• Originally posted by service4others View Post
      Anyone see the vimeo video?
      Which one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by wbat91 View Post
        Which one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        There is only one I see. Its new and great information for people going in.

Comment

• Originally posted by service4others View Post
          There is only one I see. Its new and great information for people going in.
          Send the link for ppl to see please

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by jecg View Post
            Send the link for ppl to see please

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            It might be a bit intimidating for some lol, but it's the truth and you should be aware of what you're getting yourself into. Here's the link, I stumbled across it on fb a double months ago.
            https://vimeo.com/86065987

Comment

• Originally posted by EnforceTheLawBro View Post
              It might be a bit intimidating for some lol, but it's the truth and you should be aware of what you're getting yourself into. Here's the link, I stumbled across it on fb a double months ago.
              I was shown that exact same video during my SI last month.

Comment

• I am not sure how good I would actually be at learning Spanish. I was not good at it in high school and in college I did not take Spanish. How grueling is the Spanish portion of the academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by EnforceTheLawBro View Post
                  What a bunch of pudgy f**ks. How do you go to an academy as a fat slow this? Bunch of wasted spaces.

Comment

• Depending on the pay plan selected and station; you could be working a minimum of 8 hours to an upward of 14 hours. The 14 hours is rare, and is a result of a case caught towards the end of shift. You are compensated for the hours; however, customs officers make more OT than BP.

The work is unique. By far the greatest job ever, especially when you are in the field. Checking sensors, cutting sign, chasing people through the brush, pulling over vehicle, checkpoint operations... the list goes on.

Training: We get more training than most local, state, federal law enforcement agencies. Quarterly shooting qualifications, use of force, CPR, etc. You can also get certified for ATVS, Firearms, Use of Force, and Driving Instructor.

Management: The management comes and goes. Some years you have great leadership, other times you look forward to the coming years.

Pros: great money, easy work, great for the resume

Cons: Not every station is wonderful, you could get an EOD in a town with little to nothing to do. Your family might not enjoy the border mentality. A lot of border town folks are not fond of BP. You don't have to look for trouble, it will find you.

Extra stuff: Show up to the academy in shape (anything but round). If you are taking the time to read this, take the time to run at least 3x's per week. Your 1.5 mile should be under 12 minutes (once you get to artesia this number will increase immediately from stress and elevation). Start doing push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks, mountain climbers and other cal type workouts. P90x will not get you ready. Look at something more like insanity or similar workouts that will keep you going for 45 minutes plus a run. Also, if you've been away from school for awhile, start reading. Train your mind to memorize information. YOU will be hammered with information from the beginning up until the last day.

Edit: I was replying to someone that asked for more information but it looks like the post was deleted. leaving the post up.
                    Last edited by whoatethelastcookie; 07-27-2015, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by whoatethelastcookie View Post
                      Depending on the pay plan selected and station; you could be working a minimum of 8 hours to an upward of 14 hours. The 14 hours is rare, and is a result of a case caught towards the end of shift. You are compensated for the hours; however, customs officers make more OT than BP.

The work is unique. By far the greatest job ever, especially when you are in the field. Checking sensors, cutting sign, chasing people through the brush, pulling over vehicle, checkpoint operations... the list goes on.

Training: We get more training than most local, state, federal law enforcement agencies. Quarterly shooting qualifications, use of force, CPR, etc. You can also get certified for ATVS, Firearms, Use of Force, and Driving Instructor.

Management: The management comes and goes. Some years you have great leadership, other times you look forward to the coming years.

Cons: Not every station is wonderful, you could get an EOD in a town with little to nothing to do. Your family might not enjoy the border mentality. A lot of border town folks are not fond of BP. You don't have to look for trouble, it will find you.

Extra stuff: Show up to the academy in shape (anything but round). If you are taking the time to read this, take the time to run at least 3x's per week. Your 1.5 mile should be under 12 minutes (once you get to artesia this number will increase immediately from stress and elevation). Start doing push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks, mountain climbers and other cal type workouts. P90x will not get you ready. Look at something more like insanity or similar workouts that will keep you going for 45 minutes plus a run. Also, if you've been away from school for awhile, start reading. Train your mind to memorize information. YOU will be hammered with information from the beginning up until the last day.

Edit: I was replying to someone that asked for more information but it looks like the post was deleted. leaving the post up.
                      Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Border Patrol Agent

Did anyone receive a provisional clearance here?

I got an email today asking if I would like to EOD on a provisional clearance. I have 5 days to return the form back to MHC CBP.
                        Mind you, I have not completed the polygraph nor started my BI.
                        Last edited by kingmanjaro; 07-31-2015, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingmanjaro View Post
                          Did anyone receive a provisional clearance here?

I got an email today asking if I would like to EOD on a provisional clearance. I have 5 days to return the form back to MHC CBP.
                          Mind you, I have not completed the polygraph nor started my BI.
                          I received the same thing for CBP. I did take my polygraph yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
                            I received the same thing for CBP. I did take my polygraph yet.
                            Did it speed up your process?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingmanjaro View Post
                              Did it speed up your process?
                              I got it yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by whoatethelastcookie View Post
                                Depending on the pay plan selected and station; you could be working a minimum of 8 hours to an upward of 14 hours. The 14 hours is rare, and is a result of a case caught towards the end of shift. You are compensated for the hours; however, customs officers make more OT than BP.

Great information man! I appreciate you taking the time to share this.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10626 users online. 395 members and 10231 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X