Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by AlcatrazT2 View Post
    Well, after searching the web a bit, I found out I can't be a Border Patrol Agent because I'm color blind. This is a bummer. I guess it was my mistake, should have checked beforehand. First the USAF, now the CBP. I really don't know what to say. Looks like I'll be withdrawing from the process because I don't want to waste my/the government's time.
    WAIT, Dont do anything harsh until you have your medical, My brother has some type of daltonism and he is BPA. Wait till you have your medical, what do you have to lose besides some time?
    BPA:
    Written Test: Passed (97%)
    Reactivated Feb 09
    Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
    Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
    Medical Exam: Completed
    Drug Test: Completed
    Fitness: Completed
    Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
    Background Investigation: Completed


    IEA ICE
    Written Test: Passed (80% )
    Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
    Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
      WAIT, Dont do anything harsh until you have your medical, My brother has some type of daltonism and he is BPA. Wait till you have your medical, what do you have to lose besides some time?
      Honestly, I don't feel like sending all the paperwork in, driving 200+ miles for my oral board, exercising extensively so I can pass my physical - just to be DQ'ed because I'm color blind .

      Maybe I should visit a doctor beforehand. If it's something major then it probably won't be worth it.
      United States Border Patrol
      08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by AlcatrazT2 View Post
        Honestly, I don't feel like sending all the paperwork in, driving 200+ miles for my oral board, exercising extensively so I can pass my physical - just to be DQ'ed because I'm color blind .

        Maybe I should visit a doctor beforehand. If it's something major then it probably won't be worth it.
        I'm confused, your signature says you already had your interview?

        In any event, if you want the job, just go through with it. Sometimes you can get waivers for that stuff, I technically got a medical waiver because of my LASIK surgery. I know that's a little different, but I do have a state trooper friend who got a waiver for colorblindness. Don't give up!
        Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ICEAGENT View Post
          I'm confused, your signature says you already had your interview?

          In any event, if you want the job, just go through with it. Sometimes you can get waivers for that stuff, I technically got a medical waiver because of my LASIK surgery. I know that's a little different, but I do have a state trooper friend who got a waiver for colorblindness. Don't give up!
          Oops, it should be '2009' not '2008!' I guess that happens during the beginning of the year .

          I'll be taking the secondary Farnsworth 15 test at en eye doctor today. If I can pass it, I'll continue on with the process because I'll have a shot at it. If I can't, then I'm going to withdraw.
          United States Border Patrol
          08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

          Comment


          • ok did anyone see that show on ABC last night "homeland security USA" it was all about CBP. well what i was wondering they showed some BPA walk through the desert with fatigues and field covers armed with M-4's. how much of that is true? in other words is that something that the guys that have been there for like 15 years do or is that part of the everyday job for even the rookie? either why if you have not seen the show it was on last night on ABC at around 7-8 eastern. check it out if you get a chance next week its COPS but for CBP.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by steel113 View Post
              ok did anyone see that show on ABC last night "homeland security USA" it was all about CBP. well what i was wondering they showed some BPA walk through the desert with fatigues and field covers armed with M-4's. how much of that is true? in other words is that some that they guy s that have been there for like 15 years do or is that part of the everyday job for even the rookie?
              I didn't see the show yet, wanted to but I had to work. Anyway, I have a lot of co-workers who were ex-BP and they had a variety of assignments. I know a couple guys who were on some type of mountain unit that did some foot patrols like that in the mountains of AZ. I know guys that worked checkpoints, K-9, vehicle patrol, ATV's, and "X's" which just meant staking out a spot for an entire shift. I know a guy who got assigned to a local task force and worked in plainclothes. There is also BORTAC which is their special ops unit that is supposed to be awesome but very difficult to get into.
              Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

              Comment


              • what happens if you fail the polygraph

                Comment


                • Originally posted by steel113 View Post
                  ok did anyone see that show on ABC last night "homeland security USA" it was all about CBP. well what i was wondering they showed some BPA walk through the desert with fatigues and field covers armed with M-4's. how much of that is true? in other words is that something that the guys that have been there for like 15 years do or is that part of the everyday job for even the rookie? either why if you have not seen the show it was on last night on ABC at around 7-8 eastern. check it out if you get a chance next week its COPS but for CBP.
                  They said they were BORSTAR guys.
                  "Officer, you are kinda hot."

                  "And you are kinda intoxicated."

                  Comment


                  • well either after seeing the show i am super hyped up about this job. the process can't go fast enough right now.

                    Comment


                    • xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      Last edited by brandonthelaw; 02-15-2009, 09:15 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Can anyone tell me the staffing # for BPA?, I lost my cellphone and lost my numbers and I need to call to ask some questions about my reactivation.
                        BPA:
                        Written Test: Passed (97%)
                        Reactivated Feb 09
                        Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                        Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                        Medical Exam: Completed
                        Drug Test: Completed
                        Fitness: Completed
                        Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                        Background Investigation: Completed


                        IEA ICE
                        Written Test: Passed (80% )
                        Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                        Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

                        Comment


                        • Done- written, OB, Medical/Physical, and Wizz Quiz
                          trainee

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
                            Can anyone tell me the staffing # for BPA?, I lost my cellphone and lost my numbers and I need to call to ask some questions about my reactivation.
                            Did you think to look on any of your application materials or on the vacancy announcement posted on USAJOBS?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                              Did you think to look on any of your application materials or on the vacancy announcement posted on USAJOBS?
                              I did but asking it here saves me the trouble , Plus isnt that what this forum is for...ask for help on such things?
                              BPA:
                              Written Test: Passed (97%)
                              Reactivated Feb 09
                              Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                              Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                              Medical Exam: Completed
                              Drug Test: Completed
                              Fitness: Completed
                              Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                              Background Investigation: Completed


                              IEA ICE
                              Written Test: Passed (80% )
                              Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                              Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
                                I did but asking it here saves me the trouble , Plus isnt that what this forum is for...ask for help on such things?
                                Yes, asking questions AFTER you've actually looked for the answers, especially the ones that are right in front of you.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5265 users online. 401 members and 4864 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X