Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been reading a lot of this thread, some really good information here. I applied for 16-3, tested, and got my NOR back already. I got NOR for GL 5,7,and 9......does this mean anything? I have been reading and no one has said anything about GL 9, just wondering.

Comment

• you probably wont get nine unless you are a prior law enforcement, military, SF, SEAL oper8tor. we had one in my class, and ive heard they've more or less done away with it at this point. Even current BP agents who get rehired are being rehired at GL 7 step 10
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
        Even current BP agents who get rehired are being rehired at GL 7 step 10

I called TCA sector and they offered a 12-2 upon rehire. Of course nothing is final...but that was just what HR passed along to me.

Comment

• yeah I am 22 year Army Infantry veteran. I retire in June and hopefully will be put to work with BPA or Florida Wildlife Commission. I got both applications going so we will how things play out. Thanks for all the good information on here.

Comment

• I think I'm one of the few vets that didn't put in for GL-09 haha. Oops.
            "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by NC_Mtnman View Post
              I called TCA sector and they offered a 12-2 upon rehire. Of course nothing is final...but that was just what HR passed along to me.
              rehires are at the sector's discretion. i had a classmate get rehired at the 7/10, and in their agreement they reinstated their previous pay after 90 days.

as far as your rehire, Minneapolis is hiring you at a gl7/10, but like i said and like happened to you, sectors can put you back to your old pay, or somewhere in between at their discretion.

honor first

Comment

• well on my application I stated that the lowest level I would take was GL 5. Its just my NOR had GL 5, 7, and 9 that I qualified for. I haven't gotten a TSL yet so I don't know what is going on. I just got my NOR on 11 Feb, so I will give them another week and then I will start to really wonder what's going on.

Comment

• When I turned down the Secret Service last year, they only offered me GS9, even thought I'm a 12-6. I asked about coming over as a 11 and they basically told me there are enough applicant who will take the job at the 7 level so....

Comment

• Originally posted by DiverB72 View Post
                    When I turned down the Secret Service last year, they only offered me GS9, even thought I'm a 12-6. I asked about coming over as a 11 and they basically told me there are enough applicant who will take the job at the 7 level so....
                    yeah that's true. **** they could probably hire in USSS DEA ATF all of those at a five and i think most people would still be on board. **** i would be if it meant getting home. hell id take a 9 to get northern florida (jacksonville) with the BP, and sign an agreement that i will never go above 9, just steps.

Originally posted by Stsm1009 View Post
                    well on my application I stated that the lowest level I would take was GL 5. Its just my NOR had GL 5, 7, and 9 that I qualified for. I haven't gotten a TSL yet so I don't know what is going on. I just got my NOR on 11 Feb, so I will give them another week and then I will start to really wonder what's going on.
                    Why? there's no set time frame you are supposed to receive your TSL. i just searched in my email inbox for **** and giggles 2010/11, and there was 8 months from my NOR to TSL.

honor first

Comment

• I'm like 6 yrs from being able to retire, and once I found out where I was offered with USSS, I would have had to sell my boat, snowmobile, 2 of my 3 vehicle's, and most likely would have had to rent rather than buy a house. I figured this close to retirement, I better just sit put and finish my time here with mean green.

In all honestly I have it too good here with BP. I'm able to go teach at the academy usually every year, and I'm like #14 on the seniority board, so I can get what ever days off I want. Grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. Now if I was only 26-30yrs old and just starting out, yea I would jump ship

Comment

• Diver, I'm trying to send you a PM and it's not letting me.
                        CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
                        09/13/15 App (Laredo)
                        09/23 Exam
                        10/09 Rfrd GS-7
                        10/18 Score - 98
                        10/26 eQip Email
                        10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
                        10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
                        11/04 Med/PFT1
                        11/04 eQip Sent
                        11/10 "" Accptd
                        11/23 VBT/SI
                        11/24 ""(Pass)
                        12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
                        09/18/15 App (S. TX)
                        10/28 Exam (ALT)
                        11/15 ReApp (AZ)
                        11/18 Score (100)
                        11/20 TSL GS-5
                        12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
                        02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

• Anyone have any experience with handling an issue with Medical Review Unit? Just wondering how long it will take for them to review it after I sent in the information that they requested.

Comment

• Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
                            Anyone have any experience with handling an issue with Medical Review Unit? Just wondering how long it will take for them to review it after I sent in the information that they requested.
                            Just replied to your CBP post.
                            CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
                            09/13/15 App (Laredo)
                            09/23 Exam
                            10/09 Rfrd GS-7
                            10/18 Score - 98
                            10/26 eQip Email
                            10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
                            10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
                            11/04 Med/PFT1
                            11/04 eQip Sent
                            11/10 "" Accptd
                            11/23 VBT/SI
                            11/24 ""(Pass)
                            12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
                            09/18/15 App (S. TX)
                            10/28 Exam (ALT)
                            11/15 ReApp (AZ)
                            11/18 Score (100)
                            11/20 TSL GS-5
                            12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
                            02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

• Have you checked out this forum? Its purely for BP hiring process and has a ton of good information

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mai...gid=2062915956

http://www.honorfirst.com/

Comment

• Oh wow, that is a long time. Well I am just trying to have something lined up for when I get out in June. Trying not to go without a paycheck (other then a retirement check that doesn't mount up to a hill of beans) for too long. I have just read on here and other places that people get TSL a week or two after there NOR. It's just hard to sit around and wait. LOL.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11165 users online. 454 members and 10711 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X