Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • As I'm sure they sent it out to all recent applicants, I just got the invite for the entrance exam. There are opportunities over the next few months to take it. Do they wait until the testing dates are closed (January 8th) to move anyone/everyone to the next step? Or is there a benefit to taking it ASAP? I can squeeze it in this Monday, schedule-wise, but I'm curious if I should, or if I can simply wait a few weeks and it not affect me and the process. I'm not at all concerned about needing time to study for the test, but Monday would be my only option for a few weeks. I don't want to have to ride 35 miles, take the test, and ride back just in time for work if I can help it.
    CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
    09/13/15 App (Laredo)
    09/23 Exam
    10/09 Rfrd GS-7
    10/18 Score - 98
    10/26 eQip Email
    10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
    10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
    11/04 Med/PFT1
    11/04 eQip Sent
    11/10 "" Accptd
    11/23 VBT/SI
    11/24 ""(Pass)
    12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
    09/18/15 App (S. TX)
    10/28 Exam (ALT)
    11/15 ReApp (AZ)
    11/18 Score (100)
    11/20 TSL GS-5
    12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
    02/04/16 OHB/Poly

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SanDiego_Col View Post
      I'm having my 3rd polygraph in 2 weeks and I'm wondering why.... I have been honest with all my answers and the fact that they have not fail me makes me wonder more..

      I just want to see if anyone has gone by more than 1 polygraph and how the experience was....

      Thank you all
      I had to take my polygraph twice as well before officially passing. The second time I just did a section of questions that I was close on and then I left after 2 to 3 hours. I finally heard back a few weeks later via my CASS that I was good to go. The hardest part I found about it was staying awake!

      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • Well well well why is nobody keeping the thread Alive on the flip side I want to scream from the rooftop I passed my structured/oral board today ......very interesting and I LOVED IT. Now on to the next phase

        Comment


        • This is probably my last post on these forums.
          I took my poly two weeks ago, and I was told I didn't pass. I was treated like a criminal by the examiner.
          I won't be applying to CBP/BP again unless they change the stupid poly requirement.
          Good luck to all in the process!

          Comment


          • Best of luck I've heard similar things about the CBP poly from a friend who took it earlier this year in CA.

            Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Hunter21 View Post
              I had to take my polygraph twice as well before officially passing. The second time I just did a section of questions that I was close on and then I left after 2 to 3 hours. I finally heard back a few weeks later via my CASS that I was good to go. The hardest part I found about it was staying awake!

              Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

              Thanks Hunter... I took my 2nd poly 10/01 the IA agent wasn't too happy with the results so he tentatively scheduled me for a 3rd poly for today but a week after the 2nd poly I received a call from the Internal Affairs Agent saying that QC was satisfied with my results and they will move forward with my hiring process, 2 days after that call I got a call from the private investigator asking to meet with me... so now I'm under the investigation and hoping to get THE call since is my last item to be completed..
              just sharing some information.. :-)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SanDiego_Col View Post
                Thanks Hunter... I took my 2nd poly 10/01 the IA agent wasn't too happy with the results so he tentatively scheduled me for a 3rd poly for today but a week after the 2nd poly I received a call from the Internal Affairs Agent saying that QC was satisfied with my results and they will move forward with my hiring process, 2 days after that call I got a call from the private investigator asking to meet with me... so now I'm under the investigation and hoping to get THE call since is my last item to be completed..
                just sharing some information.. :-)
                That's great, glad to hear it worked out!

                Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • No updates here, any 15-5's get a polygraph date?

                  Comment


                  • Taking the entrance exam in the morning. From what I understand, I'll be given the opportunity to take the ALT (Alternate Language Test), since I'm not currently fluent in Spanish. I've taken the CBP test and did quite well on it, though I know they're only similar in some regards. Any last minute advice for the Border Patrol test specifically?
                    CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
                    09/13/15 App (Laredo)
                    09/23 Exam
                    10/09 Rfrd GS-7
                    10/18 Score - 98
                    10/26 eQip Email
                    10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
                    10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
                    11/04 Med/PFT1
                    11/04 eQip Sent
                    11/10 "" Accptd
                    11/23 VBT/SI
                    11/24 ""(Pass)
                    12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
                    09/18/15 App (S. TX)
                    10/28 Exam (ALT)
                    11/15 ReApp (AZ)
                    11/18 Score (100)
                    11/20 TSL GS-5
                    12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
                    02/04/16 OHB/Poly

                    Comment


                    • Do they give us the option to take the Spanish or ALT?

                      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                        Do they give us the option to take the Spanish or ALT?

                        Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                        Yes. You'll be prompted at the start of the test whether you want to take the Spanish or ALT portion of the test.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                          Do they give us the option to take the Spanish or ALT?

                          Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                          Good luck on the exam. Make sure you study up on the ALT and do some practice test questions. Look at the rules and such, make sure you understand the mechanics and how to do those conversions. For me, it got pretty tedious and daunting.
                          CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
                          09/13/15 App (Laredo)
                          09/23 Exam
                          10/09 Rfrd GS-7
                          10/18 Score - 98
                          10/26 eQip Email
                          10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
                          10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
                          11/04 Med/PFT1
                          11/04 eQip Sent
                          11/10 "" Accptd
                          11/23 VBT/SI
                          11/24 ""(Pass)
                          12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
                          09/18/15 App (S. TX)
                          10/28 Exam (ALT)
                          11/15 ReApp (AZ)
                          11/18 Score (100)
                          11/20 TSL GS-5
                          12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
                          02/04/16 OHB/Poly

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by calebggodwin View Post
                            Good luck on the exam. Make sure you study up on the ALT and do some practice test questions. Look at the rules and such, make sure you understand the mechanics and how to do those conversions. For me, it got pretty tedious and daunting.
                            Thanks. Luckly I'm pretty good with Spanish because I took a practice ALT and did pretty bad.

                            Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • From what I hear, even with the Spanish test you must know all of those rules and such. It's only hearsay, but probably best to brush up on all the formalities of the language, similar to how the ALT works.
                              CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
                              09/13/15 App (Laredo)
                              09/23 Exam
                              10/09 Rfrd GS-7
                              10/18 Score - 98
                              10/26 eQip Email
                              10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
                              10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
                              11/04 Med/PFT1
                              11/04 eQip Sent
                              11/10 "" Accptd
                              11/23 VBT/SI
                              11/24 ""(Pass)
                              12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
                              09/18/15 App (S. TX)
                              10/28 Exam (ALT)
                              11/15 ReApp (AZ)
                              11/18 Score (100)
                              11/20 TSL GS-5
                              12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
                              02/04/16 OHB/Poly

                              Comment


                              • I hear the Spanish test is a lot easier then ALT test. Just what I've heard from a couple of friends that are BP agents. I'm sure it's different for everyone. But either way best of luck.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 14571 users online. 260 members and 14311 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X