Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my background check mark today, thank you JESUS! Had a NOPA I reported to late last month.

Comment

• I did. MHC just returned my call and got me situated. Due to the fact I have done an E-Qip before for the military I had to do couple different things not addressed in the instructions.

Comment

• How long after BI did you get call for drug screen? For those of you who already are in TSU or recently got BI cleared

Comment

• Anyone in the process with BPA 15-3? It open in January 2015. I was wondering if there are any other candidates still in the process or where people are in the process? Thanks! Best of luck!

Comment

• BPA 15-3 right here! I got my poly schedule for the end of this month in San Diego. Where in the process are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by SanDiego_Col View Post
              Anybody has any news about polygraph appointments for 15-3 applicants in San Diego?
              BPA 15-3 right here! I got my poly schedule for the end of this month in San Diego. Where in the process are you?

Comment

• I'm 15-3 but I haven't heard anything from them. I'm waiting to get called for my poly. They last called me to say my e-qip was wrong, when it really wasn't (she had me resubmit it the same way after she realized she was wrong) so I'm afraid that might've slowed my process down.

Originally posted by memojim View Post
                BPA 15-3 right here! I got my poly schedule for the end of this month in San Diego. Where in the process are you?

Comment

• Firstly Good luck to everyone. Secondly, how quick is the hiring process? I've applied for Opening 15-6, and just received my passing grade last week. Pretty anxious to start a new career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay_perez View Post
                    Firstly Good luck to everyone. Secondly, how quick is the hiring process? I've applied for Opening 15-6, and just received my passing grade last week. Pretty anxious to start a new career.

To give you an idea, I applied 15-1 and got my TSL in early FEB 15. As of 8/26, I completed every step and just waiting for "the call". This is including a 4 week delay because of a NOPA I had to respond to.

Comment

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
                      To give you an idea, I applied 15-1 and got my TSL in early FEB 15. As of 8/26, I completed every step and just waiting for "the call". This is including a 4 week delay because of a NOPA I had to respond to.
                      damn i guess long gone are the days of 2+ year processes. they used to be fast like this, until they realized they were hiring **** bags and had internal corruption from rushing things, hopefully it doesnt result in that again (not saying you, just saying in general).
                      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by kingmanjaro View Post
                        No. But you can transfer after 3 years at the southern border or so I was told at the SI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        i sincerely hope you did not make your decision based on this fact alone. this is not true. and even if it was, it is either a small word or we are attracted to each other, but it is amazing how many former BP agents I have met out and about all over the country who were former BP and quit after going to northern border. for example, i was on military leave for four months this summer, and by pure coincidence, while in virginia i ran into two guys who were BP that quit after going to the northern border. One was from Laredo, and eventually got to Maine. hated it so bad, he quit. said it was infinitely worse than the SW border. met a second guy there as well, same story, different stations.

The reason you can get to the northern border after a few years, is because they cant hold on to people. so even if after 5+ years you move up there, youll regret it.

as far as moving to desirable stations like Miami or FL, you will need 15+ years seniority.
                        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                          i sincerely hope you did not make your decision based on this fact alone. this is not true. and even if it was, it is either a small word or we are attracted to each other, but it is amazing how many former BP agents I have met out and about all over the country who were former BP and quit after going to northern border. for example, i was on military leave for four months this summer, and by pure coincidence, while in virginia i ran into two guys who were BP that quit after going to the northern border. One was from Laredo, and eventually got to Maine. hated it so bad, he quit. said it was infinitely worse than the SW border. met a second guy there as well, same story, different stations.

The reason you can get to the northern border after a few years, is because they cant hold on to people. so even if after 5+ years you move up there, youll regret it.

as far as moving to desirable stations like Miami or FL, you will need 15+ years seniority.
                          Thanks for the detailed reply.

As far as the northern border goes, I am not interested at all.
                          I live near the northern border. Winters are brutal.

I am more of a hot climate guy.

Are you still with BP? I would like some insight about morale, housing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
                            That's pretty fast man! Hopefully you get on soon

Comment

damn i guess long gone are the days of 2+ year processes. they used to be fast like this, until they realized they were hiring **** bags and had internal corruption from rushing things, hopefully it doesnt result in that again (not saying you, just saying in general).
                              I am pretty sure its gonna slow down within the next fiscal year. I believe they were trying and still trying to fill up about 3000 new positions within ofo and obp together.

Comment

I hope it picks up faster soon
                                Last edited by PHSeaBee; 08-31-2015, 12:34 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10059 users online. 268 members and 9791 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X