Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear you, if it werent for the degree I would be counting the seconds.
    Standing by to stand by

Comment

definatly see where ur coming from

im unemployed no income...and the economy the way it is....not even MINIMUM wage jobs are hiring around my area....BLAH...other than fast food and im definatly not doing that lol

Comment

if I was to get 'the call' but I decline the offer because I am unavailable or I simply can not do it right then, does that mean I will no longer be considered for employment?

Is it possible to put my application on hold for a couple of months w/o terrible consequences?

I may have to be away for a couple of months due to family reasons.
        Last edited by jumbojack; 06-10-2008, 03:36 PM.

BPA
        test: 04/08
        Results: Passed - 04/08
        COE Received - 05/08
        Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
        Panel: 07/08: Passed
        BI: ?..
        CBPO
        test: 03/08
        Results: Passed - 04/08
        COE Received: 06/08
        Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
        VBT: Passed 07/08
        BI: ???
        FBI
        Phase I: 05/08
        Results: Passed 05/08
        Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
        Language test (o): Passed 07/08
        Panel: 10/08: ???
        PFT: 11/08: ???
        USSS
        TEA test: 08/07
        Panel: 02/08

Comment

AHHHH....so i finally gave up on the waiting game...and shot an email to DHS/CBP to find out why they hadnt got back to me about my appeal that I had sent in. So i get an email back saying...."you were supposed to send all your forms in with the appeal letter"

IM SITTING HERE LIKE WTF WHAT FORMS!??!?! they never gave me any instructions to what forms to fill out. I got my Tentative selection letter, but nothing else.

IM SOOOOO GLAD I GAVE UP THE WAITING GAME....no more being reactive for this job....from now on IM GONNA BE PROACTIVE because i could have been sitting around for months before anyone told me I was supposed to send in forms i wasnt given or instructed to do so.

Now im just waiting for an EMAIL back as to what all forms i need to complete.

WOO HOO lol

Comment

Oral on Monday. quick quick quick
            Standing by to stand by

Comment

My Cass showed up for BPA last week, but have not had any forms sent to me yet. Funny thing is....my drug test and BI are showing as completed. I do have an EOD status for CBPO but not vacancies. Anyone know if they use the same info from CBPO for BPA? Kind of confusing. I know it's the same "main" headquarters and they may use the same procedures....I was just wondering if anyone knew.

Comment

Originally posted by Thulsa75 View Post
                My Cass showed up for BPA last week, but have not had any forms sent to me yet. Funny thing is....my drug test and BI are showing as completed. I do have an EOD status for CBPO but not vacancies. Anyone know if they use the same info from CBPO for BPA? Kind of confusing. I know it's the same "main" headquarters and they may use the same procedures....I was just wondering if anyone knew.

The BI, physical and drug test are interchangeable between the two positions. They'll carry over in either direction. The exam, interview, and fitness test are different...they won't carry over.

Comment

I just got 2 NOR's for the Border Patrol exam. 1 for BPA, Northern Border and one for BPA. I'll take either one of them.
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    The BI, physical and drug test are interchangeable between the two positions. They'll carry over in either direction. The exam, interview, and fitness test are different...they won't carry over.
                    Your timing is uncanny lol. I just received an email from them stating the same:

In regards to processes transferring from the CBPO position to the Border Patrol position: your background investigation will transfer; however, other processes will need to be completed and/or repeated to fulfill requirements for the Border Patrol.

Regards,

XXXXXXXXX(name)

Border Patrol Staffing Unit

Minneapolis Hiring Center

U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Comment

woo hoo good day for everyone.

i just got word that they are sending me all of my paperwork to fill out to continue along in my process after i appealed the denial saying i couldnt continue along in the process on my Tentative Selection letter

SOOOOOOO EXCITED

and tachibana....let me know how the oral board goes.
                      Last edited by SoKalCopKid; 06-12-2008, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Good luck with the OB Tachibana, it sucks

Comment

reils: have u done the oral board? if so...any pointers?

Comment

Yeah I passed the OB last week. The only pointers I have:

1) Don't dress like a $hiTbag.
                            2) Don't show up looking like a crackhead.
                            3) Don't wear white socks with a suit.
                            4) If you're not going to follow the other 3 tips..... at least tuck your shirt in

Comment

Good luck SoKal!

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                                Yeah I passed the OB last week. The only pointers I have:

1) Don't dress like a $hiTbag.
                                2) Don't show up looking like a crackhead.
                                3) Don't wear white socks with a suit.
                                4) If you're not going to follow the other 3 tips..... at least tuck your shirt in

im cracking up

so prety much follow business etiquette.....lol

thanks taylor.....

still waiting on the paperwork that DHS FAILED TO SEND ME. lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4660 users online. 206 members and 4454 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X