that's all
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• battlewagon , thank you. I have not submitted an application yet since I been gathering all required documents before I start, I don't want to have an incomplete app. Again, thank you.

Comment

• Slightly getting ahead of myself but just curious....Is it true that if you're Vet, and get hired through VRA, GL-9(which I am) that your options for your first duty locations are better than other announcements?

Comment

• Originally posted by LaPackers View Post
            Slightly getting ahead of myself but just curious....Is it true that if you're Vet, and get hired through VRA, GL-9(which I am) that your options for your first duty locations are better than other announcements?
            The short answer is...no.

The VRA announcements don't require vet applicants to select one of the four corridors, which can be a limiting factor for civilian hires. In other words, even though a kid off the street might be willing to go to Calexico, Douglas, Presidio, or Eagle Pass, in practice he/she would be offered only one of those subpar options.

Congratulations on your service, though! Thanks to VRA, you CAN choose from four or more terrible choices rather than just one or two. Whether or not that is "better" is a matter of personal perspective, but the plain truth is that desirable stations are likely unavailable to new hires for a couple of terrible, poorly-designed reasons.

Comment

• I have a question about the NOR's. A friend of mine took the proctored test a week after I did and received his NOR last Friday. I have not received my NOR should I be worried? I will call the VRA recruitment today to see but in the mean time trying to get an answer before I call

Comment

• Originally posted by RLB4104 View Post

The short answer is...no.

The VRA announcements don't require vet applicants to select one of the four corridors, which can be a limiting factor for civilian hires. In other words, even though a kid off the street might be willing to go to Calexico, Douglas, Presidio, or Eagle Pass, in practice he/she would be offered only one of those subpar options.

Congratulations on your service, though! Thanks to VRA, you CAN choose from four or more terrible choices rather than just one or two. Whether or not that is "better" is a matter of personal perspective, but the plain truth is that desirable stations are likely unavailable to new hires for a couple of terrible, poorly-designed reasons.
                Thank you! Should I pass all the hiring steps wherever they put me is where they put me, and I'll be fine with that...but... being close Phoenix, San Antonio, or Tucson would be great

Comment

• Hope all goes well but this VRA D.C. hiring hub is moving pretty fast! I live in N.J.

Exempt for Entrance Exam (GL-9 qualified)
                  Drug Test- 8/17
                  Medical has been scheduled for 8/21(locally)
                  EQIP/SF-86 DUE ASAP
                  PFT1- 8/24
                  SI- 8/25
                  Poly- Assuming 8/25 after SI (still pending confirmation)
                  Last edited by LaPackers; 08-16-2017, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Quick question.. the process for CBPO is moving ALOT quicker than BPA. If it comes down to it, and I get offered a academy date for CBPO if i decline it and wait for BPA academy does that void everything that I have already done? I know certain things cross over like medical, polygraph background etc. Just don't want to screw myself, but my mind is set i want to go green!

Comment

• battlewagon
                      battlewagon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You can be at OFO academy and receive a job offer for BP and take it, and leave OFO academy if you want. You would have to pay for your plane ticket to EOD at the BP sector though, as you would normally anyways. I'd def recommend BP over OFO

• niftytim
                      niftytim commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ohh my mind is set.. just OFO is moving sooo damn quick. BP.. kind of dragging feet lol. I'm just glad the time consuming stuff transfers over.

• When it came down to submitting your resume, did most of you guys use a professional resume writer or a website, I been looking at my resume but I am it sure if I should get someone to proof read it before applying... other reason I haven't apply yet is that I am still waiting for my college transcripts. TIA.

Comment

• niftytim
                      niftytim commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Depends.. If you are applying for GL9. i would make sure you have EVERYTHING you need in it. I unfortunately got turned down cause I didn't have certain things in my resume, even though I more than meet the requirements. I'm going to reapply on the 20th 21st or whatever, but in the process for the gl7 atm

• Ok.. I have a major dilemma. Just want some insight. I was told you can not have two agencies doing background investigations for your clearance. Well low and behold... I have 3 attempting. CBP, FBI, and SOC (overseas government contracting). Now, in Eqip they are all in there, and no one has brought it up.... does anyone know and can provide any insight? I really don't want to give up any of the opportunities 8(. As we all know you aren't guaranteed it until you get that job offer. Just want some insight. Thanks all. Love this forum by the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by niftytim View Post
                      Ok.. I have a major dilemma. Just want some insight. I was told you can not have two agencies doing background investigations for your clearance. Well low and behold... I have 3 attempting. CBP, FBI, and SOC (overseas government contracting). Now, in Eqip they are all in there, and no one has brought it up.... does anyone know and can provide any insight? I really don't want to give up any of the opportunities 8(. As we all know you aren't guaranteed it until you get that job offer. Just want some insight. Thanks all. Love this forum by the way.
                      I'm 101% certain that's not true. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Comment

• niftytim
                        niftytim commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you very much.. The lady that takes care of the clearance paperwork told me that for SOC.. I'm guessing she didn't want me screwing them over possibly lol.

• Originally posted by RLB4104 View Post

I'm 101% certain that's not true. I wouldn't worry about it at all.
                      May or may not be some truth in it. We had a guy who graduated the academy on a provisional clearance. Came back to the station and was on 'light duty' plain clothes doing office work since he didnt have a cleared background, and therefore no creds, no gun, etc. Happens usually for a few weeks or a month or two. But this guy was in this status for what seemed liked half a year. Was on the phone daily with the secret service. He was in both hiring processes at one point, and when he took the USBP job with a provisional clearance, USSS had some sort of hold or 'on-going' mark on his background investigation, and that is why CBP was having trouble clearing his background.

He eventually got it squared away with USSS and got cleared, but has since left us for FBI. The FBI doing a BI may have played a role in this situation as well. Smart kid though, too smart for BP.

But quien [email protected], you need to call CBP OPR or OPM or whoever is doing your BP background and ask them directly.
                      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Giving an update.. I applied to the D.C. Hiring Hub for the GL-9. This process is flying timeline as follows

8-5-17 I applied
                        8-11-17 announcement closed
                        8-15-17 Completed Drug Screening (passed)
                        8-16-17 Provisional Clearance sent to case manager
                        8-20-17 EQIP sent to HR
                        8-24-17 Medical screening (passed)
                        8-24-17 PFT1 (passed)
                        8-25-17 SI (passed)
                        8-25-17 Fingerprinted
                        8-29-17 Poly

Comment

• rassi1288
                          rassi1288 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          did you not have to take the written test?

nevermind- i see that GL9 does not take the test.... i applied to the recent one that closes september 7
                          Last edited by rassi1288; 08-28-2017, 11:25 AM.

• Is BPA worth it over local PD or Corrections in NYC (Pay, Benefits, Retiremnt, Assignments, Job Satisfation) ?
                        Last edited by Stay Frosty; 09-07-2017, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• BPRIO
                          BPRIO commented
                          Editing a comment
                          For me yes. I'm not doing corrections, screw that, no matter the pay. Our pay is still higher than most local, your base pay will be over 90k in 4 years. You'll be making over 100k by the time they throw nights, Sunday, holiday, and whenever OT is available. Benefits still as good as local. The retirement is probably the only thing I would complain about.

The work is all in the person. I enjoy being outside, even in hot weather. I could do traffic stops, respond to any calls such as: sensor, cameras, etc. When I get bored I'll just walk the trails and cut around, maybe I can get lucky.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4989 users online. 326 members and 4663 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X