300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by esoj37 View Post
    If you got a high score for the 7, I would call them asap.
    I got 100. I will contact them.
    Last edited by FrankNY1985; 12-14-2015, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• Seems like Border Patrol has been moving slow, at least compared to CBP. Maybe they're finally kicking off and processes will start flying. I just received an email to setup my PFT. Should I assume that the PFT doesn't transfer from CBP but the medical does? If so, that makes sense. And I guess the PFT is different than CBP. Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: I just looked up the PFT1 for Border Patrol. I want to complain, another step test, but I won't. I'm blessed to be in the process and capable of making it all the way. But the BP PFT1 is only comprised of push-ups, sit-ups, and the step test. All of which I did, and maxed out, a month ago for CBP. Do I really have to do it again?
      Last edited by calebggodwin; 12-16-2015, 01:13 PM.
      CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
      09/13/15 App (Laredo)
      09/23 Exam
      10/09 Rfrd GS-7
      10/18 Score - 98
      10/26 eQip Email
      10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
      10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
      11/04 Med/PFT1
      11/04 eQip Sent
      11/10 "" Accptd
      11/23 VBT/SI
      11/24 ""(Pass)
      12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
      09/18/15 App (S. TX)
      10/28 Exam (ALT)
      11/15 ReApp (AZ)
      11/18 Score (100)
      11/20 TSL GS-5
      12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
      02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

• Originally posted by calebggodwin View Post
        Seems like Border Patrol has been moving slow, at least compared to CBP. Maybe they're finally kicking off and processes will start flying. I just received an email to setup my PFT. Should I assume that the PFT doesn't transfer from CBP but the medical does? If so, that makes sense. And I guess the PFT is different than CBP. Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: I just looked up the PFT1 for Border Patrol. I want to complain, another step test, but I won't. I'm blessed to be in the process and capable of making it all the way. But the BP PFT1 is only comprised of push-ups, sit-ups, and the step test. All of which I did, and maxed out, a month ago for CBP. Do I really have to do it again?
        I think CBP step test is 10 inches and BP is 12 inches.

Comment

• I just looked that up, and you're pretty much right. CBP is 12" and Border Patrol is 14".
          CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
          09/13/15 App (Laredo)
          09/23 Exam
          10/09 Rfrd GS-7
          10/18 Score - 98
          10/26 eQip Email
          10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
          10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
          11/04 Med/PFT1
          11/04 eQip Sent
          11/10 "" Accptd
          11/23 VBT/SI
          11/24 ""(Pass)
          12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
          09/18/15 App (S. TX)
          10/28 Exam (ALT)
          11/15 ReApp (AZ)
          11/18 Score (100)
          11/20 TSL GS-5
          12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
          02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

I just looked that up, and you're pretty much right. CBP is 12" and Border Patrol is 14".
            Ahh that's right.

Comment

Seems like Border Patrol has been moving slow, at least compared to CBP. Maybe they're finally kicking off and processes will start flying. I just received an email to setup my PFT. Should I assume that the PFT doesn't transfer from CBP but the medical does? If so, that makes sense. And I guess the PFT is different than CBP. Can anyone confirm?

You will have to repeat the PFT1. If anything the medical is the longest part of that day, I think I was in and out in half hour when I had to do only the PFT.

Comment

• 15-3 BP Applicant

I’m now in the ready list; CASS says I’m referred to the scheduling unit… anyone knows what’s the average time for the “call” also any tips for the academy?

Thank you all

Comment

• Are new agents ever assigned to Big Bend NP? Not sure if the West Texas/NM geo is any good

Comment

• Originally posted by Texas4063 View Post
                    Applied earlier today. Set up my exam for Wed.
                    How did you fair? I'm scheduled for my exam on 1/5. Is it written or computerized? Did you get your result right away?
                    Last edited by gnikbgnak13; 12-24-2015, 04:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gnikbgnak13 View Post
                      How did you fair? I'm scheduled for my exam on 1/8. Is it written or computerized? Did you get your result right away?
                      Results usually take about a month to come out.

Comment

• https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/423079400

They are hiring now!!

Comment

• FYI they are doing a VRA for BPA and CBPO for any of the vet/mil applicants in the El Paso (or SWB) region. See their website for more information and the private links. Also, the recruiters have informed me that this will be an expedited hiring process but requires all applicants to process through the El Paso/Fort Bliss area. Lastly, the age requirement (max 37) is being waived as long as you can pass a PFT.
                          Good luck!
                          Last edited by M8541 Reaper; 12-28-2015, 12:15 PM.
                          "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Went to the website but didn't see any of the VRA stuff. I'm in that area.

Never mind. Found it
                            Last edited by CriticalOperator; 12-30-2015, 01:37 PM. Reason: Found what I needed

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                              FYI they are doing a VRA for BPA and CBPO for any of the vet/mil applicants in the El Paso (or SWB) region. See their website for more information and the private links. Also, the recruiters have informed me that this will be an expedited hiring process but requires all applicants to process through the El Paso/Fort Bliss area. Lastly, the age requirement (max 37) is being waived as long as you can pass a PFT.
                              Good luck!
                              Will it be expedited for all applicants, or just veterans? Taking the exam next week, so I'm trying to get a better handle on the timeline...>Thx

Comment

• It's a VRA only announcement.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6898 users online. 311 members and 6587 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X