300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MTLion View Post
    Just did my medical today..... Everything past and present checked out pretty much perfect except the colorblind test, which I didn't do well on. However, the interviewing physician was able to determine afterwards I can easily distinguish different colors by just asking me to identify the color of various items in the exam room. He noted that in the report.

Would any level of colorblindness be grounds for a DQ?
    My guess is that you will be okay. They might make you go to an eye doctor for an exam and then the medical review will decide.

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

take a good look at the states retirement, on the job benefits like take home rides etc. we have it pretty good but for example texas state troopers and game wardens benefits, retirement, and 'day to day' benefits (on the clock commuting, take homes, etc) **** on ours.

I will already have a retirement. I retire from the Army in June with 22 years. The Border Patrol pays a lot more then FWC but the FWC is my dream job. The Border Patrol is another way for me to continue to serve my country. I am going to ride both of them out and see how it pans out. But I think I will have to make a decision by June on way or the other. But thanks for the advice.

Comment

• This VRA announcement is not expedited. Haven't heard anything since submitting eqip

Comment

• Originally posted by CriticalOperator View Post
          This VRA announcement is not expedited. Haven't heard anything since submitting eqip
          Expedited is a state of mind when it comes to getting hired into the Feds lol. If you thought it was going to be 6 months flash to bang, you're wrong.

However the recruiters stated during their briefings that it would be, however it will still take 12+ months. ...which is expedited compared to a 2-4 year average with other agencies.

Patience is key or you'll go insane.

Also, you'll get an email once your BI packet is sent to DC. So expect that about 4-6 weeks after submission.
          "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Just got my email today saying that my SI/OHB is scheduled for two weeks from now, and that I need to go ahead and schedule my Med/PFT1. Hopefully two weeks from now I will have all of those knocked out and can be moving on. This process has gone a bit quicker than I had imagined it would.

Comment

• So, I have been reading this forum for a little while now and just wanted to say hello and that as of right now, I am in the process with BPA and CBPO. Applied for both, because anything could happen. But I am much further along with BPA (background submitted, physical, medical and oral boards setup). Took tests for both and passed both. BPA I am in as a GS9 due to my law enforcement and SWAT background. With CBPO I am a GS5. I want BPA more though, so hopefully it works out.

With BPA, I have to complete my finger prints today (place opens at 1pm) and I am waiting for them to schedule my medical and physical test. I should have the medical tomorrow, but they still haven't set the time for it. The physical is next week, just not sure where either (Tucson or Yuma). And later this month I have oral boards, which are the toughest for me.

Anyways, I am here just trying to get a good sense of the Academy and any other information I can find or discuss. So far it has been great and hopefully it all falls into place.
              Sworn - 9/16/11

Comment

• Originally posted by Boomslang View Post
                Anyways, I am here just trying to get a good sense of the Academy and any other information I can find or discuss. So far it has been great and hopefully it all falls into place.
                Check out http://www.honorfirst.com/ and they have a forum just for BP applicants and you can find everything you want to know and more

Comment

So, I have been reading this forum for a little while now and just wanted to say hello and that as of right now, I am in the process with BPA and CBPO. Applied for both, because anything could happen. But I am much further along with BPA (background submitted, physical, medical and oral boards setup). Took tests for both and passed both. BPA I am in as a GS9 due to my law enforcement and SWAT background. With CBPO I am a GS5. I want BPA more though, so hopefully it works out.

With BPA, I have to complete my finger prints today (place opens at 1pm) and I am waiting for them to schedule my medical and physical test. I should have the medical tomorrow, but they still haven't set the time for it. The physical is next week, just not sure where either (Tucson or Yuma). And later this month I have oral boards, which are the toughest for me.

If you're a SWAT guy and your unit has continual PT standards then you'll be fine at the academy. Its just a lot lot of running, and cross fit style stuff. Getting beat down in the mat room. 10 buries 20 mountain climbers stand up down up down 20 4 count slow pushups duck walk across the room, etc for 1-2 hours every other day. You can't fail or be kicked out for failing you just have to keep pushing. Most of the class would be beat, a few SF/prior cross fit instructors etc would still be 100 but it is intense but good

artesia is almost 4000 ft elevation which no one knows and neither did I so the oxygen is hard to come by as you get accumulated. O was fine after three days. A run with one of those oxygen mask though I have no experience with them may help train you. Academics are very tough they are the hardest they have been ever in the Academy now. Since I graduated and most people on here they have made it harder and easier to get kicked out for academic. 2 month Spanish after the normal Academy if you don't speak very fluent
                  UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                  "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Got an email today for my SI and it is in two weeks. Things are moving right along. Hopefully this timeline keeps up.

Comment

• Yeah, i live in Northern AZ, so I am use to higher altitudes. Mine is about 5500-6200 feet up. I run, workout and do other activities, and though the Academy PT will be harder, at least I am not going cold.

Only worry now is my medical. My eyes have gotten worse. I can see probably 20/70 out of my right and 20/20 out of my left, but getting new glasses and won't be here for 2 weeks. Have the medical next week and won't have the glasses.
                      Sworn - 9/16/11

Comment

• you might want to see if you can reschedule a week later. i had friends with **** vision, and they failed or whatever, and then got lasik. when they told MHC they allowed them to retest, but it added a year to their process

honor first

Comment

• about 24 hours left to apply for those considering

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/427636500/

honor first

Comment

• Cleared my drug test. Got email to schedule medical and fitness exam.

Comment

So, I have been reading this forum for a little while now and just wanted to say hello and that as of right now, I am in the process with BPA and CBPO. Applied for both, because anything could happen. But I am much further along with BPA (background submitted, physical, medical and oral boards setup). Took tests for both and passed both. BPA I am in as a GS9 due to my law enforcement and SWAT background. With CBPO I am a GS5. I want BPA more though, so hopefully it works out.

Why are you leaving your current LEO and swat position? Just curious. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by service4others View Post
                                Why are you leaving your current LEO and swat position? Just curious. Thanks.
                                Just wanting something different. I guess when it comes down to it, I want to be more front line. I have seen the destruction that drugs and other stuff have done to the community and I would like to be at the line stopping it from coming over. As an officer and with a department as small as mine, you don't have the ability to really get in deep and go to the root of the issue. For the most part you are just clipping the buds, if that makes any sense. I know it sounds corny and that the work would be different, but I am really wanting it for these reasons. There are smaller reasons, but nothing big.

A buddy of mine was a LEO, then went to Bp, then got into BORTAC. He left because of family reasons, but then went back to BP and back into BORTAC about a year later. He loves it and told me I should come over. After thinking about it and working a little longer as a LEO, I decided that the best move would be for BP.
                                Sworn - 9/16/11

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12695 users online. 495 members and 12200 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X