Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
    What if any of the hiring requirements (Entrance Test/Medical/Fitness/Polygraph) for the CBP Officer can be transferred over to the Border Patrol? I remember reading somewhere that that some of the completed requirements can be transferred over.
    I applied for them both at the same time. In my case, the ones that counted for both applications were the Medical exam, the BI, and the poly. Nothing else.
    "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

    Comment


    • 15-3

      Originally posted by memojim View Post
      BPA 15-3 right here! I got my poly schedule for the end of this month in San Diego. Where in the process are you?
      15-3
      applyed 1/15
      test 3/15
      sf86-finger prints 4/15
      medical 5/15
      PFT-a 5/15
      PI 6/15
      Poly 9/15 standing by for results

      Comment


      • Originally posted by tevance67 View Post
        So I talked with the scheduling unit today about their job offer, and none of the locations are feasible for me. I was really hoping to get something in the El Paso Sector. Instead, all of the offerings were Big Bend or Del Rio Sectors. The stations offered to me were Eagle Pass, Eagle Pass South, Marfa, Carrizo Springs, and Presidio. They gave me an EOD of Oct. 19th and a FLETC date of Oct. 22nd. Unfortunately, I just cannot do the locations they offered so I'm going to decline. Best of luck to everyone who's continuing in their process.
        Ah, that sucks bro. So, what happens now? Do they put your application in stand by for the next wave of calls?

        Comment


        • Any current PAs know the process for lateraling from OFO to OBP?

          Comment


          • Hey to all just got scheduled my oral board at grand island ny does anyone know any good place to stay around there.... Is it fairly close to niagara? Thanks for the information.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Terryberry View Post
              Hey to all just got scheduled my oral board at grand island ny does anyone know any good place to stay around there.... Is it fairly close to niagara? Thanks for the information.
              It's fairly close. And as for places, you can use Airbnb.
              Good luck on your oral board!


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
                What if any of the hiring requirements (Entrance Test/Medical/Fitness/Polygraph) for the CBP Officer can be transferred over to the Border Patrol? I remember reading somewhere that that some of the completed requirements can be transferred over.

                You can, I did and only had to do written exam, interview, and fitness. When I got the call and accepted the BP offer, I had to close out my Customs process.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by esoj37 View Post
                  Ah, that sucks bro. So, what happens now? Do they put your application in stand by for the next wave of calls?
                  No. Since I declined, that ends the hiring process for Border Patrol. But I am continuing with the CBPO process. Since they're the same, I have pretty much cleared everything for that application. Oddly enough, though, they didn't accept my Medical for CBPO due to the eye exam, but they did for BPA. So now I have to resubmit an eye exam and clear that through medical before they can offer me a position for CBPO. They have already told me that my duty station for CBPO is El Paso, so once they offer me that one, I'll be taking it. In fact, the lady in scheduling told me that Border Patrol cannot offer you a duty station that is within 100 miles of your current location, so she said it would have been impossible for me to get El Paso. But anyways, I'm good. It looks like there's about a 95% chance I'll be getting a CBPO offer as soon as I can clear this medical and I'm totally good with that.
                  "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by kingmanjaro View Post
                    It's fairly close. And as for places, you can use Airbnb.
                    Good luck on your oral board!

                    Thanks for the well wishes im trying to turn this into a mini vacation since it's an 8hr drive for me *sheesh* so looking for a decent hotel...price not a problem close proximity to the interview site
                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • Okay, so I got an email today titled "Suitability Non-vet Final Notification, ID# *******" (Keep in mind I have not done my polygraph yet) and the email reads : "This concerns your tentative selection for the position of Border Patrol Agent with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

                      We have been notified by the Office of Internal Affairs that you are not suitable for the position of Border Patrol Agent. CBP has conducted a higher level review and concurs with the determination that you do not meet the suitability requirements for the position of Border Patrol Agent.

                      Your tentative selection notification stated that your offer was contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment requirements, including a background investigation. In accordance with 5 CFR 332.406 and 5 CFR 731, your tentative offer of employment is therefore being withdrawn.

                      Thank you for your interest in employment with CBP.

                      Office of Human Resources Management
                      Minneapolis Hiring Center"

                      So what happened? Does this mean my whole app is being withdrawn? I have not even been contacted by any BI or done my poly yet. The subject is what's throwing me off. Can anyone explain this?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by EnforceTheLawBro View Post
                        Okay, so I got an email today titled "Suitability Non-vet Final Notification, ID# *******" (Keep in mind I have not done my polygraph yet) and the email reads : "This concerns your tentative selection for the position of Border Patrol Agent with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

                        We have been notified by the Office of Internal Affairs that you are not suitable for the position of Border Patrol Agent. CBP has conducted a higher level review and concurs with the determination that you do not meet the suitability requirements for the position of Border Patrol Agent.

                        Your tentative selection notification stated that your offer was contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment requirements, including a background investigation. In accordance with 5 CFR 332.406 and 5 CFR 731, your tentative offer of employment is therefore being withdrawn.

