Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question. I passed my CBP test, the last announcement (received my results on May 1). Unfortunately, I failed the physical because I was unaware you had to do the lift test in a certain time, so I took my time doing it. I was very upset because I am actually in great shape. Anyway, I reapplied for the announcement this past time, about 2 months ago. Will i be eligible to retake the test? Or how would it work? Anybody gone through something similar?

Comment

• Originally posted by EnforceTheLawBro View Post
      Question. I passed my CBP test, the last announcement (received my results on May 1). Unfortunately, I failed the physical because I was unaware you had to do the lift test in a certain time, so I took my time doing it. I was very upset because I am actually in great shape. Anyway, I reapplied for the announcement this past time, about 2 months ago. Will i be eligible to retake the test? Or how would it work? Anybody gone through something similar?
      What is a lift test? Are you talking about the step test???

Comment

• Originally posted by service4others View Post
        The lift test is a physical test where you left a 50lb object from th floor and raise it to a table about 3 feet away from you. You do this 8 times and must be done in a minute.

Comment

It should probably be clarified since this is a Border Patrol discussion thread, the lift test is not part of the Border Patrol Agent PFT1. You would only do the lift test if you are taking the CBP Officer PFT1. The Border Patrol Agent PFT1 only consists of pushups, situps, and the 5-minute step test. The CBPO PFT1 has the same three components as the BPA one, however, it also has two additional components, the 50 lb. lift test and the side-step test.
          "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• Anyone know how long the testing dates are open? I want to apply to this announcement it says testing starts August 28. I will be out of town for 2 weeks for work during that time. This is the reason I ask how long testing dates will be available up to a month after August 28?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingmanjaro View Post
              Did anyone receive a provisional clearance here?

I got an email today asking if I would like to EOD on a provisional clearance. I have 5 days to return the form back to MHC CBP.
              Mind you, I have not completed the polygraph nor started my BI.
              I got mine today. It's due back by next Monday.
              "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

Anyone know how long the testing dates are open? I want to apply to this announcement it says testing starts August 28. I will be out of town for 2 weeks for work during that time. This is the reason I ask how long testing dates will be available up to a month after August 28?
                It seems like the announcement I applied for stated what the window was, but I'm not completely sure, since it's been a while. At any rate, I think the window was just about 2 weeks from the date that testing began. I don't know whether that's true for your particular announcement, but that's what it was for mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by tevance67 View Post
                  I got mine today. It's due back by next Monday.
                  I got mine today and it's due the 11th. Anyone know what to expect after that?

Comment

• Originally posted by EnforceTheLawBro View Post
                    I got mine today and it's due the 11th. Anyone know what to expect after that?
                    I'm not sure what's the next step after that. I would assume, poly ?

Comment

• So...the pros and cons of the provisional clearance offer. Anyone know what they are? I don't want to rush into this decision without thinking through all of the options. I have until Monday to make the decision so any information anyone has about it will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

So...the pros and cons of the provisional clearance offer. Anyone know what they are? I don't want to rush into this decision without thinking through all of the options. I have until Monday to make the decision so any information anyone has about it will be greatly appreciated.
                        I hate to burst everyone's bubble about the provisional clearance. It will not make your process go faster, according to the lady I spoke to from IA. She said everyone was getting one, if they ever reach a point to utilize this option, they will.

I know someone who failed a polygraph and got a provisional clearance form 3 weeks later. 2 weeks after that, he 2as DQ'ed.

Comment

So...the pros and cons of the provisional clearance offer. Anyone know what they are? I don't want to rush into this decision without thinking through all of the options. I have until Monday to make the decision so any information anyone has about it will be greatly appreciated.
                          I would sign the provisional clearance, however the clearance does not really mean anything without a firm offer/eod.

Comment

• Received fingerprint cards even though agents took my prints during the oral interview. Sending them in soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• So I received the information earlier this week from MHC to start my E-Qip. During the registration process when it ask for my 3 golden questions (Last name, city of birth, and date of birth) I put all my information in and put "Unknown" for the city. I put in the Registration Code that they have provided me and after I hit submit it goes back to the previous screen and says login error, contact your supporting agency. Is anyone else having this problem or had this problem? I have contacted my BI via email and voicemail but hasn't gotten back to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by idahome View Post
                                So I received the information earlier this week from MHC to start my E-Qip. During the registration process when it ask for my 3 golden questions (Last name, city of birth, and date of birth) I put all my information in and put "Unknown" for the city. I put in the Registration Code that they have provided me and after I hit submit it goes back to the previous screen and says login error, contact your supporting agency. Is anyone else having this problem or had this problem? I have contacted my BI via email and voicemail but hasn't gotten back to me.
                                Have you filled out an E-Qip request before ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7409 users online. 262 members and 7147 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X