Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Section8 View Post
    What type of clearance is it?
    Its not a clearance at all, its a suitability determination.

    Its the same SSBI that would be done for a top secret clearance, but is adjudicated differently.There are people with clearances that would be found unsuitable.

    Comment


    • There you go. Madchicken hit the nail on the head.

      Comment


      • Happy New Year Guys And Gals, May The New Year Bring Us A Call To The Artesia Academy
        BPA:
        Written Test: Passed (97%)
        Reactivated Feb 09
        Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
        Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
        Medical Exam: Completed
        Drug Test: Completed
        Fitness: Completed
        Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
        Background Investigation: Completed


        IEA ICE
        Written Test: Passed (80% )
        Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
        Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
          Happy New Year Guys And Gals, May The New Year Bring Us A Call To The Artesia Academy
          ^^^^^^^X2!

          And thanks to everyone that replied to my GI Bill question! That puts me at ease with the change in pay at first!!

          Comment


          • I received a package in the mail yesterday from CBP and it scared the hell out of me! I wasn't expecting another package in the mail, just a phone call! It ended up just being a letter stating that I passed the fitness test and a book with proper workout form. I passed this test about a month and a half ago and it was already updated in CASS a few weeks ago. Still playing the waiting game..... I guess its worth the wait though!!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Hope2BPA View Post
              I received a package in the mail yesterday from CBP and it scared the hell out of me! I wasn't expecting another package in the mail, just a phone call! It ended up just being a letter stating that I passed the fitness test and a book with proper workout form. I passed this test about a month and a half ago and it was already updated in CASS a few weeks ago. Still playing the waiting game..... I guess its worth the wait though!!
              Now that scares me, When i took the fitness test, i already had failed the Oral board, I know I passed the physical, I was kinda scared about the Medical (because of my vision) but I think I passed. However, because I failed the Oral board, I dont have a cass anymore so I dont know the status of my med/fitness, and the only thing I recieved in the mail after all of that was a letter that said I had some kind of arrythmia, which my sister told me was normal (shes a DR) but it didnt say anything about disqualifying me for the position nor did the letter said I passed it. they were just letting me know I had that in case I wanted to get it checked.

              now you scared me
              BPA:
              Written Test: Passed (97%)
              Reactivated Feb 09
              Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
              Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
              Medical Exam: Completed
              Drug Test: Completed
              Fitness: Completed
              Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
              Background Investigation: Completed


              IEA ICE
              Written Test: Passed (80% )
              Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
              Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
                Now that scares me, When i took the fitness test, i already had failed the Oral board, I know I passed the physical, I was kinda scared about the Medical (because of my vision) but I think I passed. However, because I failed the Oral board, I dont have a cass anymore so I dont know the status of my med/fitness, and the only thing I recieved in the mail after all of that was a letter that said I had some kind of arrythmia, which my sister told me was normal (shes a DR) but it didnt say anything about disqualifying me for the position nor did the letter said I passed it. they were just letting me know I had that in case I wanted to get it checked.

                now you scared me
                You know, now that you mention it, I did receive a letter a few weeks after the MED/Physical test stating that I had a slight loss of hearing but it wasn't a DQ letter or anything. I guess that is normal. How long ago did you take the Medical and physical? I think mine was early to mid November. I did my Oral Interview on December 3rd. Hope is works out for you bro!

                PM sent....

                Comment


                • Ah I failed my interview on Aug 13th

                  I think I took my fit/med in the first week of September.
                  BPA:
                  Written Test: Passed (97%)
                  Reactivated Feb 09
                  Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                  Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
                  Medical Exam: Completed
                  Drug Test: Completed
                  Fitness: Completed
                  Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
                  Background Investigation: Completed


                  IEA ICE
                  Written Test: Passed (80% )
                  Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
                  Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

                  Comment


                  • i also received a package stating the same thing and it makes me wonder why my background investigater hasn't called

                    Comment


                    • does anyone recommend me calling the security office in homeland i have their number and all my cass shows me is that i have passed everything but i am still pending approval at the security office???????????????????????

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jesus981 View Post
                        does anyone recommend me calling the security office in homeland i have their number and all my cass shows me is that i have passed everything but i am still pending approval at the security office???????????????????????
                        NO

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                          NO
                          hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
                          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

                          "And you are kinda intoxicated."

                          Comment


                          • CASS Updated

                            Looks like Santa brought me a late gift. When I logged on to CASS this morning, I was greeted with the gift below.

                            Pre-Employment Forms completed All pre-employment forms have been received.
                            BPA Status
                            TSU: 04/24/09
                            EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
                            Resigned: 10/28/09
                            Reapplied: 07/29/11
                            NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
                            TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
                            PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
                            Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

                            CBPO Status
                            Applied: 06/24/11
                            Written: 07/21/11
                            NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

                            Comment


                            • Dont feel so bad, i had my BI investigation done on sept 11th, and have yet to hear anything. Its driving me nuts as well. i want to call in the worst way, but the investigator did tell me it could be a while before i heard something. I did call the hiring center to ask about my Quals, so i asked if they would know anything about it, she told me not to worry these things usually take between 4-6 months. I dont know if she was just telling me that to make me feel better or what. BUt im keeping my fingers crossed. If anyone else has some insight it would be appreciated.
                              Border Patrol Agent:
                              Pre Employment Forms- completed 6/24/2008
                              Qualifications- completed4/2/2009
                              Medical Exam- completed 8/15/2008
                              Structured Interview- completed 8/6/2008
                              Drug Screening- Completed 4/9/2009
                              Background Investigation- completed 3/31/2009
                              Fitness- completed 8/15/2008
                              TSU-4/21/2009

                              Comment


                              • Well, after searching the web a bit, I found out I can't be a Border Patrol Agent because I'm color blind. This is a bummer. I guess it was my mistake, should have checked beforehand. First the USAF, now the CBP. I really don't know what to say. Looks like I'll be withdrawing from the process because I don't want to waste my/the government's time.
                                United States Border Patrol
                                08/2009 - Tentative Scheduling Unit.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6357 users online. 325 members and 6032 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X