Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the locations currently open with these announcements what would one recommend for a good sector and large city? Coming from a bigger city looking for a station maybe in Arizona that would be good. Tucson? I also saw Dallas for Texas any word on Texas sectors? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by service4others View Post
      I also saw Dallas for Texas any word on Texas sectors?
      Lololol

Yeah no. With the exceptions of some of the Arizona stations, every station is on the border, as in five minutes from the border line. Any dreams youhave of San Antonio Dallas Houston phoenix, go ahead and scratch that. Those northern TX stations like Houston don't exist. There are like 5-10 agents at those, and they are waiting for them to retire.

The biggest cities for Texas will be Brownsville McAllen el paso.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
        Lololol

Yeah no. With the exceptions of some of the Arizona stations, every station is on the border, as in five minutes from the border line. Any dreams youhave of San Antonio Dallas Houston phoenix, go ahead and scratch that. Those northern TX stations like Houston don't exist. There are like 5-10 agents at those, and they are waiting for them to retire.

The biggest cities for Texas will be Brownsville McAllen el paso.
        I always get a chuckle reading about "what stations in Texas can I get? San Antonio or Dallas?"

Then it's followed by "well if they won't take new hires why list it?" answer is simple. To trick you into thinking you got a shot at a sweet spot like San Antonio when in reality you get Laredo. There's been a rumor that Corpus might take some new hires which should royal tick off senior agents who would give a kidney to transfer there.

Comment

• Originally posted by GITNB View Post
          I always get a chuckle reading about "what stations in Texas can I get? San Antonio or Dallas?"

Then it's followed by "well if they won't take new hires why list it?" answer is simple. To trick you into thinking you got a shot at a sweet spot like San Antonio when in reality you get Laredo. There's been a rumor that Corpus might take some new hires which should royal tick off senior agents who would give a kidney to transfer there.
          They already did. They sent at least 2 classes I know of there straight from the academy. The Choir Practice Agents forums was having a meltdown when they did. But yeah they took a ton of new guys all at once sometime in the last two years. Those cats 10 years in are going to have one or two arrests in their whole careers, 0 pounds of anything, nothing.

honor first

Comment

They already did. They sent at least 2 classes I know of there straight from the academy. The Choir Practice Agents forums was having a meltdown when they did. But yeah they took a ton of new guys all at once sometime in the last two years. Those cats 10 years in are going to have one or two arrests in their whole careers, 0 pounds of anything, nothing.
            Oh I knew about that within the last couple years but just before I left the patrol there was talk of doing it again. Everyone was in a uproar over it cause no one can seem to get a VRP or heck even an ROB there but new hires get it? And that's true they won't have anything worth while in their career being stationed there. That's why new hires shouldn't go there. It's a dam shame and they wonder why everyone is jumping ship.

Comment

• Not giving agents ROBS or VRP to CC is the least of our problems. Id take nothing in Corpus over being stationed in Mexico any day of the week. The United States ends at the southern tip of San Antonio.

Comment

• Originally posted by AL_NERI View Post
                Not giving agents ROBS or VRP to CC is the least of our problems. Id take nothing in Corpus over being stationed in Mexico any day of the week. The United States ends at the southern tip of San Antonio.
                Like I always say, I live and work in northern occupied mexico. even the solicitors that come to my door don't speak English lol

honor first

Comment

• I stopped answering the door lol. Trying to sleep during the day on midnights they constantly ring the doorbell looking for work. Drives me nuts.

Comment

• When there are agents trying to get home but those spots are being given to new hires it's a kick in the ***. It's just like the northern border hiring push from years ago. The patrol has a ton wrong with it morale is steadily declining everyday and that is why everyone is leaving for other agencies.

And I agree Mexico basically reaches up to the southern end of of SA. I sent my kid back to my home state to go to school cause the schools in the border town I was stuck in were complete trash.

