Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone called or emailed the BPA and gotten an email or response back? I received my NOR and it said I qualified for GS07 with a 96 and then today I got another email saying I did not qualify for the GS07 ranking. So I called and left a voicemail but I was wondering if anyone has actually gotten in contact with them and received a response back?

Comment

• Originally posted by ky19lw View Post
      Has anyone called or emailed the BPA and gotten an email or response back? I received my NOR and it said I qualified for GS07 with a 96 and then today I got another email saying I did not qualify for the GS07 ranking. So I called and left a voicemail but I was wondering if anyone has actually gotten in contact with them and received a response back?
      Ky- You must have applied twice and either your resume was slightly changed, or the evaluators just disagreed. If they offered you the GL-07, you should get it. You'd know by comparing your qualifications to what's in the announcement. It spells out how to meet the different grades.

About the local LE vs. Border Patrol-- you're going to get a variety of responses. Feds you have the opportunity to move around and better top pay (in most areas of the nation). Local LE, you're going to get a variety of everything. So, for an exciting career with limited growth you're probably best to go locals. If you want to move around and possibly explore different federal agencies, border patrol would be your thing.

Also with BP, be prepared to be assigned to a remote location for several years.

Comment

• Which BP Stations have a boat unit in South Texas?

Comment

• Rio Grande Valley Sector has several stations with the river patrol and Laredo Sector's Zapata's station has a boat unit for Falcon Lake.

Comment

• Which BP Stations have a boat unit in South Texas?.

Brownsville, Weslaco, McAllen, Rio Grande City, Harlingen. Brownsville may be combined with Fort Brown station. Regardless, getting on one is a whole other story, trust me, I have tried my whole time in thus far, am over qualified, and still can't.
            UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Applied to VRA opening for the BPA. Just wondering what the difference is between regular and VRA besides the obvious Veteran's only.
              CBP 19-2 GS-9 (38%):

9/18/2018 Applied for 18-13
              9/20/2018 Written Exam
              10/3/2018 Referred for GS-7
              10/19/2018 E-QIP accepted
              10/23/2018 BI Packet Sent to OPR
              10/24/2018 Medical Exam
              11/2/2018 Applied for 19-2
              11/8/2018 Referred for GS-9
              11/13/2018 SI
              11/14/2018 Passed SI
              11/26/2018 PFT
              11/28/2018 Passed PFT
              3/27/2019 Med Review requested additional documents
              4/17/2019 Submitted additional medical paperwork

Comment

• Originally posted by mudboned View Post
                Applied to VRA opening for the BPA. Just wondering what the difference is between regular and VRA besides the obvious Veteran's only.
                A big plus to the last VRA that really irked a lot of agents though was VRAs were getting hired every where desirable, including the northern border, without 'doing their time' on the southwest border. So good for them, but unorthodox.

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

A big plus to the last VRA that really irked a lot of agents though was VRAs were getting hired every where desirable, including the northern border, without 'doing their time' on the southwest border. So good for them, but unorthodox.
                  I can see how that would be annoying. I read that it's also an extra year of probation, but somewhat expedited hiring process?
                  CBP 19-2 GS-9 (38%):

9/18/2018 Applied for 18-13
                  9/20/2018 Written Exam
                  10/3/2018 Referred for GS-7
                  10/19/2018 E-QIP accepted
                  10/23/2018 BI Packet Sent to OPR
                  10/24/2018 Medical Exam
                  11/2/2018 Applied for 19-2
                  11/8/2018 Referred for GS-9
                  11/13/2018 SI
                  11/14/2018 Passed SI
                  11/26/2018 PFT
                  11/28/2018 Passed PFT
                  3/27/2019 Med Review requested additional documents
                  4/17/2019 Submitted additional medical paperwork

Comment

• anyone apply to the 17-5 announcement?

Comment

• I applied for the 17-5. Just got my NOR today. How about you? or anyone else for that announcement hear anything?

Comment

• Hello, I'm a 17-6 applicant just wanted to know where some of you are at in the pre-employment process.

Comment

• tlouisiana
                          tlouisiana commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hey obi, I'm a 17-7 applicant. I have already completed the exam, medical, submitted background, and I have my fitness test for 10th and my structure due interview for the 12th. Where are you in your pre-employment process? Good luck

• Hey guys, I'm part of the 17-10 wave. Just took my Entrance Exam and waiting on the results! Anybody else a part of the 17-10 or farther along in the process feeling good?
                        "Honor First"

Comment

• I too took the 17-10 test. I am awaiting the results as well

Comment

• weston_neslon
                            weston_neslon commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Nice, how do you think you did?

• squeakeer
                            squeakeer commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I think i did well.

• You new guys are very fortunate that they have changed the hiring process drastically recently, both in length and the steps. The only two obstacles you face after passing the entry test is the oral board and the poly. The oral board has a high pass rate, and as long as you don't **** yourself youll pass. The poly was traditionally our speed bump with a 79% fail or declination rate. Now they have a poly pilot that has a 40something percent fail, which is in line with other agencies. Our PT is participation now, and the other steps are no brainers like drug test etc. Good luck to all.

honor first

Comment

• squeakeer
                            squeakeer commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Wow thank you for the update.

• rassi1288
                            rassi1288 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            so they did change the poly now?? thats good to hear and hopefully they are able to get more bodies down there!!

• battlewagon
                            battlewagon commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It is a pilot program so not a permanent change to the test. But hopefully it will be. Don't have any other info on the new version in the pilot unfortunately

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                          You new guys are very fortunate that they have changed the hiring process drastically recently, both in length and the steps. The only two obstacles you face after passing the entry test is the oral board and the poly. The oral board has a high pass rate, and as long as you don't **** yourself youll pass. The poly was traditionally our speed bump with a 79% fail or declination rate. Now they have a poly pilot that has a 40something percent fail, which is in line with other agencies. Our PT is participation now, and the other steps are no brainers like drug test etc. Good luck to all.
                          Thanks for the update!!!!! I'm taking the test soon!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10456 users online. 380 members and 10076 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X