                        Thank you for your interest in employment with CBP.

                        Office of Human Resources Management
                        Minneapolis Hiring Center"

                        So what happened? Does this mean my whole app is being withdrawn? I have not even been contacted by any BI or done my poly yet. The subject is what's throwing me off. Can anyone explain this?

                        Suitability is related to whether you meet certain guidelines morally and ethically, and is what is determined by the BI and poly. Did you fill out the E-Qip/SF-86 and submit it yet? It's possible that there is something in the SF-86 that contradicted something in the initial application questionnaire and they flagged it as being a suitability issue. For instance, it could be that you put in the initial application that you have a bachelor's degree, but your SF-86 shows a high school diploma (or something like that). It still seems odd to me that they would just reject it without letting the BI process occur and giving you the opportunity to explain the conflict. People fill out E-Qips with the wrong information all the time, and that's usually caught in the BI process and corrected.

                        Then again, maybe it's just a mistake. I would be on the phone with MHC immediately.
                        "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

                        Comment


                        • Hello everyone. First time posting here. I am a 15-4 applicant. So far I have done the SI, medical and PFT1. I had submitted my E-Qip in May, but had to fix something in it and resubmitted it in August. It could have been resubmitted early July but that's when their site was down. It's been about 1 1/2 months now and I have not heard anything nor has CASS changed. Hope to hear something soon.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by tevance67 View Post
                            Suitability is related to whether you meet certain guidelines morally and ethically, and is what is determined by the BI and poly. Did you fill out the E-Qip/SF-86 and submit it yet? It's possible that there is something in the SF-86 that contradicted something in the initial application questionnaire and they flagged it as being a suitability issue. For instance, it could be that you put in the initial application that you have a bachelor's degree, but your SF-86 shows a high school diploma (or something like that). It still seems odd to me that they would just reject it without letting the BI process occur and giving you the opportunity to explain the conflict. People fill out E-Qips with the wrong information all the time, and that's usually caught in the BI process and corrected.

                            Then again, maybe it's just a mistake. I would be on the phone with MHC immediately.
                            He woulda gotten a NOPA if it was the issue that you described.

                            Comment


                            • I know this is a very broad question. But which place would you guys choose? Looking for a good safe city, would like to move my family and I from Upstate NY. Not sure where to start doing my research. If you guys can point me to the right directions like which ones to avoid, or which ones to look into? I would greatly appreciate it.

                              South Texas Corridor - (to include but not limited to the following locations) Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Cotulla, Dallas, Falfurrias, Fort Brown, Freer, Harlingen, Hebbronville, Kingsville, Laredo North, Laredo South, Laredo West, McAllen, San Antonio, Weslaco, and Zapata, TEXAS

                              West Texas/New Mexico Corridor - (to include but not limited to the following locations) Abilene, Alpine, Amarillo, Big Bend National Park, Brackettville, Carrizo Springs, Comstock, Del Rio, Eagle Pass North, Eagle Pass South, El Paso, Fabens, Fort Hancock, Fort Stockton, Lubbock, Marfa, Midland, Pecos, Presidio, Rocksprings, San Angelo, Sanderson, Sierra Blanca, and Uvalde, TEXAS; Alamogordo, Albuquerque, Deming, Las Cruces, Lordsburg, Santa Teresa, and Truth or Consequences, NEW MEXICO

                              Arizona Corridor - (to include but not limited to the following locations) Ajo, Blythe, Casa Grande, Douglas, Naco, Nogales, Sonoita, Tucson, Wellton, Willcox, and Yuma, ARIZONA

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                                I know this is a very broad question. But which place would you guys choose? Looking for a good safe city, would like to move my family and I from Upstate NY. Not sure where to start doing my research. If you guys can point me to the right directions like which ones to avoid, or which ones to look into? I would greatly appreciate it.

                                Arizona Corridor - (to include but not limited to the following locations) Ajo, Blythe, Casa Grande, Douglas, Naco, Nogales, Sonoita, Tucson, Wellton, Willcox, and Yuma, ARIZONA
                                Former PA here, I can only give you advice on Arizona. Casa Grande and Tucson are the top tier where most current agents would like to be due to being able to live in a larger city with a better quality of life. Ajo and Willcox are the two furthest stations and many agents choose to live in Buckeye and Vail but have lengthy commutes in exchange. Most Nogales and Sonoita agents live in Sahuarita which I've heard is pretty nice. Most Douglas, Naco, and some Sonoita agents live in Sierra Vista.

                                Sierra Vista is a smaller city which has everything you need but nothing you'd want, it's where I lived and the town felt safe and as far as "border" towns go it's not bad. It's about an hour away from Tucson. I've never been to NY so I'm not sure what your frame of reference is but I will say many of the Agents from Buffalo are discontent with the area and looking for ways to get back.

                                Two good resources to start your research and ask questions are the unofficial BP applicants and BP spouses forums.

                                http://m.delphiforums.com/borderpatrol

                                http://m.delphiforums.com/BPSupportGroup

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 16823 users online. 463 members and 16360 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X