Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does the agent only forum still exist? i cant find it. used to be a link on the hiring delphi forum

10-3 found it.

and yeah i hear ya man about retirement. might as well ride it out homie!
    Last edited by battlewagon; 02-19-2016, 02:35 AM.
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Sf86 for the vra 16-1 submitted

Comment

• I have been employed with the BOP for a year now. I just received my test date for BPA. I selected the Tucson sector.
        Question:
        Since I already went through the hiring process with BOP, will that in any way expedite my hiring process with the BPA? For example, background?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeltaScout View Post
          I have been employed with the BOP for a year now. I just received my test date for BPA. I selected the Tucson sector.
          Question:
          Since I already went through the hiring process with BOP, will that in any way expedite my hiring process with the BPA? For example, background?
          Nothing.

Comment

• Does anyone know if there is a SI location in the northeast? I live in the Boston area, but I've heard of other applicants having to fly to other parts of the country for theirs. It won't be a hardship for me to fly elsewhere, but I'd just like to have a plan in place when I get scheduled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by MTLion View Post
              Does anyone know if there is a SI location in the northeast? I live in the Boston area, but I've heard of other applicants having to fly to other parts of the country for theirs. It won't be a hardship for me to fly elsewhere, but I'd just like to have a plan in place when I get scheduled.

My SI group had a guy from across the country and he flew in for each step. Also, the application questionnaire listed the available testing/interview/poly locations (so I'm assuming you browsed through them). I doubt they'll make a special accommodation but you can always call MHC and ask.
              "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

Does anyone know if there is a SI location in the northeast? I live in the Boston area, but I've heard of other applicants having to fly to other parts of the country for theirs. It won't be a hardship for me to fly elsewhere, but I'd just like to have a plan in place when I get scheduled.

let me tell you about the chorizo the patrol gave me in the hiring process.

every step was absolute last minute.

for my oral board, they called me on Monday, and asked if I was still interested. said of course. they said can you report for your oral board Thursday? yeah of course. ok sounds good sir, your oral board will be in Tucson. I lived in NC at the time.

wanting the job and not knowing any better, and not wanting to risk losing it, I did it. two plane tickets bought 2 days before flying, all rental cars in the whole airport booked due to another event resulting in getting a car through different channels, hotels everything totaled almost 3000 dollars. all your dime. worth it now because I have a sweet job, but yeah that hurt. oh and plus the speeding in a school zone ticket I got while there, because I guess some school zones they don't have the signs out, you are supposed to just know (??)

then, called me with a firm job offer at the end of the process. called on Monday, and gave the offer, contingent upon passing the PFT2 (hadn't taken at that point). 'wow thank I accept the job' okay we need you to perform your PFT2, itll be Wednesday (less than 48 hours) three states away. passed it Wednesday. get a call Thursday morning, congrats you passed, you EOD Monday, (2 business days). had to up and quit my life in less than 48 hours, leave my current job with a one day notice (sorry guys), cancel housing arrangements, sell car, etc etc

lots of chorizo, no lube.

again all worth it, love my job now but they ****ed me good. and keep in mind my hiring process, like my whole class, was over two years. it's not like they were expediting things, they just made it hard

honor first

Comment

• Wow, pretty much the exact scenario I was envisioning as worst case!

I want the job more than anything, so I'll be prepared for the worst and make it work any way it goes.

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Wow, pretty much the exact scenario I was envisioning as worst case!

I want the job more than anything, so I'll be prepared for the worst and make it work any way it goes.

Thanks for the heads up!

I had classmates that were just as short notice, but everything within an hour drive. I think I got it bad because the place I selected in my application to do my testing (4 hours away) withdrew as a testing center. so hopefully it wont happen to you. my poly was the only thing convenient. short notice, but 10 minute drive (CBP port in the airport)

honor first

Comment

• I was doing over seas contract work when I was going thru the hiring process. I had to fly to Hawaii to take my Oral board, and the medical. With the short notice plane ticket, hotel, had to buy a new suit, shoes, socks, tie, yada yada yada. I was about $2500ish into the process. From the time I took the artificial language exam, to the time EOD and started at FLETC in Georgia, it was 18 months.
                      Last edited by DiverB72; 02-20-2016, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• If I currently work for OFO in Nogales and I apply to jump to Border Patrol, I cannot be assigned to Nogales station because it is within 100 miles of where I currently live? Does that sound right?

Comment

• Well received my TSL yesterday! Started on e-quip today, will be finished tomorrow when I can upload some documents. Things are moving right along. But I also got invited down to Florida for the Florida Wildlife Commission Law Enforcement Physical Abilities Test. I am stoked about both job opportunities. Just hope one of them pans out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ski181 View Post
                            If I currently work for OFO in Nogales and I apply to jump to Border Patrol, I cannot be assigned to Nogales station because it is within 100 miles of where I currently live? Does that sound right?
                            unknown how that works for current employees. good question though

Originally posted by Stsm1009 View Post
                            Well received my TSL yesterday! Started on e-quip today, will be finished tomorrow when I can upload some documents. Things are moving right along. But I also got invited down to Florida for the Florida Wildlife Commission Law Enforcement Physical Abilities Test. I am stoked about both job opportunities. Just hope one of them pans out.

take a good look at the states retirement, on the job benefits like take home rides etc. we have it pretty good but for example texas state troopers and game wardens benefits, retirement, and 'day to day' benefits (on the clock commuting, take homes, etc) **** on ours.

honor first

Comment

• Just did my medical today..... Everything past and present checked out pretty much perfect except the colorblind test, which I didn't do well on. However, the interviewing physician was able to determine afterwards I can easily distinguish different colors by just asking me to identify the color of various items in the exam room. He noted that in the report.

Would any level of colorblindness be grounds for a DQ?

Comment

Just did my medical today..... Everything past and present checked out pretty much perfect except the colorblind test, which I didn't do well on. However, the interviewing physician was able to determine afterwards I can easily distinguish different colors by just asking me to identify the color of various items in the exam room. He noted that in the report.

Would any level of colorblindness be grounds for a DQ?
                                My classmate is red/green colorblind, and he's here, no clue how they let they fly but they were fully aware of it

honor first

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12061 users online. 475 members and 11586 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X