Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by esoj37 View Post
    I was 13-1 as well and received a firm offer last august. I would definitely call them up, there should be a phone number under the Usajob.gov announcement if you go to application status.
    The numbers I am able to get a hold of lead me to a voice mail informing me that the fastest form of contact is via email. If only they would respond to me emails.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CooperTSB View Post
      How far along are you in the process??
      What's showing on your CASS?
      I'm 13-1 as well..
      I'm done with all process.
      I EOD on 6/22/15.
      I am complete with everything except medical, drug test and PFT2. I have been in medical for what seems like 1.5 years. I have sent them my records twice now because they lost the first packet I sent. They are impossible to get a hold of. How long after completing all steps and being sent to the scheduling unit did you receive an EOD. I was reading it could possibly take 8 months for the scheduling unit to give you an EOD.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by David_D View Post
        I am complete with everything except medical, drug test and PFT2. I have been in medical for what seems like 1.5 years. I have sent them my records twice now because they lost the first packet I sent. They are impossible to get a hold of. How long after completing all steps and being sent to the scheduling unit did you receive an EOD. I was reading it could possibly take 8 months for the scheduling unit to give you an EOD.
        You should definitely keep trying to get a hold of them, all the MHC contacts are in you're TSL packet.
        Here's my time line....

        Border Patrol Agent.
        13-1 ; Application- 2/20/2013
        Written exam - 3/20/2013
        N.O.R.S. - 5/17/2013
        Uploaded docs- 5/23/2013
        TSL - 6/9/2014
        OB Interview- 7/22/2014 Passed
        PFT -passed 8/20/2014 passed
        Medical - 8/20/2014 passed
        e-QIP- 8/26/2014
        Polygraph- Passed 2/19/2015
        BI- Cleared 5/19/2015
        Drug test- 5/20/2015
        Offer- 5/21/2015
        PFT2- 6/12/2015
        EOD- 6/22/2015
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

        "Abraham Lincoln"

        Comment


        • Originally posted by David_D View Post
          The numbers I am able to get a hold of lead me to a voice mail informing me that the fastest form of contact is via email. If only they would respond to me emails.
          Is that the MN hiring center?

          Comment


          • 15-6 announcement out, if anyone is interested.
            https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/406558000

            Comment


            • Just got out of my SI and passed. Nice to have that bit of unpleasantness out of the way.

              Application- 3/5/2015
              Written exam - 4/14/2015
              N.O.R.S. - 5/13/2015
              TSL - 5/14/2015
              SF86/eQip - 5/26/2015
              Medical Exam - 6/2/2015
              PFT1 - 6/11/2015 (Passed)
              SI - 6/17/2015 (Passed)
              "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

              Comment


              • Does the Border Patrol ever post openings for the Northern Border? I usually just see for the Southern Border.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
                  Does the Border Patrol ever post openings for the Northern Border? I usually just see for the Southern Border.
                  No. But you can transfer after 3 years at the southern border or so I was told at the SI.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by tevance67 View Post
                    Just got out of my SI and passed. Nice to have that bit of unpleasantness out of the way.

                    Application- 3/5/2015
                    Written exam - 4/14/2015
                    N.O.R.S. - 5/13/2015
                    TSL - 5/14/2015
                    SF86/eQip - 5/26/2015
                    Medical Exam - 6/2/2015
                    PFT1 - 6/11/2015 (Passed)
                    SI - 6/17/2015 (Passed)
                    Hey how long was your SI, including finger printing? I have mine tomorrow and I want to see if I'll have enough time to return to work.

                    Comment


                    • Anyone know the scoop on the big hiring push? Just growing the numbers?
                      Last edited by service4others; 06-17-2015, 10:48 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by kingmanjaro View Post
                        No. But you can transfer after 3 years at the southern border or so I was told at the SI.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Thank you! I assumed that would be the case.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by wbat91 View Post
                          Hey how long was your SI, including finger printing? I have mine tomorrow and I want to see if I'll have enough time to return to work.
                          They took us in the order in which we showed up, so get there a little early. My appointment was at 8:00 am. I got there at 7:20 and I was still 4th in line. I guess it will also depend on how many boards they are running. At mine, they were running 2 boards simultaneously. We had a short briefing (about 30 minutes) by the recruiter before the interviews started. I got called in to the interview around 10:25. After the interview, I had to get fingerprinted. I left the facility at about 11:35. Everyone after me was held over until after lunch. So, if anything, just get there as early as possible so you're one of the first in line.
                          "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by service4others View Post
                            Anyone know the scoop on the big hiring push? Just growing the numbers?
                            I read somewhere online that congress approved the hiring of 1600 new agents. Also BP needs to replace those ritiring,leaving the agency.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by kingmanjaro View Post
                              I read somewhere online that congress approved the hiring of 1600 new agents. Also BP needs to replace those ritiring,leaving the agency.
                              I spoke to one of the agents during my SI and she said that if I applied in March and already took my SI then there is a chance that I would be in an October class. I don't know if this is possible but the process has been moving quickly. Polygraph is next for me.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by wbat91 View Post
                                I spoke to one of the agents during my SI and she said that if I applied in March and already took my SI then there is a chance that I would be in an October class. I don't know if this is possible but the process has been moving quickly. Polygraph is next for me.
                                I was told the same thing by the agents at my SI.
                                Same here, waiting for a poly date.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10757 users online. 491 members and 10266 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X