300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kingmanjaro View Post
    I was told the same thing by the agents at my SI.
    Same here, waiting for a poly date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cool! lets see what happens. I don't know if its possible for them to complete a BI in 3 months. And I heard many fail the poly.

Comment

• Originally posted by wbat91 View Post
      I spoke to one of the agents during my SI and she said that if I applied in March and already took my SI then there is a chance that I would be in an October class. I don't know if this is possible but the process has been moving quickly. Polygraph is next for me.
      I'm glad to hear that. I heard they need 1600 hired before September 30th so I'm hoping they speed things up so I can make it in by then! I originally applied in March but reapplied to the one in May so I could change my geo pref from South Texas to Arizona. So far I am moving along as if I hadn't reapplied. It hasn't slowed down my progress yet but who knows if it will affect when I get the call?
      Applied to BPA 15-4 on 03/08/2015 (South Texas)
      Border Patrol Agent Entrance Examination: 04/20/15 - Passed (96)
      Tentative Selection Letter received 05/14/2015
      e-QIP submitted 05/28/15
      Re-applied to BPA 15-5 on 05/31/15 (Arizona)
      PFT1 06/15/2015 - Passed
      Medical Exam 06/15/2015 - Passed
      Structured Interview 06/25/2015 - Failed

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger of Ithilien View Post
        I'm glad to hear that. I heard they need 1600 hired before September 30th so I'm hoping they speed things up so I can make it in by then! I originally applied in March but reapplied to the one in May so I could change my geo pref from South Texas to Arizona. So far I am moving along as if I hadn't reapplied. It hasn't slowed down my progress yet but who knows if it will affect when I get the call?
        So you withdrew from the March posting and applied for May? What step of the process are you currently in? Depends on how fast they are processing the May and June postings

Comment

So you withdrew from the March posting and applied for May? What step of the process are you currently in? Depends on how fast they are processing the May and June postings
          I didn't withdraw it just overwrote my previous application. Everything is supposed to carry over so I don't have to retest or anything.

e-QIP submitted 05/28/15
          PFT1 06/15/2015 - Passed
          Structured Interview 06/25/2015 -
          e-QIP submitted 05/28/15
          PFT1 06/15/2015 - Passed

Comment

• Good morning, everyone. I'm a 15-3 applicant for Border Patrol, and a 14-3 applicant for Customs and Border Protection. I just got word that I will be taking the polygraph for both positions on July 16th, San Antonio, and I am a bit nervous. I am an Army Officer leaving active duty in September, so not only am I trying to find a stop gap civilian job, but I'm concerned with the polygraph. I have not done anything that would ding in a background, and I have no ethical issues, I just don't trust the machine. Anyone have any positive polygraph experiences? I've read too much negative stuff happen to seemingly good people, and could use some positive mojo for the next month as I wait for the test.

Comment

• Originally posted by andrew.n.tillman View Post
              Good morning, everyone. I'm a 15-3 applicant for Border Patrol, and a 14-3 applicant for Customs and Border Protection. I just got word that I will be taking the polygraph for both positions on July 16th, San Antonio, and I am a bit nervous. I am an Army Officer leaving active duty in September, so not only am I trying to find a stop gap civilian job, but I'm concerned with the polygraph. I have not done anything that would ding in a background, and I have no ethical issues, I just don't trust the machine. Anyone have any positive polygraph experiences? I've read too much negative stuff happen to seemingly good people, and could use some positive mojo for the next month as I wait for the test.
              First, thank you for your service. I understand what you mean. The poly is part of the process so just remain calm and get it over with. I'm sure you'll be ok. You probably will be nervous but if you tell the truth you will pass. I passed a poly for state police in March. I was nervous as hell since it was my first polygraph experience. Good luck.