Solicitors knew not to come to my door. I had it out with the local lawn guy.

Comment

• I had one foot out the door in the academy. I took this job as a sacrifice for the single reason I was told by many 1811's I know its the best possible stepping stone. Hopefully that pans out. Tons of agents are jumping ship if they can. Many are going right over to ERO. I am still here because ATF, DEA, FBI are taking forever. I must admit if it weren't for this job I wouldn't have had the opportunity to be in the processes for those agencies I have no prior military. So, all in all there is at least one positive and if I am hired then it was all worth it.

Comment

• Good luck to you brother. I got out with ERO.

Comment

• Originally posted by AL_NERI View Post
                          I had one foot out the door in the academy. I took this job as a sacrifice for the single reason I was told by many 1811's I know its the best possible stepping stone. Hopefully that pans out. Tons of agents are jumping ship if they can. Many are going right over to ERO. I am still here because ATF, DEA, FBI are taking forever. I must admit if it weren't for this job I wouldn't have had the opportunity to be in the processes for those agencies I have no prior military. So, all in all there is at least one positive and if I am hired then it was all worth it.
                          I hear ya. I love the Patrol but it is definitely a good place for anyone to start. Same as you, I am not considered a veteran despite being in the military reserves now, and never finished my degree (working on it), so just by being here I have had a sundry of options and paths created for me I never would have. I've turned down firm offers elsewhere in the gov't with imm related jobs because I am an 'expert' in immigration through BP, 10-3'd the FAMS process near the end, so on and so forth.

If I am here until retirement, so be it, I can get down with that. But doors are open for PAs, especially now more than ever with the ICE DO.

Just saying this to help undue any discouraging that these potential recruits are reading. long and short boys and girls who are in the BP process, apply. you may not like the job, or may love it like me. either way, do you time, sometimes as short as 2-3 years, and you are made for other jobs. I have had classmates who when we weren't even two years in leave for ICE, DEA, ATF, USSS, so on and so forth.

honor first

Comment

As if those things matter.

As long as the Border Patrol values and rewards seniority - which accrues at the exact same rate for studs and slugs alike - over experience or talent, then there is literally zero reason for any agent to value experience over seniority either.

People assigned to slow stations in high QOL areas get paid just as much money and are just as hard to fire as those in non-desirable border towns getting overrun with traffic. If even one senior slug threw a crybaby fit over a new hire getting a cush no-work posting over him, then consider my morale raised accordingly.

Comment

I hear ya. I love the Patrol but it is definitely a good place for anyone to start. Same as you, I am not considered a veteran despite being in the military reserves now, and never finished my degree (working on it), so just by being here I have had a sundry of options and paths created for me I never would have. I've turned down firm offers elsewhere in the gov't with imm related jobs because I am an 'expert' in immigration through BP, 10-3'd the FAMS process near the end, so on and so forth.

If I am here until retirement, so be it, I can get down with that. But doors are open for PAs, especially now more than ever with the ICE DO.

Just saying this to help undue any discouraging that these potential recruits are reading. long and short boys and girls who are in the BP process, apply. you may not like the job, or may love it like me. either way, do you time, sometimes as short as 2-3 years, and you are made for other jobs. I have had classmates who when we weren't even two years in leave for ICE, DEA, ATF, USSS, so on and so forth.
                              Did you join the Reserves after BP just curious and went to basic too?
                              Last edited by service4others; 06-26-2016, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by service4others View Post
                                Did you join the Reserves after BP just curious and went to basic too?
                                Yes joined after I finished my probation year, 1.5 years in when I left. Took LWOP and it was the biggest pain in the ***. When I returned, I didn't have email for months, for like 3 weeks I wasn't in the system so I was just coming in to work and getting transport van etc because it wasn't populating my name I the 259, they STILL owe me money from health care premiums they took out while I was gone (they weren't supposed to).

honor first

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4251 users online. 192 members and 4059 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X