300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moose225 View Post
    Congrats on the score! Hate this waiting game to find out my results, I took the test well before you did and still havent heard anything back haha.
    Thank you! So hard to predict anything with these processes. Hope you hear back soon!

Originally posted by calebggodwin View Post
    Congrats CJS... And so it begins!
    Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by CriticalOperator View Post
      That was a reinstatement opportunity in your link.
      Former Border Patrol Agents separated from CBP for more than one year OR veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions

it was open to vets who had never been a CBP employee before
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
        Former Border Patrol Agents separated from CBP for more than one year OR veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions

it was open to vets who had never been a CBP employee before
        I was going to apply to that announcement but I am under one year. When I called HR to ask about it they seemed as confused as I was about why they want people separated for MORE than one year only.

Comment

• Does anyone know if individual the steps in the BPA hiring process are the same (in sequence) for all applicants, or does it vary in any way?

I just got my exam score back last week, and already received the email to submit my BI packet.... Thought I would have received notice to take the PFT, and SI before the BI, which has usually been the case in other LE jobs I've applied for.

Really excited about it either way, but just wanted to hear if anyone else's process has been different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Having been reading for a few months it appears quite random. Check some of the timelines posted and you'll see what I mean.
            CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
            09/13/15 App (Laredo)
            09/23 Exam
            10/09 Rfrd GS-7
            10/18 Score - 98
            10/26 eQip Email
            10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
            10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
            11/04 Med/PFT1
            11/04 eQip Sent
            11/10 "" Accptd
            11/23 VBT/SI
            11/24 ""(Pass)
            12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
            09/18/15 App (S. TX)
            10/28 Exam (ALT)
            11/15 ReApp (AZ)
            11/18 Score (100)
            11/20 TSL GS-5
            12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
            02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

• Originally posted by calebggodwin View Post
              Having been reading for a few months it appears quite random. Check some of the timelines posted and you'll see what I mean.
              Yup... Looks like you and I are on the same timeline though.

Comment

• Originally posted by calebggodwin View Post
                Congrats CJS... And so it begins!

Did you have to retake the Medical since you already took it with the CBPO? Mine should still be good since I am told it transfers over.

And if you didn't have to take it again, Did you tell the medical line that you schedule them with that you already took it or did CBP tell them?

Comment

• Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
                  Did you have to retake the Medical since you already took it with the CBPO? Mine should still be good since I am told it transfers over.

And if you didn't have to take it again, Did you tell the medical line that you schedule them with that you already took it or did CBP tell them?
                  Took CBP med/pft1. A month or so later I had to only go in for the Border Patrol Pft1, no medical. That transferred it seems, but I just had to authorize them to release the visual acuity for BPA to look at also.
                  CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
                  09/13/15 App (Laredo)
                  09/23 Exam
                  10/09 Rfrd GS-7
                  10/18 Score - 98
                  10/26 eQip Email
                  10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
                  10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
                  11/04 Med/PFT1
                  11/04 eQip Sent
                  11/10 "" Accptd
                  11/23 VBT/SI
                  11/24 ""(Pass)
                  12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
                  09/18/15 App (S. TX)
                  10/28 Exam (ALT)
                  11/15 ReApp (AZ)
                  11/18 Score (100)
                  11/20 TSL GS-5
                  12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
                  02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

• Just release docs/info for my BI..... Things have been moving quicker than I thought so far, so I hope it keeps up.

I just noticed on my TSL that in the header of the email, the "Considered For" line says: CBP Entry Level OFO USBP

Does anyone know the difference between OFO Border Patrol Agent and OBP Border Patrol Agent, or are they the same? I assumed all BPA jobs were under OBP, but the job description wasn't that specific.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTLion View Post
                      Just release docs/info for my BI..... Things have been moving quicker than I thought so far, so I hope it keeps up.

I just noticed on my TSL that in the header of the email, the "Considered For" line says: CBP Entry Level OFO USBP

Does anyone know the difference between OFO Border Patrol Agent and OBP Border Patrol Agent, or are they the same? I assumed all BPA jobs were under OBP, but the job description wasn't that specific.
                      OFO is office of field operations, the guys in blue at the POEs and airports

OBP is office of border patrol, border patrol agent, what this thread is about

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                        OFO is office of field operations, the guys in blue at the POEs and airports

OBP is office of border patrol, border patrol agent, what this thread is about
                        Agreed, but the title of the job posting I applied for was for "Border Patrol Agent", which I thought was strictly under OBP. I was confused when I saw OFO in the email.

Comment

• 4 weeks and counting and still no test results. Starting to get worried that maybe something happened at the testing center and the exam didnt get submitted. I was the only one there and the lady had never had anyone test with her before, hopefully nothing happened on her end that wouldve messed something up.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTLion View Post
                            Agreed, but the title of the job posting I applied for was for "Border Patrol Agent", which I thought was strictly under OBP. I was confused when I saw OFO in the email.
                            The hiring process for both is done by the same group of people in Minneapolis, and maybe the initial application process goes through the same email and processing systems, since the process is fairly similar. If you sweat the small details like that, youre going to have a bad time in the application process; it is fraught with issues and errors, but no worries; if you are qualified you will get your COE eventually.

honor first

Comment

• Are there any BPA's that were prior full time LEO's on here? I'm a full time LEO and just recently applied for BPA

Comment

• Got my NORs today. Scored a 96. Also in the hiring process with CBP but would much rather take a border patrol position. Just did pft1 and med with cbp yesterday and passed so hoping I won't have to repeat much with border patrol if I get a tentative. I applied for south Texas but wouldn't wanna spend my entire life out there. Anyone know if there is a minimum amount of time one must work down there before being able to transfer around?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8446 users online. 433 members and 8013 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X