Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just did the PFT1. That was quite different than the CBP test, but I think it's mostly because I went to two separate locations and they had two different atmospheres. Also only had a 'minimum' to do. No scale to max out like CBP. In and out in 10 minutes.
    CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
    09/13/15 App (Laredo)
    09/23 Exam
    10/09 Rfrd GS-7
    10/18 Score - 98
    10/26 eQip Email
    10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
    10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
    11/04 Med/PFT1
    11/04 eQip Sent
    11/10 "" Accptd
    11/23 VBT/SI
    11/24 ""(Pass)
    12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
    09/18/15 App (S. TX)
    10/28 Exam (ALT)
    11/15 ReApp (AZ)
    11/18 Score (100)
    11/20 TSL GS-5
    12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
    02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

• Originally posted by MTlion View Post
      Will it be expedited for all applicants, or just veterans? Taking the exam next week, so I'm trying to get a better handle on the timeline...>Thx
      Only the VRA announcement for BPA and CBPO are being expedited. If you're a veteran who applied under the non-VRA announcement, you wont be expedited.

Note: The VRA announcements are listed as such in the number... This does not mean that VRA/VEOA eligible announcements (such as BPA 15-1, 16-1, 16-2, etc) will be expedited if you are a vet. You need to visit their website and follow the VRA link to the VRA-specific posting. I think you only have a few days left to get the app in if you're in the area.

Good luck!
      "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
        Only the VRA announcement for BPA and CBPO are being expedited. If you're a veteran who applied under the non-VRA announcement, you wont be expedited.

Note: The VRA announcements are listed as such in the number... This does not mean that VRA/VEOA eligible announcements (such as BPA 15-1, 16-1, 16-2, etc) will be expedited if you are a vet. You need to visit their website and follow the VRA link to the VRA-specific posting. I think you only have a few days left to get the app in if you're in the area.

Good luck!
        I'm not a veteran, so I'll be playing the waiting game.... Just took my entrance exam today.

Comment

• Applied under the VRA announcement and just was emailed a form to choose which language test I wanted to take.

Comment

• Applied for the 15-3 Announcment for West Texas/New Mexico.

What is the average time from applying to EOD? It appears that the process has become quicker recently.

Comment

• I took the entrance exam today. The artificial language portion was a little more challenging than I thought it would be.

Comment

• Taking the test for the VRA announcement next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by neil.james8971 View Post
                  got "the call" today. offered me south texas. (rio grande, laredo north, south, west, or kingsville). don't know which one is better. any advice would be appreciated.
                  so what did you take. those are choice stations, RGC and KIN are great stations. KIN for where you live (but horrible work), and RGC for some of the best work in the country (but very long commute)

Originally posted by esoj37 View Post
                  If you got a high score for the 7, I would call them asap.

Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                  I got 100. I will contact them.
                  your application test score has zero bearing on your GL grade offering. that is purely from your resume. and i dont say experience because you can have the best experience in the world, but if it isnt laid out properly and thoroughly in your resume, then it doesnt exist

Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                  Any 16-1 South Texas applicant? It's been almost 2 weeks since I got my NOR and no TSL yet.

Originally posted by calebggodwin View Post
                  Seems like Border Patrol has been moving slow, at least compared to CBP. Maybe they're finally kicking off and processes will start flying. I just received an email to setup my PFT. Should I assume that the PFT doesn't transfer from CBP but the medical does? If so, that makes sense. And I guess the PFT is different than CBP. Can anyone confirm?
                  Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
                  Applied for the 15-3 Announcment for West Texas/New Mexico.

What is the average time from applying to EOD? It appears that the process has become quicker recently.
                  you guys dont know how good you have it. my class' shortest applicant was 2 years flat, prior LEO, military, intel for military SF, degree, you name it. I was 2 years 4 months. some were 3+ years.

BP does that. goes from long hiring, to short hiring when they need people, then a bunch of crooks get in, they go back to long hiring process to vet people, then they have quick hiring because they're short agents.

not bitter, but im just saying have patience. i would go pretty much 4-6 months between each step, and then PFT2, drug test, poly all happened in one week, EOD the next.

Originally posted by Cantstandya View Post
                  Are new agents ever assigned to Big Bend NP? Not sure if the West Texas/NM geo is any good
                  I had one classmate go to Eagle Pass out of the academy. they rarely need new agents. same for kingsville. i had a classmate go there, and i think he was the first new guy in 3 years. and he was the only one, so the sole FNG

good luck all
                  UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                  "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Got my written score today (after two weeks, which I thought was quick). Very happy with it.

I just noticed on my application detail that my only geographic availability is listed is AZ. When I applied in December (16-1), the openings were listed in CA, TX, and AZ, and I remember selecting all of them for consideration.... Does this sound right? Are we only allowed to select geographic availability?

Comment

Got my written score today (after two weeks, which I thought was quick). Very happy with it.

I just noticed on my application detail that my only geographic availability is listed is AZ. When I applied in December (16-1), the openings were listed in CA, TX, and AZ, and I remember selecting all of them for consideration.... Does this sound right? Are we only allowed to select geographic availability?
                      I think you are only allowed to choose one geographical area (atleast that is how it is with the current announcement).

Comment

• Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
                        I think you are only allowed to choose one geographical area (atleast that is how it is with the current announcement).
                        Any idea if it can be changed, or has that ship sailed?

Comment

I would call the hiring center but my guess is that you will have to "reapply" to another announcement location that you would like. Your exam scores will transfer over.

Comment

i think ive read in an announcement before that once it is submitted, that is it, can't change it. which i know to be true for pretty much any other USAjobs job announcement
                            UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Must have patience, must have patience whelp its been over a month since I took the Poly!!

Keeping the thread alive lol

Comment

• Just tested for the VRA announcement at ft bliss. I wonder how long until I get my score?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10884 users online. 393 members and 10491 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X