Comment

Good morning, everyone. I'm a 15-3 applicant for Border Patrol, and a 14-3 applicant for Customs and Border Protection. I just got word that I will be taking the polygraph for both positions on July 16th, San Antonio, and I am a bit nervous. I am an Army Officer leaving active duty in September, so not only am I trying to find a stop gap civilian job, but I'm concerned with the polygraph. I have not done anything that would ding in a background, and I have no ethical issues, I just don't trust the machine. Anyone have any positive polygraph experiences? I've read too much negative stuff happen to seemingly good people, and could use some positive mojo for the next month as I wait for the test.
                Are you taking it at the Jefferson Bank building?

Comment

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
                  Anyone know if it is possible to fix your qualifications from GS 5 to GS 7? I qualify for GS 7 but made a mistake and applied for GS 5 instead

Comment

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
                    I'm not sure, I've never been there before, but the email said CBP Internal Affairs Office, BlueLaw International on NE Loop 410.

Comment

Anyone know if it is possible to fix your qualifications from GS 5 to GS 7? I qualify for GS 7 but made a mistake and applied for GS 5 instead
                      I asked about this myself. They responded that I asked too late in the hiring process to do anything about it, but that I could reapply under a new opening. I'm just going to roll forward, I believe that the promotions come quickly enough to not make a HUGE difference.

Comment

I'm not sure, I've never been there before, but the email said CBP Internal Affairs Office, BlueLaw International on NE Loop 410.
                        Ha ha I had the same guy. He is actually pretty cool. He is straight to the point and doesn't try to pull that interrogation crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wunneet View Post
                          Hey guys. For those you out there that listed Tucson Sector as a preference and are not from around here, here are the descriptions for the four stations on the east side of Tucson. These are just my own observations, so if someone else has a different opinion then they are free to throw it out there.

Ranked in order of my own preferences:
                          1. Sonoita Station
                          2. Willcox Station
                          3. Naco Station
                          4. Douglas Station

Sonoita Station
                          Work Experience: For the most part this station is pretty good as far as work goes. If you like to hike this is the place to be. They have plenty of specialty units, and since this station is smaller and has a relatively young workforce, the chances of you getting onto one of these units is pretty good. They still have a decent amount of groups coming through as well, which really helps keep the job exciting. Additionally they do not have stationary positions, so no staring at a fence all shift.
                          Management: Management is supposed to be pretty good at Sonoita. This is a highly sought after station within Tucson Sector, so the station is better able to pick and choose their supervisors, and those higher up the chain. Additionally, they also just got a really good head guy there. He is known to be an "agent's man." Everyone I know has enjoyed working with him, and he really supports the troops.
                          Living Experience: The agents here have two of the better options of towns to live in. Most agents do not live in Sonoita because it is too expensive for most, however there are the towns of Vail (awesome) and Sierra Vista (not so awesome, but better than other places). I will post descriptions of the various towns in a later post.

Willcox Station:
                          Work Experience: Yes, some people will say that this station just works highways and checkpoints, and for the most part this is true, however they still get their share of action. They do bust plenty of dope loads and they get to go out to work walk around traffic that tries to circumvent the checkpoints that they run. Additionally working at the checkpoint does provide for more regular hours (like not working 4 or 5 hours of AUO), something to think about for those agents that have families. They also are a young station, and they seem to be getting a large share of new equipment and more opportunities to get on specialty units, like the K9 program.
                          Management: This is a young station as mentioned before, guys with very few years are being asked to temp sup. Being at a checkpoint does have the drawback of being within view of management and the public, so its not as relaxed as environment as say working an hour in the middle of nowhere.
                          Living Experience: This is where Wilcox makes up for any negatives, living within commuting distance to Vail.

