300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by psycho1000r View Post
    what is your uncorrected vision? i failed the FAM med because my eyes were over 20/100 uncorrected, their minimum allowed. they didnt notify me immediatly. whats the BP minimum requirement?
    For BP is 20/100 as well, and according to MY optometrist mine was 20/80 (slightly better). but the DRs at the clinic where I had my fit/med didnt say anything about it and I didn't ask either. Im just guessing that if they would've DQ'd me for that, they would've said so in the letter where they told me about my arrhythmia or send me a letter after that (it's been 6 months).
    BPA:
    Written Test: Passed (97%)
    Reactivated Feb 09
    Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
    Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
    Medical Exam: Completed
    Drug Test: Completed
    Fitness: Completed
    Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
    Background Investigation: Completed

IEA ICE
    Written Test: Passed (80% )
    Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
    Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

Comment

• Originally posted by psycho1000r View Post
      what is your uncorrected vision? i failed the FAM med because my eyes were over 20/100 uncorrected, their minimum allowed. they didnt notify me immediatly. whats the BP minimum requirement?
      They notified you in the vacancy announcement. The clinic where you do your medical has no say in the process, all they do is collect facts and send them back to CHS and CBP.

Medical Requirements: Common medical problems relate to the standards for vision and hearing. Uncorrected distant vision (without glasses or contacts) must be equal to or better than 20/100 in each eye. Binocular vision must be correctable to 20/20 with glasses or contact lenses. Peripheral vision, depth perception and color vision must be normal. Refractive surgical procedures (such as LASIK surgery) are considered acceptable provided the individual's vision meets the above standards post-operatively, and an acceptable recovery time period has occurred. The individual must be free of post-operative complications. For refractive surgery, the results of an additional evaluation by an Optometrist or Ophthalmologist will be required to insure that vision is not impeded due to post-operative complications such as glare and contrast-sensitivity, and the individual must be cleared for rigorous law enforcement training including exposure to pepper spray. Normal hearing is required; the use of any hearing aid to comply with the medical standards is unacceptable.

Any disease or condition that interferes with the safe, efficient, and expected performance of the job duties or required training may constitute grounds for medical disqualification. Individualized assessments of each person's medical history, current condition, and medical qualifications will be made on a case-by-case basis. Final consideration and medical determination may require additional information and/or testing. If medical information is required beyond the pre-placement examination, it is provided at the applicant's expense.

The use of any hearing aid to comply with the medical standards is unacceptable
      Last edited by madchiken; 01-12-2009, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
        They notified you in the vacancy announcement. The clinic where you do your medical has no say in the process, all they do is collect facts and send them back to CHS and CBP.

Medical Requirements: Common medical problems relate to the standards for vision and hearing. Uncorrected distant vision (without glasses or contacts) must be equal to or better than 20/100 in each eye. Binocular vision must be correctable to 20/20 with glasses or contact lenses. Peripheral vision, depth perception and color vision must be normal. Refractive surgical procedures (such as LASIK surgery) are considered acceptable provided the individual's vision meets the above standards post-operatively, and an acceptable recovery time period has occurred. The individual must be free of post-operative complications. For refractive surgery, the results of an additional evaluation by an Optometrist or Ophthalmologist will be required to insure that vision is not impeded due to post-operative complications such as glare and contrast-sensitivity, and the individual must be cleared for rigorous law enforcement training including exposure to pepper spray. Normal hearing is required; the use of any hearing aid to comply with the medical standards is unacceptable.

Any disease or condition that interferes with the safe, efficient, and expected performance of the job duties or required training may constitute grounds for medical disqualification. Individualized assessments of each person's medical history, current condition, and medical qualifications will be made on a case-by-case basis. Final consideration and medical determination may require additional information and/or testing. If medical information is required beyond the pre-placement examination, it is provided at the applicant's expense.

The use of any hearing aid to comply with the medical standards is unacceptable
        That's what it says in the booklet, my actual question is, IF I wouldve been found unsuitable for the job, would they have noticed me already?
        BPA:
        Reactivated Feb 09

IEA ICE

Comment

• If you were 20/80 you passed that part, however it also had to be corrected to 20/20 and pass the depth and color testing.

Comment

• I heard the doctors mumble something about my Left eye depth test, thats my bad eye. I just sent an e mail asking a question to MHC, included this question also just to be sure about it.

Now i cant wait for tommorow and see the answer to that e mail
            BPA:
            Reactivated Feb 09

IEA ICE

Comment

• A quick question

Hi everyone, I'm New to this I just sent my background Investigation package and didn't get anything yet for OB or physical or Med yet? does anyone know which one comes first???
              Last edited by Mokhtar7; 01-12-2009, 09:31 AM. Reason: typing error

Comment

• It varies from case to case, in my case it was OB first then Med/Fit test
                BPA:
                Reactivated Feb 09

IEA ICE

Comment

• Spoke to a recruiter this AM.

Well fellas, I went to the medical office this morning at the hangar where I work and found out that one of our HS's is a BPA. He is drilling this week here. He also happens to be a recruiter. We started talking about my hiring process and he told me that the BP is going to stop the hiring craze very soon. He said that people that are in the later stages of the process will probably still get picked up but that they have a lot of applicants right now. Not what I wanted to hear first thing in the morning!!!

Not sure how true this info is or how soon it will start but I just wanted to put it out there for those people still trying to make the decision on wether or not to apply. Put those apps in ASAP if you still want a chance! IMO

Comment

• Not what I wanted to hear...at any time in the day
                    BPA:
                    Reactivated Feb 09

IEA ICE

Comment

• Well just remember bro, this info isn't 100% confirmed! Not only that you only have to re-do your oral board. I think we are pretty much all in the same boat! Still waiting!

Comment

• I would guess that USBP will continue to hire/train at least a few THOUSAND agents per year, almost every year to cover the retiring/leaving agents. The thing that may change: you may need more than a 70% and a pulse to make it to Academy. All the better in my opinion. The higher the bar, the better chance me & my family will be safe. Good luck to all those in the process and thanks to those serving.
                        trainee

Comment

• Keep in mind that there will always be people failing out of the academy and those that get out there and realize the job isn't for them or they hate the town they get stationed to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hope2BPA View Post
                            Well just remember bro, this info isn't 100% confirmed! Not only that you only have to re-do your oral board. I think we are pretty much all in the same boat! Still waiting!
                            I wish!! I called today, the nice woman told me, your medical wasnt evaluated (because I failed my OB so my process stopped), I think you might need to do that again and your background investigation was incomplete too.

I was in a hurry when I got ahold of them so I didnt ask if my BI would pick up from where it was left off, im calling back tommorow and im keeping my fingers crossed
                            BPA:
                            Reactivated Feb 09

IEA ICE

Comment

• Thanks BPA2Be

thanks for answering my question and i just wanted to know if anyone here is from NJ and if there is where did they go for the OB and Medical and physical??

Comment

• Originally posted by Mokhtar7 View Post
                                thanks for answering my question and i just wanted to know if anyone here is from NJ and if there is where did they go for the OB and Medical and physical??
                                I am from the Philadelphia area and have my OB in York,P.A. on the 28th not sure where medical and physical will be though.
                                BPA
                                Qualifications: Cleared GL-5 Pay Grade
                                Written exam 12/2008 Passed
                                Fitness 01/2009 Passed
                                Drug Screening: Cleared
                                Medical Cleared 02/2009
                                Oral Broad Passed 03/2009
                                Background Contacted 05/24 Cleared in CASS 06/30
                                TSU?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6059 users online. 250 members and 5809 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X