Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied earlier today. Set up my exam for Wed.

Comment

• Where does the testing/interviewing take place? I'm not far from the DC area

Comment

• Originally posted by Applicant4PoPo View Post
        Where does the testing/interviewing take place? I'm not far from the DC area
        There's different options in the application.

Comment

• Got my NOR a few days ago. Score 100. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
            Got my NOR a few days ago. Score 100. :-)
            Congrats. But now I'm really curious about the scoring system (no offense, haha). Is there some threshold to scoring so high? Meaning, a few wrong in the ALT actually doesn't affect your score? I would think that mid/high 90s might be common, but not a "perfect" score.
            CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
            09/13/15 App (Laredo)
            09/23 Exam
            10/09 Rfrd GS-7
            10/18 Score - 98
            10/26 eQip Email
            10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
            10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
            11/04 Med/PFT1
            11/04 eQip Sent
            11/10 "" Accptd
            11/23 VBT/SI
            11/24 ""(Pass)
            12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
            09/18/15 App (S. TX)
            10/28 Exam (ALT)
            11/15 ReApp (AZ)
            11/18 Score (100)
            11/20 TSL GS-5
            12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
            02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

• Originally posted by calebggodwin View Post
              Congrats. But now I'm really curious about the scoring system (no offense, haha). Is there some threshold to scoring so high? Meaning, a few wrong in the ALT actually doesn't affect your score? I would think that mid/high 90s might be common, but not a "perfect" score.
              I chose Spanish instead of the ALT. I honestly walked out 100% sure I failed because of the Spanish portion.
              Last edited by FrankNY1985; 12-03-2015, 03:17 PM.

Comment

I chose Spanish instead of the ALT. I honestly walked out 100% sure I failed because of the Spanish portion.
                Well I'm certainly glad you didn't fail, and did so well as a matter of fact. Still curious though. Regardless of which test you choose, it strikes me as odd.
                CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
                09/13/15 App (Laredo)
                09/23 Exam
                10/09 Rfrd GS-7
                10/18 Score - 98
                10/26 eQip Email
                10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
                10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
                11/04 Med/PFT1
                11/04 eQip Sent
                11/10 "" Accptd
                11/23 VBT/SI
                11/24 ""(Pass)
                12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
                09/18/15 App (S. TX)
                10/28 Exam (ALT)
                11/15 ReApp (AZ)
                11/18 Score (100)
                11/20 TSL GS-5
                12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
                02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

• got "the call" today. offered me south texas. (rio grande, laredo north, south, west, or kingsville). don't know which one is better. any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

Last edited by Krzyshng; 05-01-2016, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACO88 View Post
                      What about someone willing to go anywhere up north? How long do you think the wait is?

Comment

• There are too many variables to be able to put a number to that question. You need to at least be off probation, which I think is only 1 year now, to be eligible for a mobility program. It's anecdotal but 3 years was the least amount of time I've heard of and 5 years is the least amount of time of anyone I've personally known to get a move.

In the last year or so they have rolled out trial programs for swaps and unpaid moves so the prospects are getting better. However a large part of the current hiring push is due to Agents from the 2008 push changing agencies primarily for mobility purposes.

I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, the Patrol is a pretty awesome and unique agency but to be happy make sure you, and the family if applicable, are all ok with your initial location. It's probably not the right fit for anyone that will count down the days waiting for a move.
                        Last edited by Krzyshng; 12-05-2015, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Krzyshng View Post
                          There are too many variables to be able to put a number to that question. You need to at least be off probation, which I think is only 1 year now, to be eligible for a mobility program. It's anecdotal but 3 years was the least amount of time I've heard of and 5 years is the least amount of time of anyone I've personally known to get a move.

In the last year or so they have rolled out trial programs for swaps and unpaid moves so the prospects are getting better. However a large part of the current hiring push is due to Agents from the 2008 push changing agencies primarily for mobility purposes.

I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, the Patrol is a pretty awesome and unique agency but to be happy make sure you, and the family if applicable, are all ok with your initial location. It's probably not the right fit for anyone that will count down the days waiting for a move.
                          I'm surprised that there are years long wait lists to go places like middle of nowhere North Dakota.
                          Last edited by ACO88; 12-10-2015, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• Any 16-1 South Texas applicant? It's been almost 2 weeks since I got my NOR and no TSL yet.

Comment

• So I qualify for GL5 and 7. But I received a TSL for GL5. Will I be getting a TSL for 7?

Comment

So I qualify for GL5 and 7. But I received a TSL for GL5. Will I be getting a TSL for 7?
                                If you got a high score for the 7, I would call them asap.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7030 users online. 320 members and 6710 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X