Naco Station:
                          Work Experience: Naco has a little bit of everything, mountains, a "river" - more like a creek to Midwest standards -, and low lands - for those that might not be in the best of shape. The actual work has slowed down tremendously at this station, so this station is going more towards "hard X's" i.e. watching the fence rust. There are a decent amount of specialty units, but it will take you a little while longer to get onto them as this station is larger and has guys with a good number of years in.
                          Management: Naco Station has always been the red-headed stepchild of Tucson Sector. They always seem to get the smallest amount of support and equipment. This also could be do to the management. The head guy at this station is within five years of retirement and really doesn't want to "rock the boat." Consequently specialty programs have been canceled do to "manpower issues" and have never really been able to be jump started again. Additionally, since this station's number of apprehensions has gone down so much, management has a lot of time on their hands which translates towards a trend of micromanaging. As a result of boredom from lack of groups crossing and poor management, 80 to 90 percent of the agents at this station putting in for transfers to other stations.
                          Living Experience: Housing pretty much is limited to Sierra Vista, although it is possible to make the commute from Vail. Most agents that do this carpool.

Douglas Station:
                          Work Experience: Things are still hopping on the eastern side of this station, but on the western side, things have more or less ground to a halt. Douglas seems to be able to acquire a lot of training opportunities and equipment which can lead to a better variety of work available.
                          Management: Micromanagement! There is a ton of this at Douglas Station. If you are on the east side expect to be given a specific 200 yards to patrol and you can only leave that area with permission.
                          Living Experience: Most agents make the drive from Sierra Vista to Douglas. Some do live in Douglas, but that's only because they are from there to begin with. Douglas is basically Little Mexico.

Again these are just observations that I have made over the course of my career. All this is here for is to help some of you make your choices (if you even get a choice) when the nice lady calls from the hiring center.
                          Someone posted this preference list about four years ago and I found it very helpful. Can anyone verify if this information is still accurate or if any changes need to be made? Could you do the same for all of Tucson sector stations in the same amount of detail as the original poster? I have already ranked them in the order based on information I have found:

1. Sonoita
                          2. Casa Grande
                          3. Tucson
                          4. Three Points
                          5. Nogales - close to Sahuarita for commuting

I am specifically wondering about ranking Ajo, Wilcox, Naco, and Douglas. I'm not concerned with nightlife but more safe, family friendly locations with affordable housing.

Thanks
                          e-QIP submitted 05/28/15
                          PFT1 06/15/2015 - Passed

Comment

Thank you for your service but why are you leaving an army officer position? I am just curious sorry if it is too personal of a question. I know the forced cuts and draw down but just curious if that has anything to do with it I understand. Did you think about guard and reserve with CBP and BP? You can PM too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger of Ithilien View Post
                              Someone posted this preference list about four years ago and I found it very helpful. Can anyone verify if this information is still accurate or if any changes need to be made? Could you do the same for all of Tucson sector stations in the same amount of detail as the original poster? I have already ranked them in the order based on information I have found:

1. Sonoita
                              2. Casa Grande
                              3. Tucson
                              4. Three Points
                              5. Nogales - close to Sahuarita for commuting

I am specifically wondering about ranking Ajo, Wilcox, Naco, and Douglas. I'm not concerned with nightlife but more safe, family friendly locations with affordable housing.

Thanks
                              Hey, I also had to reapply for the 15-6 announcement today because I made a mistake in the qualifications. Question: In the question that states that you will override the application by reapplying and start the pre employment process, did you select YES that you agree to override your previous application? I just passed my SI last week now waiting for polygraph.

Comment

Hey, I also had to reapply for the 15-6 announcement today because I made a mistake in the qualifications. Question: In the question that states that you will override the application by reapplying and start the pre employment process, did you select YES that you agree to override your previous application? I just passed my SI last week now waiting for polygraph.
                                Yes, I chose to override my previous app but so far it hasn't affected me. Everything you completed on your previous app should transfer over once the new posting closes and HR processes it. I have my SI on Thursday whereas the other 15-5 applicants are just now getting their emails to schedule their test.
                                e-QIP submitted 05/28/15
                                PFT1 06/15/2015 - Passed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8840 users online. 430 members and 8410 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X