Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long of a wait until after taking the initial exam for NOR ?

Comment

• Originally posted by service4others View Post
      How long of a wait until after taking the initial exam for NOR ?
      It's pretty much random. Some people get it days, weeks or months later. I myself recieved it 3 days later.

Comment

• Anyone on here from announcement 16-3? I took my drug test Friday and got an email stating that I've been referred to the training/scheduling unit and that I am just pending the phone call for final job offer. Also, I checked my cass this morning and it only has pending EOD now. Anybody know the timetable for this step?

Comment

• I am an agent now. Don't expect a time table for anything in the process or any government process. Could be tomorrow, could be a month, could be year.

Comment

• Yea, I was just wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation cause it seemed like my process went really fast. But I got the call today! I EOD on 8/8/16 and I chose the Falfurrias station. I've heard different opinions on this station but a friend who worked there told me it wasn't as bad as some say or assume and that they do more than just stay at the checkpoint like other stations. Any info on this station?

Comment

• Falfungus. Good luck! If you want on honest opinion I will share. If not. Just enjoy the ride

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboy21 View Post
                Yea, I was just wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation cause it seemed like my process went really fast. But I got the call today! I EOD on 8/8/16 and I chose the Falfurrias station. I've heard different opinions on this station but a friend who worked there told me it wasn't as bad as some say or assume and that they do more than just stay at the checkpoint like other stations. Any info on this station?
                One of my best friends works there. He likes it, but I'll put it this way, he Is always looking for an opportunity to get to another station or detail to sector HQ, etc. One thing FAL has going for it is they have a government provided Van pool. 150 deposit and you can get a ride to the station every day. Must be nice...

What was your total time, from the initial test to EOD? My brother is applying on this current announcement and I want to advise him.
                UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Yea, I was just wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation cause it seemed like my process went really fast. But I got the call today! I EOD on 8/8/16 and I chose the Falfurrias station. I've heard different opinions on this station but a friend who worked there told me it wasn't as bad as some say or assume and that they do more than just stay at the checkpoint like other stations. Any info on this station?
                  They don't call it Falistan for nothing. Its a third world ugly checkpoint in BFE.

Comment

• I applied 2/6/16 Entrance Exam on 2/20/16 and got the call for hire on 7/19/16
                    I have a Bachelors in Criminal Justice, not sure if that sped up the process. Scored 94 on test.

What would yall have chosen?

Hebbronville
                    Falfurrias
                    Laredo North
                    Freer

Those were my options.
                    Last edited by Cowboy21; 07-21-2016, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• .....................not fal.

Comment

I applied 2/6/16 Entrance Exam on 2/20/16 and got the call for hire on 7/19/16
                        I have a Bachelors in Criminal Justice, not sure if that sped up the process. Scored 94 on test.
                        Your degree had zero effect on that surprisingly quick timeline. I would ask if you are a veteran, but we didn't open up the VRA announcement until April.

Did you attend a hiring hub?

Comment

• Well I'm keeping a positive attitude about Falfurrias. I know a few people that like that station. I'm a pretty optimistic guy, I know I'll make the best of it.

I didn't attend a hiring hub i just applied online. Maybe because I'm very fluent in Spanish?

Comment

I didn't attend a hiring hub i just applied online. Maybe because I'm very fluent in Spanish?
                            Nope, that had nothing to do with it either.

Regardless, congrats on being remarkably healthy, honest, and a young person who has lived in one town your entire life! (I'm guessing on the last one.) That definitely decreased the longer portions.

Comment

• Originally posted by RLB4104 View Post
                              Nope, that had nothing to do with it either.

Regardless, congrats on being remarkably healthy, honest, and a young person who has lived in one town your entire life! (I'm guessing on the last one.) That definitely decreased the longer portions.
                              Yup took me 3 years from App to EOD. Pretty much was the same for my entire class. 3 years was the avg. some waited 5-10.

Comment

• Cowboy 21, I was in the same hiring cycle as you, good to hear they are calling people!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6960 users online. 297 members and 6663 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X