300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some updates:

Got corrective lenses and contacts. Submitted proof to the agency when asked.

Checked CASS today and saw that I passed fitness and med exam. They scheduled me an interview & polygraph exam for August.

I'm excited.

Comment

• A fair warning to you all. I am here when they do the PFT2 for both USBP and OFO. Somewhere between a minimum of a quarter, and as high as half of each testing group fails the run. I would say 2/3 of those who fail are failing because, guessing by body shape, they aren't ready. Can't help those that don't prep.

But the fair warning is regarding the heat. It has been 104/111 heat index here for a few days in a row, and people are coming and getting destroyed by that. They are saying they have passed it every time they run on their own, but are running in the morning or evening/night. I would recommend running in the dead heat of the day if you live and/or are going to test in a similar environment to see if you're going to make the cut. Safely of course, run with someone, hydrate, etc. Plus, that is how it will be at the academy if you go in the spring and summer.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by StarfishPrime View Post
        Hello everybody.

I'm a 23 year old male in NYC who will be earning a BA in December.

I thought I would post my current application timeline for those who are interested.

5/1/16 - Entrance Examination
        5/25/16 - NOR - Passed with grade of 94.
        6/7/16 - Submitted SF-86.
        6/28/16 - Contacted to schedule Medical Exam and PFT-1.

It's scary how fast this is moving. At this rate, I could very well be employed as soon as I graduate college.

I'm optimistic about the PFT1.

Anyone have any advice for me regarding anything about the BPA position?
        Did someone contact you to start the SF86? I thought the SI was first? I just received my NOR passing score email.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboy21 View Post
          I applied 2/6/16 Entrance Exam on 2/20/16 and got the call for hire on 7/19/16
          I have a Bachelors in Criminal Justice, not sure if that sped up the process. Scored 94 on test.

What would yall have chosen?

Hebbronville
          Falfurrias
          Laredo North
          Freer

Those were my options.
          ítoma sir!

man that is lose-lose list. I would have taken Fal or Freer. Neither one of those because of the quality of station, but because you can still live somewhere decent (McAllen or north for Freer).

good luck.

Just took the entrance exam to try to rehire to another station where I can do boats; never gonna happen where I'm at.

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
            A fair warning to you all. I am here when they do the PFT2 for both USBP and OFO. Somewhere between a minimum of a quarter, and as high as half of each testing group fails the run. I would say 2/3 of those who fail are failing because, guessing by body shape, they aren't ready. Can't help those that don't prep.

But the fair warning is regarding the heat. It has been 104/111 heat index here for a few days in a row, and people are coming and getting destroyed by that. They are saying they have passed it every time they run on their own, but are running in the morning or evening/night. I would recommend running in the dead heat of the day if you live and/or are going to test in a similar environment to see if you're going to make the cut. Safely of course, run with someone, hydrate, etc. Plus, that is how it will be at the academy if you go in the spring and summer.
            If they don't prepare they deserve to get sent packing. No pity
            Last edited by CriticalOperator; 08-01-2016, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• Hello all, I have just started the process, I have my medical in a few weeks. I have bad vision in both eyes and I know I will need the lasik eye surgery. My question is should I have the surgery done before I go to the medical exam, my doctor can fit me in next week, or is it best to wait until I get the notice that I failed the vision test?

Comment

• What did everyone use to open the E-Qip preparation tool? It will not open in adobe for me?

Comment

Last edited by ACO88; 07-07-2019, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACO88 View Post
                    I would have chosen anywhere on the northern border or turn down the offer.
                    But there is no hiring for the northern border right now, and hasn't been for years?

16-9 scores came out. Scored a 96, applied to rehire, my brother scored a 94, first time applicant. Good luck to all. Hoping my brother can get on in 6-7 months like you all seem to be doing, unlike the 2+ years everyone in my class had to suffer through when I originally got on.

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                      But there is no hiring for the northern border right now, and hasn't been for years?

16-9 scores came out. Scored a 96, applied to rehire, my brother scored a 94, first time applicant. Good luck to all. Hoping my brother can get on in 6-7 months like you all seem to be doing, unlike the 2+ years everyone in my class had to suffer through when I originally got on.
                      Rehire just for those boats right?

Comment

Last edited by ACO88; 07-07-2019, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by service4others View Post
                          Rehire just for those boats right?
                          Si sir, plus commute time and all that, even though I love my current station with all my heart

Originally posted by ACO88 View Post
                          Yeah. Thats why I didn't even apply. I was kind of joking with the guy about going through the whole hiring process and then telling them you are willing to go anywhere on the northern border and see what they say.
                          Lo veo, sign me up for a resident agent gig tho

honor first

Comment

• So transfers are not happening right now?? Even transferring from places like Arizona to Texas? Is it possible for the future or would you have to reapply?

Comment

• Swaps and Robs happen every few months but you need 3 years in. Vrp is open every now and then but if you are one of the lucky ones it's like winning the lotto. Or you can do what most do and just re apply. You take a pay grade hit but it gets reinstated after a few months.

Comment

• BPA vs Local LE- Can someone list Pros and Cons for both? Anyone who has switched to one or the other? Active BPAs and or Local LE that are thinking about switching.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8746 users online. 430 members and 8316 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X