300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ranger of Ithilien View Post
    Yes, I chose to override my previous app but so far it hasn't affected me. Everything you completed on your previous app should transfer over once the new posting closes and HR processes it. I have my SI on Thursday whereas the other 15-5 applicants are just now getting their emails to schedule their test.
    Ok thanks man. How come you chose Arizona over Texas?

Comment

• Originally posted by wbat91 View Post
      Ok thanks man. How come you chose Arizona over Texas?
      When I first applied I thought I wanted to live in TX but after researching the different areas I thought AZ was a better fit for my family as far as climate, living conditions and availability of housing; not to mention cheaper property taxes and homeowners insurance. What is your geo pref?
      Applied to BPA 15-4 on 03/08/2015 (South Texas)
      Border Patrol Agent Entrance Examination: 04/20/15 - Passed (96)
      Tentative Selection Letter received 05/14/2015
      e-QIP submitted 05/28/15
      Re-applied to BPA 15-5 on 05/31/15 (Arizona)
      PFT1 06/15/2015 - Passed
      Medical Exam 06/15/2015 - Passed
      Structured Interview 06/25/2015 - Failed

Comment

• Border Patrol Agent

Originally posted by Ranger of Ithilien View Post
        When I first applied I thought I wanted to live in TX but after researching the different areas I thought AZ was a better fit for my family as far as climate, living conditions and availability of housing; not to mention cheaper property taxes and homeowners insurance. What is your geo pref?
        Cool! I haven't done such and extensive amount of research yet but I picked Arizona because my fiancé is going to become a teacher soon and Arizona is hiring plenty of them. So that would benefit both plus the cost of living is cheaper than Texas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by wbat91; 06-22-2015, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• clarification

Anybody has any news about polygraph appointments for 15-3 applicants in San Diego?

Comment

• Originally posted by andrew.n.tillman View Post
            Good morning, everyone. I'm a 15-3 applicant for Border Patrol, and a 14-3 applicant for Customs and Border Protection. I just got word that I will be taking the polygraph for both positions on July 16th, San Antonio, and I am a bit nervous. I am an Army Officer leaving active duty in September, so not only am I trying to find a stop gap civilian job, but I'm concerned with the polygraph. I have not done anything that would ding in a background, and I have no ethical issues, I just don't trust the machine. Anyone have any positive polygraph experiences? I've read too much negative stuff happen to seemingly good people, and could use some positive mojo for the next month as I wait for the test.
            Hey brother. Thank you for your service..I'm SPC US ARMY..Nothing to be worry about. We've seen worse than a poly test...
            I have applied for CBPO too almost 3 weeks ago. I'm waiting for my results.

Stay strong and have a great Army day! Hooah
            Last edited by NARDY; 06-24-2015, 09:28 PM.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZQeMv5PXhg HOOAH Brother!!!

Got the email @ 1800 Dec 16
            STAY STRONG!!!
            US ARMY

Comment

• I failed my interview today...

It sounds like I can try again in six months so at least I know what to expect next time...
              Applied to BPA 15-4 on 03/08/2015 (South Texas)
              Border Patrol Agent Entrance Examination: 04/20/15 - Passed (96)
              Tentative Selection Letter received 05/14/2015
              e-QIP submitted 05/28/15
              Re-applied to BPA 15-5 on 05/31/15 (Arizona)
              PFT1 06/15/2015 - Passed
              Medical Exam 06/15/2015 - Passed
              Structured Interview 06/25/2015 - Failed

Comment

I failed my interview today...

It sounds like I can try again in six months so at least I know what to expect next time...
                Sorry to hear that bro. At least don't have to wait that long to reapply

Comment

• Is anyone's qualification check maRk taking forever too

Comment

I failed my interview today...

Damn man, sorry to hear that

STAY STRONG!!!
                    US ARMY

Comment

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
                      Is anyone's qualification check maRk taking forever too
                      Yes I called to check and they said that once the background starts then the qualifications will follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by service4others View Post
                        Thank you for your service but why are you leaving an army officer position? I am just curious sorry if it is too personal of a question. I know the forced cuts and draw down but just curious if that has anything to do with it I understand. Did you think about guard and reserve with CBP and BP? You can PM too.
                        No problem at all. I say active duty just for simplicity sake. I'm in the National Guard on active duty orders, and my position will be de-funded at the end of September. I will still be in the Guard, but go back to drilling status. It can be tough to find these kind of jobs, and they are tenuous because they are tied into the units budget, not the State's or the Army's. My commander basically made my job from scratch and paid me with the unit funds, but he is not going to have the same budget next FY, so he has to kill the position.

Comment

• So I get a call from my BI yesterday to "clear up" some things. Keep in mind I am well aware of the BI process and know full well they will speak to all past employers and pull employee records.

This was in regards to a job a had in 2010 as a juvenile detention officer. I put down I had 2 infractions. Tardies and 1 performances. The performance was in regards to a supervisor coming into my mod and speaking with me about a youth. Well, another supervisor came into my mod and did room checks, I was behind by 5min.*

Apparently I did not list 2 other infractions for absences and another performance. I honestly do not recall these 2 and absences appear to be wrong. This employer listed me for 19 absences for my first year! Which is BS because after 8 you get fired. The performance was for a restraint on a youth. I had a couple of complaints but don't recall receiving a memo for any because they were all unfounded. Never got suspended for any wrongdoings on performances.*

Should I be concerned? I honestly do not recall these 2 other infractions from 2010. Also, I remember er being asked if I falsified or withheld any info, I had no issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
                            So I get a call from my BI yesterday to "clear up" some things. Keep in mind I am well aware of the BI process and know full well they will speak to all past employers and pull employee records.

This was in regards to a job a had in 2010 as a juvenile detention officer. I put down I had 2 infractions. Tardies and 1 performances. The performance was in regards to a supervisor coming into my mod and speaking with me about a youth. Well, another supervisor came into my mod and did room checks, I was behind by 5min.*

Apparently I did not list 2 other infractions for absences and another performance. I honestly do not recall these 2 and absences appear to be wrong. This employer listed me for 19 absences for my first year! Which is BS because after 8 you get fired. The performance was for a restraint on a youth. I had a couple of complaints but don't recall receiving a memo for any because they were all unfounded. Never got suspended for any wrongdoings on performances.*

Should I be concerned? I honestly do not recall these 2 other infractions from 2010. Also, I remember er being asked if I falsified or withheld any info, I had no issues.
                            You should be okay. If you have a clean background then you should be good to go as soon as the investigation is concluded.

Comment

• Originally posted by wbat91 View Post
                              You should be okay. If you have a clean background then you should be good to go as soon as the investigation is concluded.

I am just afraid they will take this as dishonesty and DQ me.

Comment

• Guys, one quick question,

I have received an e-mail saying that an e-mail will be sent to me with my unique application identification number. The e-mail is sent by USAHire or usastaffingoffice? and how long have you been waiting for it?
                                I need that to access the CASS

I have received this after my status was changed to referred.

STAY STRONG!!!
                                US ARMY

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7141 users online. 346 members and 6795 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X